It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happens when you fear god.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i have been trying to approach wild animals. but, they are arfaid of me, so they run the opposite direction.

god tries to approach humanity, but humanity is afraid of god, so they run in the opposite direction.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, a common misconception by many is that they think that to "fear" God one should be firghtened by him. When the Bible says to "fear," I think it really means to respect. Do not insult God.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, a common misconception by many is that they think that to "fear" God one should be firghtened by him. When the Bible says to "fear," I think it really means to respect. Do not insult God.

i comprehend your point, but i am finding it difficult to find any messenger (angel) from god that did not say "be not afraid" before they started to deliver the message. so, were the angels / deliverers of the message from god all liars?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
When you fear God, you start developing reverential awe of Him. God, in turn, perfects your life.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
When you fear God, you start developing reverential awe of Him. God, in turn, perfects your life.

reverential awe???

sounds like a fancy phrase for jealousy to me.

who else was it that was jealous of god?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The deers run from as they have nor been in my life nor I in theres. This is a mutal agreement. I never seek deers nor do they seek me. It maybe natural to fear the unknown.

There was a stray kitten outside that didn't fear me and as I got to know it I took it in and is never showing signs of fear. It comes down to getting to know eachother.

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
i have been trying to approach wild animals. but, they are arfaid of me, so they run the opposite direction.

god tries to approach humanity, but humanity is afraid of god, so they run in the opposite direction.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Why should I fear "god" ?

not like I could do anything

the whole wild animal thing seems to me more like as if an alien were to encounter me then i'd probably want to flee.

unknown intentions, but if theres a god, then I'd know its a god and it'd know my thoughts and feelings.

fear?

doubtful.
I'd be more bewildered than anything else.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
To fear God, is also to know his power!

congrats

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No, I think it is the opposite. I think that fear allows us to respect Him.

I've been brought up that God is a loving God and he brings me great comfort. But to think about how great and powerful He is, and to think about His wrath to those who turn away from Him come judgement day... yes, now that is a scarry thing!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
yes, but the wrath of God is righteous, non the less. That's why he's so lovely, just tripppin on that one. righteous ass motha#a

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes, His wrath IS rightious.

Vengence is His.

And I'm so glad.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
wwjd?

care for some kool-aid?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hello Good Friends,

I think this is a very interesting thread subject and I personally thank Esoteric Teacher for sharing it with us.

In my humble opinion, The Fear of the LORD is a very beautiful and efficacious mindset to have which, GreatTECH wisely stated, leads us to the development of a Reverential feeling of Awe for God. Another way to interpret Fear of the LORD would be to consider it an act of Solemn Observance, meaning a humble and earnest desire to learn must first be had.

The FEAR of the LORD was initially and should continue to be viewed as a "Philosophy" that requires a very specific train of thought in order to be properly grasped. If the image of God is geometrical then our thoughts must endeavor to emulate the same geometrical form to facilitate comprehension or ideological transference.

Many of us are quick to share our misgiving citing the corporal severity of early Judaistic religious practice as an indication that no amount of sophistication could have possibly existed other than the inculcation of self-evident moral truths. The folly of this position is soon recognized if we can see that no religious philosophy can uplift the mind of those those whom it is was designed to help if its teachings are too far above their intellectual capabilities.

With these ideas firmly in hand, perhaps we will be enabled to see a deeper truth in the strange and abstruse, "...FEAR of the LORD."

Psalms 34:11

Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of The LORD is The beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

If we are earnest in our search for God [truth] we will be rewarded, but those who only look on the surface will not find the understanding they seek.

Proverbs 1:29

For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

This verse is very interesting in that it equates Knowledge, a form of intellectual power with the Fear of the LORD.

Proverbs 2:5

Then shalt thou understand The fear of The LORD, and find The knowledge of God.

If we solemnly observe the teachings of "The FEAR of the LORD" we will find the knowledge of God. This is to say that we will be afforded a glimpse behind the Temple Veil and the true nature of God will be revealed.

Proverbs 8:13

The fear of The LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and The evil way, and The froward mouth, do I hate.

This tells us how NOT to think so that we might find the knowledge of God. The knowledge of God is illumination.

Proverbs 9:10

The fear of The LORD is The beginning of wisdom: and The knowledge of The holy is understanding.

Knowledge, here, is reffered to as Knowledge of the HOLY. Possibly in relation to the Holy Of Holies which exists behind the temple veil. It is the Temple of MAN. We can view the outer portico or vestibule as the first steps in conscious ascension. It is the area that leads away from the common considerations of the herd or worldly identification. We are here when we begin to desire greater meaning and purpose in life. The next juncture is the Holy Place. It is here that those who are determined to devalue a life of superficiality inevitably arrive. It is in this room that we prepare or rather groom ourselves to gain entrance into the Holy of Holies. This is the room that most spend the most time in. This is were our thinking and mannerisms are refined to a point preceding perfection. When we achieve the correct outlook the veil will be lifted and the light [understanding] will shine through.

Prov 15:33

The fear of The LORD is The instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Before we can lay claim to the cosmic mind and thus, achieve great honor, we must sincerely humble ourselves.

"...For thou desirest not sacrifice nor burnt offerings but a broken and contrite heart. ps 51:16-17

I hope this was of interest.

Kindest regards.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I fear no God! If s/he smote me now, I'd say "Acceptable. I doubted you and you smite."

If God exists what is the point of fearing him/her/it/them? An omnipotent being could never be avoided.

As for the deers running, that is called instinct. Herbivores consider anything that isn't another herbivore a threat. They run from threats. Their instinct is to survive.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

i comprehend your point, but i am finding it difficult to find any messenger (angel) from god that did not say "be not afraid" before they started to deliver the message. so, were the angels / deliverers of the message from god all liars?

Right, be not afraid. Fright and respect are two different things.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
To fear God is to lack understanding in Him, cause He is righteous and caring. Although the one who can turn your world upside down, is Him.

also,

To fear God is to be within his presence.

He is and was always aside.

And what happens when you fear God is you get to know your true companion.

congrats

[edit on 1-10-2006 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

who else was it that was jealous of god?

Lucifer, I supose.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

congrats

to fear god is to not acknowledge fear for what fear is.
to fear god is to not recognize fear for what fear is.
to fear god is to not accept fear for what fear is.
to fear god is to not love fear for what fear is.

to fear god is to fear truth.

to fear truth is to not know truth.

god is truth.
fearing is the only step away from truth.
fearing is the only step away from god.
fearing is the only step away from knowingfully truthingfully god is.

god fear nothing, not even nothing.

to know god power is to know god.

to know god is to not know fear for just one moment.

fear still known to god, but transformed into fearlessingfully lovingfully truthingfully lovingfully knowingfully everythingingingfullyfullyfullyfully.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
wwjd?

What would jesus say?

dependant upon what would god say (WWGS).

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

No, I think it is the opposite. I think that fear allows us to respect Him.

re - spect?

re - spect what?

too afraid to in - spect what it is you "re - spect" everytime you walk around truth, to afraid to inspect, to busy wanting to spect again and again and again because "re" means again and again and again.... "re - spect" or "in - spect" is free will, free choice, and no error, and no fault, and is "re - specters" choices choiced choosen chose choose.

I've been brought up that God is a loving God and he brings me great comfort. But to think about how great and powerful He is, and to think about His wrath to those who turn away from Him come judgment day yes now that is a scary thing.. .

not scary.
no fear.
god come softly, gently, slowly, be not afraid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join