It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happens when you fear god.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucum per lucerna
Hello Good Friends,

I think this is a very interesting thread subject and I personally thank Esoteric Teacher for sharing it with us.

i thank you.

In my humble opinion, The Fear of the LORD is a very beautiful and efficacious mindset to have which, GreatTECH wisely stated, leads us to the development of a Reverential feeling of Awe for God. Another way to interpret Fear of the LORD would be to consider it an act of Solemn Observance, meaning a humble and earnest desire to learn must first be had.

GreatTech shares many wisdoms, and many truths.

as for "fear of the lord", perhaps god lies dormant within each soul, until the ones decide to choose to know and face the "fear of the lord" in order to free god from within, and thus free ones soul, and enter the kingdom of heaven prior to death of the physical.

The FEAR of the LORD was initially and should continue to be viewed as a "Philosophy" that requires a very specific train of thought in order to be properly grasped.

perhaps man's purpose is to confront the "fear of the LORD", and dissolve and absorb the LORD's fear.

With these ideas firmly in hand, perhaps we will be enabled to see a deeper truth in the strange and abstruse, "...FEAR of the LORD."

to take away fear is not to take away "reverence" or "awe", but it is the necessary step for us to take away our fear, or at least make it not fear for a moment, so we may present enough love and empathy for the lord to be capable of acknowledging god, acknowledging god's fear, recognizing god, recognizing god's fear, accepting god, accepting god's fear, loving god, and loving god's fear, so that god's fear conjoins with man's truth and then god's fear transforms into fearlessnessingfully, but with the love of all truths and the love of love, and lovingfully knowingfully lovingfully truthingfully.

Psalms 34:11

Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

who wrote this had enough love and enough empathy to know god, and to assist the lord with their very soul to conquer the "fear of the LORD", aka "the LORD's fear".

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of The LORD is The beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

True, in the context of the LORD's light.
False, in the context of man's fears.

Proverbs 1:29

For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

they hated knowledge, and did not choose to know "the fear of the LORD", nor did they choose to confront the fear of the lord, to free the lord of the lord's fear.

Proverbs 2:5

Then shalt thou understand The fear of The LORD, and find The knowledge of God.

if one chose to understand the "lord's fear", and go through it with the Lord's light, then one finds the knowledge of god, but shall not be god, but shall be godlike and like god.

If we solemnly observe the teachings of "The FEAR of the LORD" we will find the knowledge of God. This is to say that we will be afforded a glimpse behind the Temple Veil and the true nature of God will be revealed.

Very well said.

Proverbs 8:13

The fear of The LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and The evil way, and The froward mouth, do I hate.

hating hating is running in circles.
priding priding is running in circles.
arrogancying arrogancying is running in circles.
eviling eviling is running in circles.

alot of running in circles, always passing up the marker, continuosly, always passing god by, again and again and again and again. . .. .. until one chooses to not be afraid for just one moment.

Proverbs 9:10

The fear of The LORD is The beginning of wisdom: and The knowledge of The holy is understanding.

if the "fear of the LORD" aka "the LORD's fear" is the beginning of wisdom, then one must become one with the "LORD's fear" to acknowledge, recognize, accept, and love the LORD's knowledge and understanding.

It is the Temple of MAN. We can view the outer portico or vestibule as the first steps in conscious ascension. It is the area that leads away from the common considerations of the herd or worldly identification. We are here when we begin to desire greater meaning and purpose in life. The next juncture is the Holy Place. It is here that those who are determined to devalue a life of superficiality inevitably arrive. It is in this room that we prepare or rather groom ourselves to gain entrance into the Holy of Holies. This is the room that most spend the most time in. This is were our thinking and mannerisms are refined to a point preceding perfection. When we achieve the correct outlook the veil will be lifted and the light [understanding] will shine through.

i don't think this could be repeated enough times. well stated.

Prov 15:33

The fear of The LORD is The instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Before we can lay claim to the cosmic mind and thus, achieve great honor, we must sincerely humble ourselves.

"...For thou desirest not sacrifice nor burnt offerings but a broken and contrite heart. ps 51:16-17

I hope this was of interest.

infinatley

Kindest regards.

kindest regards to you as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You become to scared to live your life, but at the same time. You won't become like the trash and scum people of this world. But that's just my experience, you may be used, abused, screwed, and so much more. But that's just from most of my experiences.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The samurai believed that it was their top priority to keep death in mind at all times and contemplate it whenever allowed the chance. The idea was not to fear death but to accept it and know that it could come at any moment (especially as a warrior). The reasoning for this being it would ensure that the samuri would spend his life well, and do what was expected from him (i.e. respect his parents, live healthy, stay out of trouble, etc..). By keeping death in mind at all times the samurai could guarantee this.

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28
If there is such thing as the ultimate death, surely it would be the death of your soul and if God is capable of this, it must be considered wise to fear him. If you fear God, you are in a sense keeping death in mind at all times.

I think the bible asks you to fear God for the same reason the samurai kept death in mind at all times. It is instructions to those who would be righteous and it is wise to be righteous.

What happens when you fear God?
You will fear not

[edit on 2-10-2006 by JohnDoe43]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

I think that fear allows us to respect Him.

You don't have to fear a person or thing to respect it. Fearing something is being frightened of it, not wanting to be near it. Is this how you picture God? Do you picture God as a being so terrifying that you wouldn't want to be near it? I don't.

Respect, on the other hand, is being loyal,loving; it is the act of trying to please. Fear does not enter into the equation of respect at all. Love does though.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
ah the power of fear.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join