It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China surpassing the US' Fusion Technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I just read this article entitled CHINA TESTS FUSION REACTOR, and it sounds like China is leading the way in the field of Fusion Energy.

www9.sbs.com.au...

Is this the case and if so to what degree is it so?

Is this the future of clean energy and space propulsion?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I like to see multiple countries pouring money into research for nuclear fusion, the more the better. And I don't doubt that China is doing research in this area, but.....

I don't think I'll put much faith in one story that says things like "State news agency Xinhua reported", or "that the reactor could produce an endless supply of cheap and clean energy", and "We don't care what exactly the data is".

Statements like that totally destroy the validity of the story because the State can report whatever they want, true or not.

1. Their media is just a puppet of the government.
2. Nothing that we know of can supply an "endless" supply of energy.
3. The leader of the fusion experiment should care about the exact data produced by the experiment.

Nice if it's true, but....
I think China, or a reporter is tooting their horn prematurely...........

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
actually england and france are leading the way....with JET and other tokamak's....not to mention germany with their helical tokamak test reactor....

it is good that china is getting involved, they NEED energy and if they can perfect or learn more about fusion, it will bring them one step closer....

I don't know much about their reactor though....how does it compare to JET?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The only way for China to lead the way is to outspend ITER. Though I think they should be welcomed to the project IMO. You can never have too much money and brains for a project like this.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What's happening with ITER anyway, is it moving forward?

I wish they would start building it already....even then, it's still just a test reactor...they will probably need a reactor after ITER and another until they perfect everything.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
"'Despite these concerns, Orbach is a strong supporter of fusion energy. "Everyone is looking to fusion to get us out of the [energy supply] box,' he told the committee. "It's up to us to make it work," adding that it is "time to get our act together and make it happen.'"

www.aip.org...

Thanks for the article Sardion, that's great news, I too feel that the energy crisis could be resolved with fusion power. Not only will fusion power solve our energy crisis hopefully it will also lead to better space-based technology such as faster space shuttles, etc.

top topics

join