It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time machine exposed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hey guys Im not sure if this is supposed to be posted here. But I would assume since it was NASA it would be a government project.... I was listening to C2Cam last night and a couple of callers stated that there was a video on YouTube that NASA had made a time machine, had pictures of dinosaurs from 300,000,000 years ago, a mothership with the US flag on the side and the Earth had 3 moons. I really want to see this video. can anyone please post up a link?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think that the video you are referring to is part of the billy meier hoax.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Time travel machines do not, and never will exist, this is how I know...

Assuming it would take technology thousands or millions of years ahead of our time to create a time machine, someone from millions of years in the future would have travelled back to our present time or our past already and have left some kind of evidence. Given the infinite amount of future time available to us, mathematically you could argue that an infinite # of time travellers should exist assuming time travel is possible.

No evidence of any time travelers = time travel impossible.

Except of course for relativistic time travel into the future (one way only)

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I believe this is what you are looking for. Although I believe this is just another one of Billy Meier's hoaxes as Crakeur pointed out.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You gotta be kidding me..

Those pictures are so dark, so hard to see, they could have easily been doctered..

Until I myself am able to travel through time, I won't believe this

It's rediculous

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
just a thought, but isnt it impossible to travel through time? i mean how are you supposed to go and visit sumthing that hasent happened yet. the whole idea seems daft.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Time travel machines do not, and never will exist, this is how I know...

Assuming it would take technology thousands or millions of years ahead of our time to create a time machine, someone from millions of years in the future would have travelled back to our present time or our past already and have left some kind of evidence. Given the infinite amount of future time available to us, mathematically you could argue that an infinite # of time travellers should exist assuming time travel is possible.

No evidence of any time travelers = time travel impossible.

Except of course for relativistic time travel into the future (one way only)

The flaw in this thought is...

first you're assuming the amount of time it would take to "aquire" the technology... you know what happens when you assume...

How do you know that there are not time travellers here with us right now? You don't know, just as I don't know for sure that there are not.

So to say that time travel machines do not, nor never will exist is just a wrong statement to make.... sorry

[edit on 28-9-2006 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

first you're assuming the amount of time it would take to "aquire" the technology... you know what happens when you assume...

Assumptions are absolutely critical to the scientific method. Without assumptions, no hypothoses or theories could be postulated or tested.

How do you know that there are not time travellers here with us right now? You don't know, just as I don't know for sure that there are not.

I conceed, I dont know there are none here. Its my belief/opinion only.
To sway my opinion I'd ask to see some evidence of the possibility of time travel.
So far I've seen none.

So to say that time travel machines do not, nor never will exist is just a wrong statement to make.... sorry

Its neither incorrect or correct until proven. Its simply a statement of my position

I appreciate your comments.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by elevatedone]

[edit on 9/28/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The theory that is expresses by many scientists is that a person or machine can only travel as long as a person is born or to the point of there death the same thing with tech you can only travel to the point where the technology exists any further back and you stop to exist
Those are the limitations but its all theory

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't get how you could travel back in time. Surely if some event has physically happened you can't travel back in time and make it happen again? That would require everything that was there including dead life forms to come back to life and be in the situation again. Once something's dead, it stays dead. Time is just a line drawn out by man to measure history and future events, not a physical thing that you can rewind and skip like a video player. Correct me if i'm wrong, because i'm no physics professor or anything.

I also agree with the theory that time travellers would have come back by now and given us the technology or know-how to make a time machine, so in theory we should have always had time machines. Or something.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

I also agree with the theory that time travellers would have come back by now and given us the technology or know-how to make a time machine, so in theory we should have always had time machines. Or something.

i don't agree even if there are time travellers, they would'nt just give us time travel teechnology, imagine what would happen if i right now went back to they year lets say 500 BC and gave the romans the technology to build a nuclear bomb, a computer, and a sattelite, and the technology of time travel, i come back to where i came from, and everything would've changed, why because if w have had computers for 1000's of years, by now we would've been colonizing alpha centauri and beyond, hell if we had nuclear technology for 1000's of years we might have wiped the earth of the map! so naw i don't think so....

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by INc2006

Originally posted by malganis

i don't agree even if there are time travellers, they would'nt just give us time travel teechnology, imagine what would happen if i right now went back to they year lets say 500 BC and gave the romans the technology to build a nuclear bomb, a computer, and a sattelite, and the technology of time travel, i come back to where i came from, and everything would've changed, why because if w have had computers for 1000's of years, by now we would've been colonizing alpha centauri and beyond, hell if we had nuclear technology for 1000's of years we might have wiped the earth of the map! so naw i don't think so....

My original point was not neccesarily that time travellers would have given us the technology, but that if time is infinite, infinte numbers of time travellers would be travelleing all over the frickin place, and there would be evidence left behind. No matter how careful they are/were some of them would have screwed up and left behind a 2012 Sports Almanac or something!

[edit on 9/28/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just assuming for a moment if this video's claims are all true and there are people out there travelling across the galaxy and supposedly back and through time, what gives them the right? They could be changing the timeline of importence, due causing great consequences! If the shadowy government has made contact with extraterrestrials for such technology they chose not to share it all with the world because it would cause a global full scale world war III with all sorts of conflicts. IT would jeapardize national security and everyone on earth would be critizising them like ravens standing on a tree with wide eyes on them. They cannot trust the public by giving us what we all want, the truth.

"You Can't Handle The Truth!"

So assuming the government chooses to not interfere with our walk through technology, until we reach the point where they can disclose such great information to us. Until the proper time and much safer time is available for transition.

If that is true. Ladies and gentlemen of this generation and hundreds of generations ahead, dont expect to get the truth unless it is exposed.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Hey guys Im not sure if this is supposed to be posted here. But I would assume since it was NASA it would be a government project.... I was listening to C2Cam last night and a couple of callers stated that there was a video on YouTube that NASA had made a time machine, had pictures of dinosaurs from 300,000,000 years ago, a mothership with the US flag on the side and the Earth had 3 moons. I really want to see this video. can anyone please post up a link?

Complete hoax.

We can tell, for instance, from the tidal patterns on the sedimentary rock that was formed at the time that there was only one moon... and we know the length of its period. (here's an article in a science magazine that talks about scientists looking at daily tide patterns in microsection on rocks: www.space.com... )

The "huge spaceships around Mars that we haven't heard about... given that even amateur astronomers can see the tiny Martian moonlets Demios and Phobos (they were discovered in the 1800's), every amateur astronomer on planet Earth should have easily spotted and photographed a spaceship that was 11 miles high (bigger than Phobos library.thinkquest.org... )

The "dinosaurs" are bad fakes (I volunteer at a museum as a fossil preparator -- I'm cleaning up fossil bones of dinosaurs so I know a bit about dino anatomy.) The "pterosaur" (bird) is particularly badly done... its leg joints are rubbery and bend like a rubber model. There's no bone there, only badly done sculpture.

Same with the "plant eater." It's really a dreadful fake that gets by because it's such a bad photo. The "head of some creature rashing throuh the bushes" again shows badly done anatomy and a head that was modeled (badly) from some of the 1950's exhibits.

The "plant turning into insect" is ... well, it's stupid beyond belief. Animal life evolved from eukaryote cells (like amoebas) and not prokaryote cells (plant cells.) Plant cells are very different in structure and function from animal cells.

Life rose in the seas and there were a number of well-developed animals long before any plant rose from the oceans and came to land.
www.nps.gov...

I could go on, but I think you get the picture. It's hoaxing, and very lame hoaxing at that.

Here's something on the oldest rocks we can see conveniently : www.geo.msu.edu...

join