It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Flu Vaccine Shortage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Two days ago, my neighbor who is a nurse at a pediatritians office warned me that there is another shortage this year. After a Dr. had given her the order to give a child the flu vaccine, she was ran down by the office manager or what ever and told "do not give anyone the vaccine". Apparently they had recieved a shipment of 200 vaccines, and were just told there is another shortage and they nor anyone else will be recieving anymore shipments of the vaccine this year. Apparently the Dr. office is going to be putting the 200 vaccines they have under lock and key. She also added that they are expecting they typical influenza and the avian flu to be bad this year.

SO, I called my pediatrition today, and asked them. The lady I spoke to said (and it sounded like she was reading from a script) "we dont know anything about the vaccines other than to tell people to call back in the middle of October".

OK......so I got online to see if there was any news about this vaccine, and I find several things on how there is no worries of a shortage this year....that there "should be" a vaccine for anyone who wants one.

Now, can someone please help me with this? Why is the Federal health admin and the cdc saying they are not worried about a vaccine shortage while the nurses at the Dr.'s offices are saying they only have a limited amount and are not getting any more?

Can anyone here in the medical field vouge one way or the other?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hmmm I will check around, but not that we have heard.

In fact our annual flu shot bonanza is set to begin October 2nd and no hint of a shortage. But hospitals always get first acess to the stuff anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If you would, I would appreciate it. As I stated earlier, her pediatritians group recieved 200 vaccines that they were supposed to start giving this week, but were told at the end of last week that they would not be recieving any more vaccines. She also said that they have a flu vaccine clinic that runs from October to November, and they were having to call everyone and cancel appointments. That all the vaccine clinics or what ever you want to call them will not opperate this year.

I know this is hearsay, but I dont see why she would lie to me. On the other hand, if this is the case, I dont understand why the govt. would continue to tell people that there will not be a shortage.

join