It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Practices Urban War Inside U.S.A.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I remember an "invasion" of Oakland, California in 1999. The following are links to articles re that operation, Operation Urban Warrior.
article
globalsecurity

The second one mentions Hunter Warrior in 1997, but that was in 29 Palms in the desert I believe.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Please say it ain't so. Training to fight in cities! The 12 years that I spent in the military we only trained to fight in fields and forests. We would never have trained to fight in cities.

(SARCASM INTENDED)

[edit on 29-9-2006 by simtek 22]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
This will be the first time in American history that U.S. troops have practiced city fighting on their own turf.

Where in the article did you get that info?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is really nothing new. Don't you remember a handful of years back military exercises taking place in the middle of the night in smaller mid sized tows, much to the suprise of the public there. We even went as far as bringing in OH-6's and UH-60's for mock rooftop assults, rescues ect. I wish I could remember the source, but it escapes me. As I said, I believe this was going on in the late 90's and for sure in 2000, since I once participated in such a training mission.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You are correct desert. If i recall correctly, they also did it on Monterey in 99 when i lived there. As i recall the mayor of a texas town refused to allow them to do it in his town. And in another texas town, they shot a kid running from them. I will see if i can dig up the articles(and threads) on them also.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I should clarify my remarks.

Experiment Urban Resolve is the largest effort I have ever heard of that seeks to train U.S. troops to fight civilian-based insurencies. The scope andsclae reminds me of the operations suggested in "operation garden plot."

I see this as a deliberate escalation of potential. It's one thing to hold general maneuver0s or even force-on-force wargames. But...the simulations involved in this program are simply too much like what U.S. troops would have to do in the event that Federal gave the order.

I now think that the next U.S. President will sign in to law the necessary measures to allow Federal troops to bypass the Posse Comitatus. When this happens, the events I wrote about will most likely come to pass.

Source

A few weeks ago, I was approached to give a talk on the subject of militia preparedness. I may re-think it. As we speak and plan to use our votes, it may be wise to make alternative preparations. I want very muc hfor us to resolve our problems with ballot instead of bullets.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I agree with you Justin. I would love to see a ballot nowadays that isnt rigged. The electronic ones have been proven time and again to be faulty and screwed with. How can we trust a ballot like that. I sadly hope it doesnt come down to bullets in my lifetime. But i fear that may not be the case.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Always entertaining to log on the abovetopsecret.com forums. I especially enjoy humorous threads like this one where people predict how the evil american government will establish martial law and absolute power to the wealthy jewish families.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Looking at the States, I'm not sure what to think of this counter-insurgency training. I mean, if California rose up overnight to form a communist state, what about others? Wouldn't others succeed, and a whole chain of small, multi-sided wars begin occuring?

DE

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
In 1980 - 1985 I trained extensively in ALL of the Urban Warfare centers you have listed.

That was 21 years ago and we still have not taken the country side by force.

Must be a slow military move.

Training like this has been going on for YEARS. Only before it was mainly the Sepc-Ops and Spec-Forces. It is just now they are preparing the troops better for what we have been facing in Iraq.

I did it over 20 years ago, same old story, same old training. Just some new technology/methods.

Semper

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Maybe just maybe we will put the military on the border but to give them the right to protect themselves we will have to overturn the Posse Comitatus Act. When the military has secured our border and the proof comes out that Mexico is trying to invade our country as a hostile takeover we can brand them terrorist and us the military in the cities to get them out.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I've been following this issue for 25 years. Until recently, I have not been a believer. It's only been in the last decade that I've seen for myself the start of a long slow move in the direction of centralized power within the Federal government. When I did my homework, I was surprised to see that the trend went back much further.

The Shape of Things to Come

I am not now, nor have I been, easy to convince on this matter. As I write this, I am still skeptical. Just not overly so. Anyone who reads my work will see a very conservatie case being made with all of the credibility I can muster. Mine is probably one of the most conservative voices you will see here on this subject.

I would've convinced MYSELF that I was wrong, but the evidence seems to be to the contrary. I'm looking forward to my next book, and it may very well have material contributed by ATS members who know my earlier work. This is not something I'd be doing on a whim. I'm just calling it like I see it.

I'd be just thrilled to be wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Looking at the States, I'm not sure what to think of this counter-insurgency training. I mean, if California rose up overnight to form a communist state, what about others? Wouldn't others succeed, and a whole chain of small, multi-sided wars begin occuring?

DE

Counter insurgency training?

Ever thought that it might just be preparing troops for urban combat in other countries?

They've trained ALOT in the city I live 5+ years ago (the base is deserted now, its the Swedish military, nuff said): I've had a freakin heavy machingun set up and fire from my garden!

As a teenager I just thought it was the coolest thing ever

Just months ago they had wargames in Stockholm.

There still hasnt been an insurgency in Sweden, despite the fact a single peasant with a pitchfork and throwable potatoes could take on and with 90 to 95% likelyhood defeat the entire Swedish Army.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Slightly OT here..

I've grown up seeing my country's armed forces practise FIBUA (MOUT for Americans) in old disused housing estates. I wonder about you guys, but here, our guys are required to clear a 20 storey block of flats of the enemy unit by unit.

And let's put it in perspective, the average height of a government built flat, which litter 85% of Singapore, is currently 25th storeys. The highest one would be 50 storeys.

I wouldn't read too much into the things that are happening right now, but I could perfectly understand why you guys feel jittery about it.. after all , the Posse Comitatus has been the defining guideline for deployment of domestic forces to quell unrest for the major part of the 20th Century.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The New World Order is using Iraq as a training ground for US troops to practice urban warfare skills. They will put those skills to use, in the US when the insurgency starts in this country.

I guess they are just getting more blatent about thier intentions.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
...But i beleive these school murders are being perpetrated by brainwashed homeless people (or transients) whom the government have gotten a hold of and brainwashed and programmed into committing such crimes. Programs as these exist. It would be very simple to do. This would further the terror within the USA, and the NWO.

But back to the subject, I guess taking the fight abroad so we dont have to fight here has changed?

These are nothing but "practices" for the comming Police State, which btw, will be in place no later than summer, 2007.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
... I guess taking the fight abroad so we dont have to fight here has changed?

They attempted to outsource the war, hoping that the insurgency wouldn't take hold on US soil. Now they are realizing that they will have to fight the terrorists here in American cities.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Do it right. Close the borders- send back all the criminals.

they wont. They WANT to bring the fight here- look around you. Pretty soon you will see tanks cruising the streets and dont wonder then how we got to this point.

Its been comming all along. Nobody can say then they didnt see it comming.

How did we become what we are?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
...But i beleive these school murders are being perpetrated by brainwashed homeless people (or transients) whom the government have gotten a hold of and brainwashed and programmed into committing such crimes. Programs as these exist. It would be very simple to do. This would further the terror within the USA, and the NWO.

But back to the subject, I guess taking the fight abroad so we dont have to fight here has changed?

These are nothing but "practices" for the comming Police State, which btw, will be in place no later than summer, 2007.

There's just one huge problem. You know, the millions of firearm owners that wouldn't be happy one bit with a police state. We'll make the Iraqi insurgency look like childs play. With that said, if they can't beat a untrained force in Iraq, how the hell could they take over a country where an average midwestern will drop you at 400 yds with a 30-06? They can't and won't be able to. Not to mention the fact that there'd be widespread desertions the very first day considering the average soldier will be POed since this would be happening to their family as well. Now that makes a messy situation 10x messier.

I mentioned this in another thread, I believe the Army knows they'd be desertions, which is why I believe we're seeing Mercs/PMC's used in Iraq more an more. As I said in this other post, that's why I also think Blackwater was brought in to NOLA. Which as far as I'm concerned is or should be illegal. But that's the loophole in the Insurrection Act, and Posse Comitatus, Soldiers for Hire don't count. To me that's the biggest threat we'll face as far as a facist takeover is concerned. Despite what alot of people think on here, the average soldier is just like you and I, and would resist like you and I. As I said, people can say alot of things, but if you're called in to forceably disarm someone, using lethal force on U.S. streets, within seconds you'll realize the same thing is happening in your neighborhood. To your wife, your parents, your kids.

I hate the thought of ever pointing a weapon in anger at a human being again. But should mercs show up in my neck of the woods, I won't hesitate, not for one second. Mercs as far as I'm concerned are the lowest lifeform on the planet and would be treated accordingly. If they thought what happened in Fallujah on that bridge was bad, they haven't seen anything yet.

Mercs=Scum=Your taxes pay them=Get off your butts, get motivated, and start huge letter campaigns to every politician you can think of asking for them to put forward legislation banning the use of Mercs/PMC's, and outlawing any Corporate Military Force from ever standing on our soil. It may not work, but at least y'all will be able to say, I tried to do more to prevent this, than just whining on the internet.

PS-I'm not calling anyone whiners, just couldn't think of a better term at the time.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm not surprised they are practicing. The world is a highly populated place. War doesn't happen just out in open fields. It happens everywhere. If they weren't practicing like this, then it would be a mistake on their part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join