It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Practices Urban War Inside U.S.A.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'd like to make you aware of a miitary excersize to be carried out on U.S. soil that might have implications beyond the War on Terror.

Text"PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. – North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command along with U.S. Pacific Command, the Department of Homeland Security as well as local, state and other federal responders will exercise their response abilities against a variety of potential threats during Exercise Vigilant Shield ‘08, a Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff-designated, North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM)-sponsored, and U.S. Joint Forces Command-supported Department of Defense exercise for homeland defense and defense support of civil authorities missions."

The article goes on to state that we'll actually be seeing a series of linked excersizes take place in October.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

Contrast that to the Quebec Summit, and the SQ and local police forces just barely held a perimeter. The reserves -if not the Van Doos- should have been called out to aid police. Multiple times the security fences were breached.

DE

i notice you failed to mention the undercover members of the police force who were agent provocateurs, and tried to provoke violence, so the police would have an excuse to start brutalising the peaceful protestors.

www.youtube.com...

the police even HAD to admit it.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles

give our boys and girls a little credit for having more brains than a box of hammers.also lets remember, times like this its imperative we keep in office those who support the 2nd amendment.

without the 2nd we need to fear the govt.

with the 2nd the govt needs to fear us...

I concur, having served 6 myself I can tell you right now that setting up training facilities for urban warfare isn't about Urban Americans having 32nd Airborne storm troopers busting in my house during sienfeld and busting my chops looking for my cash of weapons and ammo. It is more likely train our troops to better engage an enemy that's been getting the best of us in places like Falujah Or Bagdad etc.

I mean it's pretty academic to me.

Then again,, I've never had my Art Bellian bi-polar induced paranoia published.

- Love Con

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Given the way in which the terrorism thing has been mis-handled, I have no doubts at all that we've got hostile forces on our soil. I recognize the need to combat them. I also recognize that our leaders may be tempted to mis-use that "urban option."

Training for overseas combat environments is not wrong, and it makes sense to do it on military reservations. Becuase we live in a world where our own leaders no longer expect us to be brave and observant, we do need to question these things when they happen. We should be aware of their potential for abuse.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pugachev
Always entertaining to log on the abovetopsecret.com forums. I especially enjoy humorous threads like this one where people predict how the evil american government will establish martial law and absolute power to the wealthy jewish families.

Don't sugarcoat it beechnut, give us your usual Jrefian sanctimonious monosyllabic diatribe.

You finally got board posting arguments to yourself with the two identities you have on JREF? I love how you just CRUSH your other self,, ya know the one you always use to impersonate twoofers.

- Love Con

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have heard it said that good citizenship is hard. It can often mean that we remain vigilient in periods of calm, while questioning things that we'd rather leave alone. I have no problems with opposing points of view, because they can sometimes be correct. When we refuse to listen to dissent, we miss out on the chance to be enlightened.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

And one does assume by your tone that you can chalk up all protest idiocy to the police? Yes, those officers were in the wrong. Then again, the SQ is used to playing hardball. Those security fences didn't come down because of police action, it's because PROTESTERS chose to take up violent means.

Now that I think about it, this doesn't seem any different than a buy-bust. You get offered a choice: buy drugs, or do not. Pay the undercover officer for sex, or do not. Heave that rock, or do not. It is YOUR choice that dictates the results. You have free will, do you not?

'The cops encouraged me to to do it' is not an excuse for wanton violence and vandalism now, is it?

DE

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So, how much of that free will should we focus on the matter of American troops training for possible combat in U.S. urban centers?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
Given the way in which the terrorism thing has been mis-handled, I have no doubts at all that we've got hostile forces on our soil. I recognize the need to combat them. I also recognize that our leaders may be tempted to mis-use that "urban option."

Training for overseas combat environments is not wrong, and it makes sense to do it on military reservations. Because we live in a world where our own leaders no longer expect us to be brave and observant, we do need to question these things when they happen. We should be aware of their potential for abuse.

Don't get me wrong, I too am curiously aware of our Governments meddling in things that effect us as a whole. I guess I am somewhere in the middle or a very conservative truther. I don't buy that NIST Garbage for a min. As angry as I get at the christaphobes who think if you believe in intelligent design over evolution religious motives or scientific, you are castigated, hated etc. The same holds true with this argument. I was alive when JFK bought it and remember how insecure I felt because EVERYONE WAS CRYING and I mean EVERYONE.

I took one look at the zapruder film which I had not seen till I was in Boot camp (Like your Dad I too am a Vietnam Vet) and Like most of us in that class agreed the bullet came from the front JUST LIKE IT LOOKS IN THE FILM. I never bought the Magic Bullet theory and don't buy the WTC7 Falling the way they say it did. NO WAY NO HOW. I served in the Nucleus Fire Party on board the now decommissioned USS SARATOGA CV-60 Forrestal class carrier task force 6th fleet. I know what molten steel looks like I know how long it takes to melt it under what conditions whether its Jp5 Jp8 Jet fuel. I know what it's like to see flesh falling off your comrades body whether they are seen coming out of an all steel environment of a aircraft carrier or the basement of one of the tallest buildings in the world. I have read all the 10,000 odd pages of NIST and can agree with a strong caveat where they forced data to fit there theory in the simulation because that was the ONLY place it could have worked.

I make no aspersions to Muslims, CD or holograms but Building 7 will always be the open wound in my soul infected with doubt.

I have a theory of my own and it is practical, pragmatic with motive and opportunity. I have seen others that have posted my theory because they have had the same light go off in there heads.

I would LIKE to think our Government is above such involvement but the longer bush stay's in office the more of the prophetic areas of my theory confirm his complicity. I read such hogwash to sharp angle this kind of discussion such as "So you mean all the fireman all the cops that day were in on the big conspiracy" No they were not but I know three fireman that fought that day and after one that died who was a buddy of mine in the navy and ALL of em told me the day it happened "There's some weird # going on kilo (my navy handle) all the cops say it and even the bomb squad is asking wtf is going on"

The pull it bull-it is yet another one I saw on face value alone the very impression that is what he said "pull it" down and it came down. The friends of mine in the fire dept gave up on answering the questions I ask or anyone else. They just got to the point where no matter what they said they were called many expletives and no longer want to be bothered.

I can tell you what I know one said when I asked and this was well before it became such a heated issue. " Yeah quicksilver wanted them to pull it" when I asked was it pull out or pull it? " "well I don't know because he may have said BOTH I know we were asked to pull out all the civilians working in the area they had lots of nurses doctors all kinds of people wanting to help" "All I know is that he said pull it" and we got everyone out. Once that was affirmative the place came tumbling down"

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
So, how much of that free will should we focus on the matter of American troops training for possible combat in U.S. urban centers?

Probably as much as you'd put towards the increasing need for police to militarize. What's giving them the impetus to go all hardcore, heavy metal? Perhaps, Lord forbid, there may a need for American troops to fight on American soil. The southwest, perhaps? Who knows. I'm not an American, I'm just giving an outsider's point of view.

DE

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
reply to post by billybob

And one does assume by your tone that you can chalk up all protest idiocy to the police? Yes, those officers were in the wrong. Then again, the SQ is used to playing hardball. Those security fences didn't come down because of police action, it's because PROTESTERS chose to take up violent means.

Now that I think about it, this doesn't seem any different than a buy-bust. You get offered a choice: buy drugs, or do not. Pay the undercover officer for sex, or do not. Heave that rock, or do not. It is YOUR choice that dictates the results. You have free will, do you not?

'The cops encouraged me to to do it' is not an excuse for wanton violence and vandalism now, is it?

DE

you seem to miss the poignant point that the only one with a big rock in his hand was a policeman disguised as a radical violent protester. in a big protester/riot police situation, just one violent episode is enough to give the police the 'right' to start pepper spraying, lobbing tear gas, and banging heads with their batons.

it is not at all the same as a case of ENTRAPMENT as you have described.

any security fences that came down in quebec city were arguably caused by more police agent provocateurs, as it is OBVIOUS that the "strategy" of the quebec police DRONES was to disperse all protest by evoking FALSE FLAG violence.

nixon needed kent state, and sacrificed those four dead in ohio to quell further dissent from upstart "bleeding heart liberal lefties" at other campuses(because of the cambodia controversy). they murdered those kids on purpose as a political checkmate move. it worked.

there is nothing new under the sun. it seems only a very few have eyes that catch the full spectrum.

you're a cop, aren't you? right there, your fealty to your brothers in arms gives you a personal bias that automatically gives the benefit of the doubt to the boys in blue over the ("lefty")unwashed masses of useless eaters, eh?

no disrespect intended to you personally, but the badge is no longer an indicator of the morals and motivations of the wearer. when i read, "to serve and protect", all that i can think is, 'serve and protect what? not the inherent sense of right and wrong we are born with, obviously. not even laws carved in stone, if they happen to be broken by elite untouchables. just big bucks. to serve and protect the owners of the system'. and, coincidentally, that is what history illustrates.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Any chance we can get back on topic? Do you think we might see an urban "incident" in the near future? If so, how would they arrange it and what would they hope to gain?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join