It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAMBLA - North American Man/Boy Love Association

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yeah, you read that right.

The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) is a U.S.-based organization that advocates the abolition of age of consent laws. NAMBLA is often accused of fronting an informal network that promotes the sexual exploitation of children. It denies this charge, and further, claims that not all sex between adults and minors is exploitative and thus deserving of criminalization.

en.wikipedia.org...

This apparently is a legal organization that works as a support group for adults who have fantasies about young children. Their purpose is the abolition of consent laws, are you serious?

Their defense?

They are on a mission to defend the rights of minors to explore their sexuality.

This is where I continue to bang my head against the wall.

Has anyone heard of this program before? I would hope that nobody actually knows a member, or would openly admit they are a member because this is wrong on so many levels.

I have to admit that I of just heard of this program and am currently in the process of reading up on it. An organization like this should be exposed for what it really is, and as little publicity you would want to offer them I believe it to be necessary in order to abolish an organization like this.

It is bad enough that our society today has individuals like this, let alone support groups to help one another. The first ammendment protects them under the freedom of speech, so their discussions unfortunately remain legal.

What are your thoughts on the existence of such a program?

[edit on 28-9-2006 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
NAMBLA - North American association of Marlon Brando Look Alikes

That was a funny South Park. But in all seriousness....NAMBLA is bad IMO. They even give homosexuals a bad rep.....as if they didn't have enough trouble becoming tolerated. Throw in NAMBLA and it gives the right wingers something to focus on.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
NAMBLA is real?!?!?!

I always thought that was just a joke!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Has anyone heard of this program before?

What are your thoughts on the existence of such a program?

Yeah, heard of it before. I think it's great. Easy enough to identify targets for practice. Firearms that is.

Can you tell I have a problem with child abuse?

Guess that comes from being a parent.

Edit: Well said Griff, homosexual does not equate to pedophile.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Intrepid you can always take a bad thing and figure out an optimistic way to view it.

I like that optimism.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yes, I'm afraid NAMBLA is real. Furthermore, a number of years ago, they used to meet in the central San Francisco Library in one of its rooms. When the library administration found out what they were about (I guess they only used the initials NAMBLA) they didn't rent them a room any more.

Your tax dollars at work.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The organization is 30 years old. I've heard of them for many years.

While I don't agree with them at all, I support their right to advocate what they want.

"NAMBLA does not engage in any activities that violate the law, nor do we advocate that anyone else should do so".

It a fine line between believing in or wanting something and doing that thing... But the line is clear. This organization believes that men and boys should be free to have sex. They want the laws changed.

I disagree with them with every fiber of my being, but I support their right to want what they want and to speak about it and to try to get laws changed. I just hope they are never successful.

Now, I'm sure some are thinking that these people are pedophiles. You're probably right. And child molestation is already against the law. But wishing and wanting the law to be different and speaking about it ... isn't.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Now, I'm sure some are thinking that these people are pedophiles. You're probably right. And child molestation is already against the law. But wishing and wanting the law to be different and speaking about it ... isn't.

I agree.

But am concerned that the group may be a front - for sharing, info, photos etc.

I suppose they have been thoroughly investigated?

btw - what was the name of that film on Washington pedophiles that got suppressed?

Anyone remember?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes, I've heard about this organization to my mind they are a bunch of sick, twisted people. They really believe the garbage they spout if I remember correctly they had a slogan "sex before 8 or it's too late" , now how the heck is an 8 year old going to understand let alone consent to or want sex? Their desire to lower or eliminate the age of consent is merely a ploy to allow the legal explotation of children and avoid the just consequences of their actions.

BH I understand your support of thier right to believe anyway they want to and you make an excellent point wanting and doing are two different things. As long as they take no action beyond advocating their stand they are doing nothing illegal however morally repugnant I find them.

Intrepid I don't always agree with your stand, however on this one I couldn't possibly agree more. Target practice is good

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yes NAMBLA is real, and is IMO not actually doing what it says it does.

I dislike NAMBLA because It's my opinion there just a bunch of old men
who would exploit 5 year olds if they could.

That said, I support age of consent laws being lowered, with varying
levels of consent for different things at different ages.

I just thought I'd put what ages I think should have what consents,
just so people don't start thinking I advocatr se with 7 year olds.

8: Foreplay.
12: Sexual intercourse.

However, I think that the child should be tested to be syure they
understand what they're getting into, and it should always be consen-
tual with both parties.

[edit on 9/28/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Lowering the ages of consent would do what exactly?

Open the gate to millions of minors to beable to have sex with adults who are taking advantage of them. A very small population of this age bracket may of reached a sexual maturity to make a decision of this magnitude. Laws should not be changed to meet this small group, they need to be enforced to protect the majority who can be exploited without even knowing it.

BH, honestly one of the best posts I have ever come across on ATS. This group is probably one of the most horrific organizations I have ever heard of, and for a moment after reading your post I actually understood. It was not long lasting though.

If they are trying to advocate lowering the consent laws, I can respect that. Advocating sexual relations with the same gender, I can respect that. But advocating the exploitation of a minor, regardless of gender, is just wrong. This is not a homosexual attack, this is the protection of child rights.

Anyhoo, I think BH's post should be acknowledged because that was absolute brilliance.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah,Bill O'Reilly brought this disgraceful organization to the forefront about 4-5 years ago. I had never heard about it until I was wathing the O'Reilly Factor and he started talking about it. In my honest opinion, it's just a homosexual front group that tries to make homosexuality a relevant practice.

I think the organization should be banned and the members of it given jail sentences,personally. We are not even going to get into the fact that this group basically tries to legalize pedophilia...

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Speaker,

The problem is the organization itself does nothing illegal. Freedom of speech permits these monsters to gather and talk of their intentions. Of course the group itself does not advocate child molestation. But when every member does, how can you say your group is to represent something else?

Young children are not capable of making this decision. Ignoring this is a complete disregard for their well being and 100% exploitation.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
In my honest opinion, it's just a homosexual front group that tries to make homosexuality a relevant practice.

That's quite a reach. How have you determined that homosexuals are pedophiles?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I was wathing the O'Reilly Factor ...

I think the organization should be banned and the members of it given jail sentences,personally.

Hmmm... Putting people in jail for what they think? Interesting idea...

iori_komei, I tend to agree with you about the organization. They are probably a front for child molesters. And that's against the law. Oh, and although I disagree with you, I support you 100% to think and advocate the age of consent being lowered.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The ACLU thinks they have a right to free speech:

ACLU DEFENDS PEDOPHILE GROUP

A 10-year-old Massachusetts boy is raped, murdered and tossed in a river. Two men are convicted-both members of the North American Man-Boy Love Association (NAMBLA). The parents sue the group, claiming NAMBLA's Web site encouraged the crime. Now the American Civil Liberties Union has stepped in, defending NAMBLA's "right to free speech."

www.family.org...

I think it walks a very fine line between free speech and endorsing illegal behavior.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

That's quite a reach. How have you determined that homosexuals are pedophiles?

I am not associating homosexuality with pedophilia necessarily. I am defining NAMBLA as a homosexual front group though.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yep its real, however it is sick. They even have their own website

Love this Quote!!!!!

Freedom is indivisible. The liberation of children, women, boy-lovers, and homosexuals in general,
can occur only as complementary facets
of the same dream.
-- David Thorstad

Also if you want an insite into how sick these SOB's are read this story

Here is an excerpt.........

A few evenings later we filmed the boys from the school in their weekly bath session. On Wednesdays they stoke up the wood stove in their own little bath house behind the school until it's as hot as a Scandinavian sauna. Water boils on the fire, and other barrels of water stand cold around the wooden platform that's against one wall. The children frolic in there for an hour or more, soaping and rinsing each other until they shine. Then, hot and clean, they run naked out into the frozen night, rolling in the snow at an incredible temperature of 65° below. But apart from the sheer shock of seeing them cavorting bare in the snow, what fascinated me more was that they had washed each other. There's a kinship between all these people which binds them like family. They walk arm in arm, they cling to each other freely, they display their friendship without embarrassment.

Here is thread from the past about NAMBLA as well

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The ACLU thinks they have a right to free speech:

The ACLU,once upon a time, was a great organization;now it is trash,in my opinion.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I am not associating homosexuality with pedophilia necessarily. I am defining NAMBLA as a homosexual front group though.

Yeah, I really have to disagree, in general people who are categorised
as homosexual, don't really like even being associated in the slightest
way with NAMBLA.

[edit on 9/28/2006 by iori_komei]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join