It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decoding the "I Ching"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

I will try to explain how opening one wouldn't be a good idea, although what you are referring to may be different than what I'm referring to, at some level. ...So you could be referring to one type of device that serves a similar purpose, and I could be referring to another type of device that serves a similar purpose but has a different outcome.

You did not get round to clarifying exactly why you think opening a Stargate is not a good idea. But I thought about the question myself last night and this morning. ...

If the schematic is a Stargate, is the Stargate dangerous?

It seems to me - based on Fu Hsi's record - that the Stargate (if that's what it is) would not be dangerous.

Fu Hsi taught his people the skills they needed to become economically independent and self-sufficient, unlike his counterpart deities. He also promoted spiritual, psychological and social independence.

And he did not just promote economic, spiritual, psychological and social independence and self-sufficiency - he pointed the way, left a map with coordinates, and apparently, a simple schematic for building a door.

The I Ching is very basic and extremely simple. It is not designed for an elite with specialized knowledge - it is designed so that anyone who takes the time can understand it.

In short, everything Fu Hsi did was about helping ordinary people to achieve individual personal freedom.

So no - I do not think building Fu Hsi's Stargate and opening the door would be dangerous. He simply is not the kind of guy to leave that kind of legacy.

At the very least, such a Stargate would provide free travel here on earth: self-powered with a non-polluting source of free energy.

if you can trace Enmerkar's lineage to Gilgamesh and the amount of years between them, you got yourself some timeline evidence and a working foundation for your Gilgamesh theory.

I don't really have a Gilgamesh theory, and the question of whether or not Gilgamesh and Fu Hsi were contemporaries in time is irrelevant. The relevance lies in their rep as "God-kings." My comparison is quite superficial, and used only to illustrate the difference between Fu Hsi and earth's other God-kings, generically:

Fu Hsi helped ordinary people to achieve individual personal freedom, and left as his legacy a guide that would survive calamities of the ages; but

Other God-kings served other agendas that involved keeping humanity enslaved, and promoting the idea that mankind is not 'equipped' to handle certain knowledge.

...Although I do find your info and interpretation to be fascinating. More please.

Btw, have you ever figured out what/who the President of the Four Mountains was? Besides the obvious "NSEW" reference and the polar star concept, that is. I think I know but its just a theory. And the answer to the question solves the riddle of what in the sam hill Cush would be doing in China when he is traditionally known as a post flood settler of Ethiopia.

I haven't considered the question. ...Would you share your thoughts?

Thanks for your sharing your knowledge.

And WELCOME zyson5.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hi again,

I'm going to separate this into 2 posts. This one will be about the reason opening star gates might not be such a good thing at this juncture.

The reason I say that is because, the book of Revelation (last book of the bible), describes the opening of a particular star gate, and the events that transpire at that point, are not good. This does not mean it's the same as the one you refer to, as I said before, we could be talking about 2 different things (and then again, we might not be). The one I'm talking about is the biblical "bottomless pit" and the sumerian "Abzu." When it's finally reopened, the "beings" who were placed in it over 5000 years ago, come out. Then it says they inflict excruiating pain on people for five months. This was all a bizaare series of events to me when I initially read it over 30 years ago. However, as I've connected the sumerian events to the revelation events, the picture has become clearer. There's a sort of irony to it all: the beginnings of the god-king civilization and the endings of it.

One of the features that marked the mesopotamian flood, is the need to cleanse the land, which had become so polluted (environmentally and genetically), it was nearly unliveable for humans - animals were no longer edible, the air and waters were polluted, plants wouldn't grow, there was a huge drought. The hybrid offspring survived it by eating the humans once the food supplies ran out.

All this devestation was initialized by the Anunnaki (sons of god, high ranking angelic beings who had been known as gods by the ante-diluvian people, but who were essentially under the command of an even higher ranking being, who remained unnamed in their texts (although there is a great deal of speculation on this particular topic) when they not only introduced us to their special knowledge, but used us as cannon fodder in the wars that followed. Their hybrid offspring ruled with them but were initially rarely mentioned as they were outshined by the Anunnaki, themselves.

The Anunnaki responsible for much of the devestation, including the pollution of the human and animal genomes, had disobeyed what I like to call the prime directive, that being that these extra-terrestrial, SUPERnatural beings, were not supposed to interfer with the development of the human civilization on this planet. This was considered a crime of mammoth proportions and some of them witnessed first hand the results of their decisions, the rest were placed in the star gate and sent to "outer darkness," which I theorize was some place in the universe so far removed from any known planetary civilizations that they couldn't possibly do any more damage. Then the star gates were all buried (at least, the ones in mesopotamia were), locked as it were, the wormhole connections severed (this is depicted as the slaying of Tiamat, and the destruction of Mt. Sumeru (Meru)).

The opening of the Eridu Abzu (or possibly the Nippur Abzu) marks, what I believe to be the opening of the bottomless pit, the opening of the star gate, which is followed by the reintroduction to those Anunnaki who had been sent to outer darkness (to say they appear to be upset when they get back here, is an understatement). Here is where the theory starts to develop a few plot holes - we don't know if their star gates were tuned for only one location, or if each star gate had only one destination of their choosing, or if they were capable of many connections such as is depicted in the film and tv show. The theory at this point is, that each star gate had a specific destination, tuned via a crystal of some sort. The crystal could be retuned for a different destination but we don't know if it was automatic or a complicated process. we just don't have enough information and i'm not sure we want to know all of it since we are probably not even remotely prepared for these guys to come back here from their isolation).

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Good stuff. Thank you.

...Off the top, I would say that Fu Hsi is of a different lineage than the Annuki - and the Hebrew God - with a different objective. I also don't think the Annuki are still gone. Altho the main source influencing my thinking here may be Doris Lessing's Canopus in Argos series.

I will wait for your next post to respond properly.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Right. Not all the anunnaki are gone. Following the flood, when Nimrod built the Etemenanki (tower of babel), he was essentially trying to reestablish Enki's Eridu, including reopening the Abzu chamber and the star gate contained within. Jehovah Elohiym, at this point, calls a meeting - a decision must be made. Humanity is heading right back to the same place they were in before the flood, wanting to reestablish contact with the very same beings that had wreaked so much havoc and destruction on the planet, not only personally, but by teaching humanity how to do destructive things (as if we weren't destructive enough as it was, they felt we needed to know how to make more advanced weapons of war, for example. the problem was, if our wars got too intense, we might completely self-annihilate. ) The question of the hour was, how do we deal with mankind. The decision was made to separate the nations according to the number of "Watchers" or Sons of God, who would then become the "gods" of the nations they had been assigned to. This was called the Divine Council. Naturally, this fell along racial lines, as many of the hybrid god-kings had come from a particular angelic/extra-terrestriial bloodline.

Anyway, as regards the President of the Four Mountains: the jury is still out on this one but my first impression is that it has something to do with four specific pyramids, one of which was in China. I don't believe the Great Pyramid would've been included in the four mountains, as it doesn't appear to be around until Ham, who's egyptian name was Chamu Chufu (Khufu). Of course, if Khufu didn't really build the Great Pyramid, then the possibility still exists that it was one of the Four Mountains, the President of which, would've been some hybrid pharaoh type figure. This is where Cush comes in with the Ethiopian-Egyptian-Chinese connection.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
(addendum: I need to add to the above post, that when the Divine Council was created, Nimrod, who was also the Egyptian Osiris and the Akkadian Enmerkar and the first post flood World Emperor, lost his power and authority. It was redistributed to the Divine Council of 70 angelic beings, and then Nimrod was killed. The Shabaka Stone says he "drowned", which is a contradiction to the story in which he is cut into 14 pieces by his evil brother Set. This, I believe, may have been an allegory. When he was deified, they assigned him the constellation "Orion" and the cutting up of Osiris was based on the constellation being obscured gradually as it sunk below the horizon. In other words, he drowned, and the 14 pieces story is a constellation based myth, created after he was deified in Egypt (my theory) and after his death. )

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay responding. Long day, much distraction in RL.

Be back tomorrow.

Thanks, sofi

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
undo - As I understand it, you interpret the (Sumerian-Mesopotamian) myths to mean that the 'Gods' were 'fallen angels/bad guys' - that (a) Stargate(s) existed, and were used to banish the bad guys - and then were locked in position. Hence, unlocking this/these Stargate(s), or changing the settings, is dangerous for two reasons. Such action would 1) release the bad guys from banishment and possibly bring them back to earth; and/or 2) take us to a 'hell' place.

For purposes of discussion, I accept your interpretation. (Good work, and thank you btw.
)

Back to the I Ching, the notion that the work might include directions to build a Stargate, and the question whether or not said Stargate would be dangerous:

1. If the I's schematic can be used for a Stargate, then the settings will be open, ie., not set to "the hell place" where the bad guys are, or locked in any position. The only way that using a newly constructed Stargate would release the bad guys is if we accidentally hit exactly the right setting - and the odds of that happening are billions to one.

True, we cannot take it for granted that all settings lead to a world/environment that is safe for human life - but that's a different problem.

2. Your main assumption is that the myths originally were true stories, and represent a legitimate warning to mankind.

I will agree that the myths are based on true stories intended as a warning to mankind, BUT, interpret them instead as 'morality tales,' the main purpose of which is to establish territorial boundaries, and to say, "Do not meddle in the affairs of the 'Gods.' " (For they are jealous and quick to anger.)

So IMO - the warning is "spin" designed to establish a taboo, and is not necessarily legitimate.

Indeed, the I Ching is premised on the notion that anyone may access deep wisdom, and follow "the Way" (of the 'Gods').

3. You also assume that only one line of 'God'-rulership ever was present on earth.

However, in the beginning and at every turn, the I Ching describes a trinity of dynamics, with various interpretations including: 1) Positive, negative, and neutral; and 2) Attraction, repulsion, and static.

IMO, this "dynamic trinity" can be extended to encompass three 'lines' of angel/alien presence on earth, as follows: 1) Good guys, wanting to protect humanity; 2) Bad guys, wanting to use/abuse humanity; and 3) Neutral oversight.

In conclusion (for now), I see no reason not to develop an animated graphic of the I Ching in its original form.

The "wheels within wheels" presentation may, or may not, describe a variety of phenomena and may, or may not, provide a schematic for building a Stargate.

In the final analysis, the I Ching may be saying that we are, life is, the Stargate, essential for the universe's unfolding to its next stage of dynamic being, according to divine plan (or not, as you wish).

In any event, I do not respect the taboos. I want to look at it, and decide for myself.

Also btw - the "wheels within wheels" schematic is so obvious and so apparent, I have no doubt whatsoever that it has been 'discovered,' and rediscovered, countless times and appropriated/hidden as "secret" knowledge. My main goal here is to put it out as Open Source public knowledge, an action clearly consistent with Fu Hsi's original intent.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, I don't necessarily find evidence that ALL gates went to bad places. For example, the gates that Gilgamesh used in his Epic, went to Paradise. The gates Adapa used, went to the courtyard of An (Anu, Anubis, On, Wepwaut (maybe)) where he was invited to partake in a dinner with the "gods" in the heavens. This scene is described in the Tablet of Adapa. The gates the Egyptians used went to a chamber where the heart of the deceased was judged and its destination decided upon based on its "weight" against the weight of a feather. This is depicted in the Book of the Dead. From that spot, you could end up in either of two places - a heavenly paradise or a hellish place of either torture or simple non-existence. A way station of sorts.

(will read the rest of your post and answer in a new post)

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You said:
So IMO - the warning is "spin" designed to establish a taboo, and is not necessarily legitimate.

My response:
It's entirely possible that there's a particular gate that is taboo. This would only be true, of course, if the gates were individually tuned for only one destination. Or the other possibility is that it is a matter of timeframe - the timeframe reference being, that when the "fallen angel" of Revelation 9 descends and opens the bottomless pit (the star gate) at Eridu (or possibly at Nibru (Nippur)), this is the TIME when the things emerge. In other words, perhaps they could still emerge from any potential opened gate, but when they actually do, is when the gate in either Eridu or Nibru is dug up and opened. The theory at this point is, that the gates in question had solitary destinations, that being the Throneroom of An (possibly the nibru gate went there ... there's some question as to whether the information for enki and enlil has been mixed together and exchanged in various parts of the history) and the Land of No Return (possibly the eridu gate went there, which you can read about in the various stories relating Inanna's trip to the underworld).

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You can see yet more references to the ancient gates, in the lore of the islamics. For example, they believe the Mahdi entered a well and will return from a well - to me, this sounds like a star gate reference that has been somehow passed down and converted into a "well" story. Since Islam doesn't come about until a very long time after the biblical prophecies were originally written, we need to refer back to the mention of a being emerging from the bottomless pit that might also correspond to the Mahdi. This does indeed happen in the book of Revelation. It says something to the effect, that a being of some sort, who wields a great deal of power and influence (part of the "antichrist" trio of beast, whore, false prophet), rises out of the bottomless pit. For it to rise out of the bottomless pit, the thing has to be opened already. Since there's no way to determine the exact opening date or if it isn't already opened, the rest is still shrouded in the events of some futurescape or some hidden presentscape.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Again - the "wheels within wheels" schematic is so obvious and so apparent, I have no doubt whatsoever that it has been 'discovered' countless times and 'hidden' as 'secret' knowledge. My main goal here is to release it into the world as Open Source public knowledge, an action clearly consistent with Fu Hsi's original intent.

undo - Relating your Stargate theory to this thread, your main point seems to be that we have been "warned" not to mess with Stargates, which are real and dangerous, and the warning should be heeded. (more or less?)

I am saying that Fu Hsi gave the I Ching to mankind for altruistic purposes, so that mankind would be on a "level playing field" with the lord-employer-master "gods," an alien species using humans as servant-laborers. (more or less)

IMO - the warning reflects the Judeo-Christian notion that "knowledge is evil" or leads to evil, best illustrated by Adam and Eve's "fall" after the serpent tricked them into eating an apple from the tree of knowledge.

Interestingly, Fu Hsi was born "as a divine being with a serpent's body," according to legend. So Fu Hsi represents Biblical knowledge-cum-evil symbolically, as well as philosophically.

This West-East comparison supports the idea that two god-alien 'species' with polarized agendas exist(ed) on earth: one wishing to maintain the human species as ignorant and compliant servant-laborers; the other working against the first to 'elevate' humanity. And of course, the I Ching trinity (at least) implies the existence of a third species of neutral god-alien "watchers."

So the fundamental questions remain: What do you believe? Who do you trust? Is knowledge, per se, evil?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The I Ching and the Idea of Changes

The I Ching describes three main kinds of change:

1. Linear progression-evolution, where change occurs naturally and predictably as each new 'element' follows from, builds on, and encompasses those before it;

2. Cyclic return, where identifiable groups of 'elements' (kua) are plotted as closed circles that rotate in a fixed 'orbit', which includes - and is defined relative to - other circle-orbits, as well as its own "dark side" or polar opposite;

3. Random change, where unpredictable or unpredicted interractions occur - most easily conceived of as micro-to-macro "wormholes," of the sort described in quantum- and astro-physics.

By most terms, the schematic called for here is a basic exercise, one which focuses exclusively on the fixed linear and cyclic changes described in the I Ching - and at this stage, which ignores the very real potential for random change. Even so, I believe it is a legitimate exercise, and that an animated schematic will prove useful.

The schematic is not intended to preclude the idea of random change, but rather, to create a framework within which to better understand random change.

NOTE: About the I Ching as a clock-calendar. 2012 is a year of great change according to the I Ching, as it is in the Mayan calendar. See:

Novelty Theory
Fractal time and the I Ching
Sheliak: Mathematical Revisions

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
sofi,

the judeo-christian premise is not that knowledge leads to evil. rather it is that some knowledge is not and should not be, available to a species who can't get passed simple concepts like greed, murder, rape, hate and so on. the entire premise of the spirit over the beast nature, is for that very reason. if you send a pack of wild dogs out into the universe, they are going to behave like a pack of wild dogs. giving them the ability to go out into the universe without creating a change in their reasoning, is like shooting yourself in the foot - repeatedly.

we are a fallen species. the solution to all this is a gigantic conundrum. it simply isn't solveable while we are in our current bodies. there's no one group of humans on this planet capable of making the necessary decisions, because the decisions will always be from a falliable position. in order to solve it one way, we end up abusing it another. this is the very thing that you see played out in the medical community. in order to resolve bacterial infections, antibiotics were created. but with the passage of time, it created super bacteria, so now the problem is even worse than before.

another solution is to have a human "council" or "hive-mind" that decides who is worthy and who is not. this is no better than nazism, which inevitably is a replay of a survival of the fittest scenario in the hands of a bunch of human beings who are just as falliable now as they were 5000 years ago.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

sofi,

the judeo-christian premise is not that knowledge leads to evil. rather it is that some knowledge is not and should not be, available to a species who can't get passed simple concepts like greed, murder, rape, hate and so on. the entire premise of the spirit over the beast nature, is for that very reason. if you send a pack of wild dogs out into the universe, they are going to behave like a pack of wild dogs. giving them the ability to go out into the universe without creating a change in their reasoning, is like shooting yourself in the foot - repeatedly.

we are a fallen species. the solution to all this is a gigantic conundrum. it simply isn't solveable while we are in our current bodies.

undo -

Accepting your summary of the premise - I disagree with the premise.

I believe that basic things like universal education, with adequate food and water for all, are all that's required to "elevate" the human species.

I also believe that the very worst human specimens already have access to the highest technological and arcane knowledge - and use it to maintain power over the planet.

The conundrum - and its solution - were identified long ago: open the doors to knowledge and prosperity, and work with humanity as a single entity. Stop cultivating overseers; it doesn't work.

Sorry - have little time today. Will be back tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You said:

I believe that basic things like universal education, with adequate food and water for all, are all that's required to "elevate" the human species.

My response:

the problem with your scenario is, we already have universal education with adequate food and water in many places and yet crimes aganist humanity are worse than ever. And this isn't just the rich exploiting the poor, it's in the streets, in the rural areas, the suburbs, and the inner cities. it's uptown and downtown. it's all over the map. the country of origin doesn't matter. the level of education inevitably makes no difference. rapists and murderers come from all classes, all backgrounds.

here's another example: joe schmoe (fictitious individual) is a black man. a black man was seen at the scene of a murder. joe schmoe is arrested but can't afford a fancy lawyer, so he ends up with the lawyer assigned him by the state. joe really didn't do it but because the prosecutor plays to win, it doesn't matter if he thinks, in his heart of hearts, that joe is guilty or not, he must convince himself that joe is guilty. then he must convince others that joe is guilty. joe goes to prison. there's a death penalty. joe goes to death row. later, it turns out joe was innocent.

what just happened?

i will tell you. humans are not, no matter how well educated, nor how well fed, capable of making infallible decisions. they don't have all the information because they are limited by their human condition. whether we play it as "the good of the one" or the "good of the many", it still is contingent on our weakness as a species and as a result, innocent people suffer and die.

the problem with the "we need to evolve" concept is that those (fallen ones) who are willing to teach us physical evolution, and who foster ideas such as "We deserve to know these things," are only giving us part of the information themselves! There's a method to this madness. For example, while imparting technological information, they omit the part about it polluting the planet 10 years from now. While imparting medical information, they omit the part about it polluting the genome, 10 years from now. We don't have the foresight to know the difference, a condition they are well aware we suffer from and which they have taken full advantage of on more than one occassion.

For example, in the book of Enoch it says the fallen angels taught us the science of herbs (et.al, the beginnings of pharmacology), but lo and behold, they only taught us the bare minimum and usually it involved addictive substances that altered brain chemistry in damaging and dangerous ways, the stuff that inevitably did more harm than good. oh boy, we could make beer. yeah....great. it has no redeeming qualities. it ups the estrogen, creating dangerous hormonal levels for women. it slows reflexes. it alters the logic centers of the brain so you can't make informed, rational decisions. it destroys the liver. oh boy. we could make beer. thank you enki, for the beer. (sarcasm).

It also says they taught us blacksmithing and how to kill each other more efficiently. oh joy.

I dunno about you but I see no reason to believe that teaching us yet more effective ways to kill, is the answer. Especially if we can travel out there and be more effective killers. The conquested become the conquestors (again). if you count our own earthly conquests, which didn't turn out too well if you recall, there's not even a single earthly example to compare it to that would suggest such a thing has ever been good. We invaded, robbed the people, destroyed their environment, made them physically ill, demanded they change their lifestyles, and all in the name of progress that was actually exchanging one screwed up lifestyle for another screwed up lifestyle.

Sounds familar. Sounds like the direction this whole "we must evolve" scenario is heading in. We must evolve into what? Who's gonna make the decisions? Who is honestly capable of making those decisions? Who? Only a big brother type system could even come close to having enough information to make informed decisions about social order, and because its run by humans, it would end up in a sorry mess like the movie "V for Vendetta".

People who buy into the "we can evolve" thing, are falling right into the same trap that was laid for the ancient sumerians. And just like in the days of Noe, we'll be right back in the same spot (well, we are almost there now).

[edit on 8-10-2006 by undo]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This thread is based on the following premise:

Fu Hsi represented a group - or perhaps, was a group - of learned 'gods' or aliens, who found a way to create a "knowledge archive" capable of surviving geophysical catastrophe, cultural change, language loss, and time on earth. The archive is the I Ching, a system involving binary numbers and simple images that can be "opened" in a variety of ways.

In one form, the I Ching represents a "clock-calendar" that places the planet earth within the cosmos, describes larger-distant astronomical events, and identifies those events' impacts on the planet earth and mankind.

Leaving aside the fractal work already completed by McKenna and Sheviak, my goal here is to promote the creation of an animated graphic representation of that "clock-calendar." Recently and incidentally, it occurred to me that the graphic representation might also be the schematic for a Stargate.

undo - Thank you for your contributions.

Your work helps clarify the main differences between Judeo-Christian mythology and that of earth-based disciplines like Taoism.

The I Ching's Taoist philosophy is based on the idea that with learning and by following the "way," anyone may become a "superior man," meaning royal or god-like. The "way" specifically involves mans' learning to know "heaven," "earth" and man, and learning to live in harmony as part of the heaven-earth-man trinity. According to the I Ching and Taoism, everyone has the right to knowledge.

In contrast, Judeo-Christian mythology asserts that real knowledge is beyond the reach of ordinary men - that humans must acquiesce to the "lord and master," the one God and his representatives on earth, such as the church, pope, priests or monarchy. The "way" of Judeo-Christian myths involves accepting one's place and working within the hierarchy - specifically towards "conquering" nature, meaning the earth's nature, and the 'innately flawed' nature of man - and promote (a) hierarchical industrial-economic system(s). Only the "chosen" have access to higher learning.

As you may have realized, I am more of a Taoist than Judeo-Christian. I believe knowledge is a good thing, and necessary to live in harmony with heaven and earth.

NOTE to graphic artists: Besides circles with sequential numbers around the circumference [0-7, 0-63, 0-4095] - we also need diagrams showing sequences going both forward and backward, ie, in the "A" position: South 0-3, North from 7 backwards to 4; S 0-31, N from 63 backwards to 32; S 0-2047, N from 4095 backwards to 2046. [Re: The "Sequence of Earlier Heaven" traditionally credited to Fu Hsi.] ...My apologies - I was/am working from memory, not my notes, and forgot about this sequence.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You said:

the one God and his representatives on earth, such as the church, pope, priests or monarchy.

My response:

The problem with that premise is, that's not what Jesus taught. He did say that if the government demands you walk a mile, walk two, but that was a general reference to any government (at the time, it was pagan Rome, later it would be semi-pagan Rome, and then of course, the various world empires or controlling systems since then such as Islam, British, Communism, Socialism and of course, Democratic Republics).

Jesus was very liberal in many of His teachings. He supported non-violence. In fact, He taught that if someone asks for something, give them twice what they asked for. To return love for hate. He was pro-female. It truly is not His fault if humans can't understand His message or try to construe it as something it is not.

In addition, it says "where ever two or more are gathered in His name," that's all that is needed for the "gathering of yourselves together." In fact, a believing husband and wife, daughter and son, father and daughter, two neighbors, or any combination thereof, would constitute the same thing as a church if the parties involved were in agreement in prayer. You understand that the Apostles were subject to the world system, which already had established temples of worship, including pagan temples, judaic temples and so on. This was how the world functioned but Jesus didn't say keeping the Sabbath day holy required meeting in a church. That was the world system and He advocated working within the world system in a peaceful manner. Why do you think that is? Because the opposite of working with the system, is violence and that wasn't what He taught.

Man teaches violence with a purpose, and does so under the auspices of every government type on the planet, every empire, every political system, and even Taoism teaches that to some degree by simply refusing to accept the humanity of those they disagree with. You become less of a person when you don't accept the way of "order in chaos", the ability of humanity to evolve to a higher state (while all the while dictating what a higher state is comprised of, killing those who disagree. a survival of the fittest scenario in which inevitably women are completely absent (if you'd like me to prove how this is so, just let me know!) - and chaos requires weeding out those you disagree with. It's the same old song and dance as every other belief system on the planet who teaches that humanity has the ability to righteously judge others. We don't get it. We ain't got it for thousands of years and we will never get it, while in these bodies. It would take omniscience and perfected love to do so and neither of those are at our disposal in this mortal coil.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The problem with that premise is, that's not what Jesus taught.

We were talking about early myths - specifically the Gilgamesh Epic and Fu Hsi's I Ching, not Jesus.

Ideas about how myths evolve, and cultures change, are very interesting and important - but are not the subject of this thread.

...We have come a long way from the the thread's original topic, and need to get back to it.

This thread is called Decoding the I Ching, and is based on the following premise:

Fu Hsi represented a group - or perhaps, was a group - of learned 'gods' or aliens, who found a way to create a "knowledge archive" capable of surviving geophysical catastrophe, cultural change, language loss, and time on earth. The archive is the I Ching, a system involving binary numbers and simple images that can be "opened" in a variety of ways.

In one form, the I Ching represents a "clock-calendar" that places the planet earth within the cosmos, describes larger-distant astronomical events, and identifies those events' impacts on the planet earth and mankind.

Leaving aside the fractal work already completed by McKenna and Sheviak, my goal here is to promote the creation of an animated graphic representation of that "clock-calendar."

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You said:

This West-East comparison supports the idea that two god-alien 'species' with polarized agendas exist(ed) on earth: one wishing to maintain the human species as ignorant and compliant servant-laborers; the other working against the first to 'elevate' humanity. And of course, the I Ching trinity (at least) implies the existence of a third species of neutral god-alien "watchers."

My response:

The Watchers are all over history. Most of them are fallen angelic and originally, extra-terrestrial. They represented themselves as gods in ancient sumer and elsewhere in history. If you were to compare them to the events in the film or TV show, STARGATE, they would be the equivalent of the Goa'uld. The Jafar, their hybrid offspring and devout followers, would've been the equivalent of the biblical nephilim. Some of the Watchers originally occupied this planet, it belonged to them before it belonged to humans. They had advanced technologically to the point of spreading out and colonizing space, especially around the solar system and its various moons.

When humans were created and bequeathed the planet Earth, the Watchers grew angry. This was THEIR planet and humans were invaders, as far as they were concerned. The Watchers had lost this planet as a future inheritance. The only way they could continue to exercise any modicum of control over it was to take advantage of a universal law regarding free will. These events inspired the plan to get humanity to self-destruct of their own free will, because that was the only way they could get away with it, within the universal system. This was carried out in various ways including the introduction of knowledge about the universe that had the accumulative effect of damaging both humans and their habitat Earth (as an useful living environment). The Watchers have never imparted useful information that didn't also have an end goal of destroying our species. That the I Ching is a neutral instrument in this war aganist humanity, sounds unlikely. The Watchers are like a brotherhood, and not only do they want to see humanity dead, they especially want to see the end of female humans (afterall, we create more humans).

As has been proven by history, again and again, in a survival of the fittest contest, female humans lose. This is evident in every ancient and modern culture, bar none. As technology advances, the need for human females as active members of the human species becomes less and less prominent and less likely, as well. We are being replaced by magazine and TV porn, internet porn, and inevitably, robots that look and act, just like women. MMORPGs in which unsuspecting males attach themselves emotionally to computer generated images of women who actually are being played by men. Slowly but surely, women are being inched out of the human race, and the first place that starts is at the level of intimacy.

A gender war has been raging for a least a century now, and more and more people are chosing same sex relationships. This not only leads to the creation of less humans (a Watcher agenda), but its leading to fewer and fewer men choosing female companionship over same sex companionship. And since the societies of the world are almost exclusively patriarchal, it will inevitably lead to female genocide on a global scale. A perfect example of that is the low birth ratio of females to males in a predominantly male homosexual culture (ancient Greece). If the culture is patriarchal and predominantly homosexual, women become nothing but baby making machines, that are expected to crank out more males for the culture to interact with and enjoy. Artifical life creation will replace women in even that aspect.

No, technological advancement and greater understanding of the universe is not proving to be a good thing - it's proving to be the arrival of men into a culture of machines and robots, a bunch of darth vaders, where every whim is as close as the nearest device, and women are essentially useless because we can't be programmed.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by undo]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Undo - This thread has a very specific topic - we have come a long way from it, and need to get back to it. If you continue arguing that the topic is unacceptable - you are simply derailing the thread.

If you would like to start a new thread to discuss your ideas about how people cannot handle knowledge, the evolution of mythologies, and/or the devolving role of women in society, I would be interested. Please u2u me with the URL.

However, this thread is called Decoding the I Ching, and is based on the following premise:

Leaving aside the fractal work already completed by McKenna and Sheviak, my goal here is to promote the creation of an animated graphic representation of that "clock-calendar."

Thank you for your contributions and support.

- sofi

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join