It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange phenomena I observered in Oslo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Living in Oslo I have several times witnessed a white flash in the sky over the city at night, after a couple of minutes you can often see a light moving from the area where the "flash" went off. I have not mentioned this here earlier but I have often suspected it to be a wormhole or someting like that right over our city. Now the newspapers here are writing about mysterious booms over the city night after night over an area called Mysen in Oslo, strangely enough this is excactly where the light seem to appear. It might be nothing, but I thought I would share it anyhow
A online newspaper (Smaalenenes Avis) had a vote and 48% of the people thought the explotions was caused by aliens! The exploitions are so powerfull that the houses are shaken. Military airplanes have been ruled out.

Link to norwegian article here for those norwegian members:

www.vg.no...

[edit on 29-9-2006 by Acharya]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow that's cool, I'm living in Norway too, but on the wrong side

I really hope it's something real strange making those booms!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. Try to take a picture or videotape it sometime

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the post.
Can you describe the flash in more detail?
How about the light that comes afterwards?

(Speed, color, direction, size, dynamics, etc.)

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hey couldnt the northen lights have somthing to do with it , it frequently happens around there all the time , no?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Aurora Borealis doesn't do flashes, just the beautifull twingling twilight shimers and colorfull lightshow you probably seen on tele and in photographs a million times.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Its always just a white flash at the same location every time, only seen it at night. A white light burst really, lasts for about a second. After a couple of minutes a less brught white light speeds out of the same spot in the sky, you only see it move for a couple of seconds then it fades out but you can still see it moving in the direction it was going. Seen it a bunch of times.

As mentioned in another thread I have bought me a new video camera with an ir filer, when I was testing it out today I saw a black dot (UFO?) moving upwards in the sky, I only captured a couple of seconds on tape sadly as it was really difficult to find it in the viewfinder of the camera, you can see it after the airplane has passed by in this tape here:

www.youtube.com...

The object moved straight upwards until I could not see it anymore, unlike any bird I have seen. The object moved towards the same spot that the bright flashes are seen over Oslo, so its all abit strange really. Coincidense? The tape is green as I was filming in nightshot mode with an IR filter attached to the camcorder.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I can't link your video... are u sure about the link?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Nice video Acharya, keep us updated!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill

I can't link your video... are u sure about the link?

The video works for me...

Looks weird, but it is behind some clouds and hard to see. Could be another plane or a helicopter perhaps? I don't know...

Regarding the explosions from the initial post,
They say these bangs have happened three night in a row now. People organized themselves in groups who went out in the wilderness to try find a possible explaination for the phenomena. These were not "UFO-hunters" but people who were mad about waking up in the middle of the night because of the explosions...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Another boom last night at 18:40. And yes, people in the area are upset and have formed watch-groups to find the culprit. The police are clearly baffled. Link to norwegian article here:

www.vg.no...

[edit on 30-9-2006 by Acharya]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
Another boom last night at 18:40. And yes, people in the area are upset and have formed watch-groups to find the culprit.

And you're one of those that can hear these?
If so, would you describe it? I hear it could make the walls shake?
I remember we once had a thunderstorm that made the whole house shake because of the booms, the flowers actually fell down from the windows...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
No, I live to far away to hear the booms.

new topics

top topics

join