It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US supply line Hit in iraq!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Syrian Sister, you ARE a freedom fighter, but you are fighting AGAINST it, as if you don't want it. You also have a selective mindset, meaning you only see the bad, and don't even acknowledge the good.

Since we have been in Iraq we have been giving gifts to Iraqi children on a daily basis. Why? Because the extremists are brainwashing their children with HATE, and they even use them as human shields, and brainwash them to actually fire guns at us. They are putting their own children in danger. They have even blown up a group of children while they were receiving gifts from the US troops.

If you have uneducated children being told by their extremists parents that "the US troops just want to kill us because they hate us", of course they are going hate us back and throw rocks, and shoot guns at us. They don't know any better... They are unaware of what is really going on... so they just listen and believe everything they are told. The only way to prevent that is to give them gifts and show them that we aren't there to harm, we are there to straighten out your unlawful country, that was controlled by extremists, and make your country a safe place so that any person from any country can just walk around peacefully without getting killed.

Since we have been in Iraq we have renovated and opened many hospitals. Some of the military hospitals have treated the Iraqi people for FREE. Woman, and children would show up in massive amounts and see a doctor, only to find out they have WORMS from drinking dirty water. They are dehydrated from avoiding the dirty water. They also don't eat enough so they suffer from malnutrition. What the hell kind of place are you extremists trying to protect?? A poor country??

Since we have been in Iraq we have built and renovated 100+ schools. I have seen pictures of some of the schools before the renovation. They called them "mud schools" because the walls, floors, desks, bathrooms, and water were all covered in dirt and mud because they were not properly funded. Your government just did not know what the hell it was doing. Saddam was keeping all the oil money for himself, and his weak military. We changed that, we cleaned the schools, painted the schools, and built water purification systems. We also took Saddam out of power, and seized his oil money. The money and oil is being watched by the UN, and many countries NOT just America. As soon as Iraq is free from extremists, your government will have full control of the oil money. But for right now, the oil money is mostly being held, and lightly being used to rebuild, because we are not about to let the money get into the wrong hands, and used against us. We have to be sure its safe first..

To think we don't care for the civilians is absolutely ludicrous. We have been spending millions of dollars in developing non-lethal weapons. Even more millions of dollars on new lethal weapon technology that is more accurate, as to cause less collateral damage. We have been making and training and using new tactics to minimize civilian casualties. We have been doing an EXCELENT JOB, considering that you extremists actually use children as human shields. You hide among the civilians like cowards, and then expect them to not get harmed? Get a clue people.

The US Military has the strength and courage to go straight into their face and fight them in their own backyard. Yet they are cowards and stay indoors, hide among their family, behind their children. Want to know why we are still there? Why do we put ourselves in harms way? BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO SHOOT AT US, WE WANT YOU TO TRY TO KILL US. WHEN YOU DO, THAT MEANS YOU ARE AN ENEMY, AND WE WILL FIND YOU, HUNT YOU DOWN, AND KILL YOU. One less enemy to worry about coming to the USA and killing us.

No matter what you do, no matter what you say, the USA is going to make Iraq a peaceful place. Anyone who tries to stop that with their guns is welcome to come forward and try. It makes the process of cleaning out the unlawful ones, much more quick.

As for the video....

For all we know, the attackers just stopped a truck load of supplies that were headed towards the rebuilding process of a new hospital or school. Supplies that could have helped the people of Iraq. Supplies for Iraq's new military, or police force, that will help keep the streets of Iraq safe. Not so glorious when you think of it like that huh? Yeah its so glorious, they just prevented a new school for Iraqi children from being completed on schedule. Or they just prevented a hospital from receiving much needed supplies and medication to treat injured civilians and children. Or they just prevented their police force from getting its much needed supplies to help keep crime down in Iraq. Now innocent Iraqi people will continue to get robbed by the Iraqi criminals. That's so glorious.. (sarcasm)

Now look at it in military perspective.... the position of this attack is now a point of interest. It was probably marked on a map, and later swept by the US military. THANKS! Shoot at us all you want, it gives away your position.

Most convoys have orders to NEVER stop. The words "BAIT" and "SITTING DUCK" come to mind. Disable one guy, use him as bait, and wait for his help to arrive, then when they do, attack them again while they are sitting ducks. So as a tactic, they don't stop and turn around, they just keep going and call for support and wait for it to arrive. When support arrives, they clear the area before they help the sitting duck.

Someone said they just left him to die, well they didn't. The guy you hear talking is alive. US troops came back and saved him. The truckers know what they are doing, they are risking their lives. They are not only risking their lives for the USA, they are risking their lives for the future of a peaceful Iraq.

Peace in the middle east. Is a common saying. Some day it will be real because of the US military and its allies.

The more they fight, the longer we stay. Some reason the idiot freedom fighters think the opposite. We will not run away, we will only attack stronger...

USA casualtys in Iraq = 2712

USA casualtys in vietnam = 58209

Our military has grown much much stronger and bigger since vietnam. Iraq hasn't even seen the beginning of our power.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearHead
If they care so much about civilians, how come they left three American civilians to be slaughtered?

Its not the question why they didn't save them, its the question of how do you react to something like that. Do you stop and fight back? Or do you get the hell out of the ambush zone, regroup fight back or wait for reinforcements and go back in? When being ambushed, you try to get the hell out for you don't know the size of the enemy force and what type of weapons they be carrying. Unless you are equipped to fight off the ambush, you just be wasting more lives and not getting anywhere, and pretty much have insurgents filming their victory of killing a large number of American troops in one big battle.

But remember, that don't mean soldiers don't care. Its how they see fit meaning that the advantage has shifted on your side. Heres a story I like to show...

www4.army.mil...

CAMP LIBERTY, Iraq (Army News Service, June 16, 2005) – The first female Soldier since World War II was awarded a Silver Star in Iraq June 16, and seven other members of her National Guard military police company received citations for valor after helping turn the tide of a convoy ambush earlier this spring.

Sgt. Leigh Ann Hester received the Silver Star, the Army's third highest award for valor, in a morning ceremony at Camp Liberty, Iraq. Staff Sgt. Timothy Nein and Spc. Jason Mike also received Silver Stars at the ceremony.

Three other members of the same squad received a Bronze Star with valor device: Spc. Casey Cooper, Spc. William Haynes II and Spc. Ashley Pullen. Sgt. Dustin Morris and Spc. Jesse Ordunez received an Army Commendation Medal with valor device. All are members of the Kentucky National Guard's 617th Military Police Company.

The Soldiers thwarted an insurgent attack against a coalition convoy March 20. The convoy of 26 supply vehicles was ambushed by about 40 insurgents southeast of Baghdad.

The 45-minute firefight left 27 insurgents dead, six wounded, and one captured. Three of the 617th Soldiers were wounded.

The MPs also confiscated a sizable weapons cache, including 22 AK-47 machine guns, 13 RPK rifles, six rocket-propelled grenade launchers, 16 RPG rockets, and about 40 hand grenades.

MPs shadow 18-wheelers

The firefight took place the morning of March 20, as the squad of Kentucky MPs were shadowing a convoy on a supply route southeast of Baghdad.

Twenty-six supply vehicles, many of which were 18-wheelers, were heading south on the heavily traveled route. They were driving one behind the other like ducks in a row, with a security convoy of three gun trucks interlaced between – one up front, one in the middle, one in the rear.

Trailing the convoy and not far out of sight were the 617th MPs in three armored Humvees.

Each Humvee contained a trio of Soldiers, each laden with weapons and gear, except for the trail vehicle, which also carried a medic. Gunners stood ready in the turrets with .50-caliber machine guns and Mark-19 grenade launchers.

The vehicle commanders, drivers and medic kept their eyes peeled and weapons at the ready just in case something out of the ordinary happened. That morning, something did.

Armored Humvees along with weapons and other equipment that would help them in such a firefight.

Ambush kicks up dust

"We observed the convoy we were trailing starting to make erratic movements," said Staff Sgt. Timothy F. Nein, leader, second squad.

"We saw a lot of dust being kicked up by the convoy vehicles, as if they were being engaged by an (improvised explosive device) or an ambush, so we knew something was wrong.

"My gunner said he could hear shots being fired, so we picked up the pace," Nein said.

"We moved to contact," Nein said. "We got the vehicles on the contact side, in between the convoy and the insurgents. As we got up on that side of the road, we realized through previous reconnaissance of the area that there was a road that paralleled the field going south."

MPs flank insurgents

The squad then proceeded down the main road and took a right onto the side road to flank the insurgents. "At that time," Nein said, "We noticed seven vehicles the insurgents had staged and ready.

"Doors open, trunks open; ready for a quick escape. Once we turned down that road, the insurgents didn't have a choice but to stay and fight. We had just cut off their escape route."

As soon as the squad rolled into the fray, the insurgents adjusted fire.

"As we came on the scene, the insurgents' fire all shifted," said Nein. "They realized who they needed to fire on.

"They quickly shifted all fire from the transportation convoy to us. As soon as we cut back to get in between the convoy and the insurgents, the windshield of my driver (Sgt. Dustin T. Morris) took two direct hits. The bullets failed to defeat the armored glass," Nein said.

Flanking the insurgents, that gives the U.S. side the advantage, instead of being in the ambush zone.

Humvee armor helps MPs

Atop the same truck was .50-cal. gunner Spc. Casey M. Cooper. He said when they turned down the side road, massive gunfire was coming their way.

Rounds from small arms came toward them and impacted the rear door and its window, which yet again failed to penetrate the Humvee's armor. What happened next shocked and stunned Cooper.

"I just saw something coming at me, and fast. It just so happened to be a (rocket propelled grenade)," he said.

The round impacted right above the rear passenger door, right below where Cooper was positioned in the turret.

"It knocked me out – completely unconscious," he said.

Kudos to the 617th MP Company unit.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If they care so much about civilians, how come they left three American civilians to be slaughtered?

a better question , well two . :

1 - do you have any evidence they were " left to die " -- they could have died in the first hail of fire / IED blast

the first salvo of any ambush is generally the most deadly

2 - and the real duzy , how the fook did wheeler survive for 40 minuites , as claime - " alone , unarmed and under fire " ???

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Ive said this already. The guy you hear talking on the video is ALIVE. They showed this video on the news recently, and they interviewed the guy that took the video. He was shot twice but is still alive. He was saved by the US military. He waited there for his support, and it came.

Three KBR truck drivers were killed that day. They are Keven Dagit, 42 (in truck 3), of Jefferson, Iowa; Christopher Lem, 40, (in truck 1) of Lyndon Station, Wisconsin; and Sascha Grenner-Case (in truck 4) of Sierra Vista, Arizona. Preston Wheeler, who lives in Arkansas, was shot and barely survived. Two other drivers, including Terry Steward (in truck 2) of Idaho, were also injured.

3 people survived. The ones that died were not saveable.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN

Ive said this already. The guy you hear talking on the video is ALIVE. They showed this video on the news recently, and they interviewed the guy that took the video. He was shot twice but is still alive. He was saved by the US military. He waited there for his support, and it came.

Yeah, it came 45 freaking minutes later! After three American civilians had been shot point blank, and plummeted with rocks. Why couldn't the soldiers have waited with the truck drivers, just as Wheeler did?
I still can't being to understand how this guy survived so long. It would have made more sense to me, that those soldiers had stayed, and tried to get the drivers out, even if that meant leaving the trucks behind.

This just makes me think how many more things like this are going on, or went on, and we just don't know about.

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

a better question , well two . :

1 - do you have any evidence they were " left to die " -- they could have died in the first hail of fire / IED blast

the first salvo of any ambush is generally the most deadly

2 - and the real duzy , how the fook did wheeler survive for 40 minuites , as claime - " alone , unarmed and under fire " ???

1)No, if you watch the video, the drivers were executioned point blank in front of Wheeler's eyes.

2) #, that got me wondering too. I just don't understand, seems to me like he got lucky, and his prayers to god were answered. But he did survive alone, the military just left as soon as the trucks were disable.

Question...Did you actually watch the video, or you're just assuming things here. Go watch the video (if you haven't) and we'll talk.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by NuclearHead]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
NuclearHead it is obvious to me that you have never been in combat. WAR IS HELL. Things happen that you can not control. They happen so fast, you don't have much time to think up a plan and execute. Things go wrong, they call that SNAFU. The video you see is a SNAFU.

Situation Normal All F***ed Up

I'm 100% sure the soldiers wish they could have turned around and saved these people, but sometimes you just can't. On an ambush like this one, you can't just stop and shoot everyone dead. It doesn't work like that. You need to know where they are, how many there is, and how well they are armed. There is many factors you have to add up. You can't just run in when its possible they have RPG's at the ready, and IED's on the road side, you will just get yourself killed. They need to find cover, then assess the situation, then make a plan, and execute. You have to kill the threat before you rescue the hostage.

2 things are obvious in this video.

1: they had orders to NOT stop. You have to follow orders.
2: they were not in a good position to attack, nor rescue.

This is a fine example of being in the SUCK.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

But he did survive alone

No he did not. He survived along with 2 other people. 3 in total died, and 3 survived.

Get your facts straight.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Delta, damn nice post man!!! Way to shed light on what really happend. They where not left to die, the MP's saved them from certain death. Amazing work MP's!

Private contractors should not rely entirely on us military.. they need to arm their truckers and train them to fight, not to mention armor their trucks!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

1)No, if you watch the video, the drivers were executioned point blank in front of Wheeler's eyes.

really -- can you actually point to the exact time stamp , i can hear wheeler whining " they shot him " -- but that is just talk -- at the risk of seeming morbid , i want to see it on the vid , as you calim it can be seen

2) #, that got me wondering too. I just don't understand, seems to me like he got lucky, and his prayers to god were answered. But he did survive alone, the military just left as soon as the trucks were disable.

sorry but 40 minuites of " being shot at " is more than luck -- esp when he claims that the others were executed " right in front of him " at " point blank range "

again , which part of DO NOT STOP in the kill zone do you not understand

deltaboy posted an excelent summary of how they deal with ambush situtations -- and use shawowing forces to provide " abush breaker " and rescue units -- did you not read his post , or was he wasting his time ????????

Question...Did you actually watch the video, or you're just assuming things here. Go watch the video (if you haven't) and we'll talk.

of course i watched the dammed video - i gave my opoinions on it on page 3 of this thread -- read the entire thread , then we will talk

[edit on 1-10-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

USA casualtys in Iraq = 2712

USA casualtys in vietnam = 58209

Our military has grown much much stronger and bigger since vietnam. Iraq hasn't even seen the beginning of our power.

I don't what kind of bs they're pumping you Navy guys with but the US military strength (numbers) is at lowest since before WW2. I retired from Air Force active duty in '03 and I watched the military troops strength shrink from 1.9 million in 1986 to 1.3 million currently. The USAF alone plans on cutting 40,000 more personnel this upcoming fiscal year. I don't know about the other services but I'm sure they're cutting personnel as well. The US has far less equipment(ship, planes other fighting vehicles) than it's had since before WW2. Every administration has actually cut military strength from Reagan on. The current administration has spent more in doling out sweetheart contracts to Haliburton than its spent on arming our own military forces in the field. Our military might have a slight capability edge over Vietnam-era forces but there's no way it could go toe-to-toe right now against the former Warsaw pact strength. The North Vietnamese was receiving supplies and training from both Red China and the former USSR and were a true military force. The terrorist are basically a bunch of criminal gangsters like the Brownshirt Nazi's were they came to power in Germany in the early 1930's. They are being funded by petrodollars from Saudi Arabia and Iran. Their supplies are Cold War military surplus. IMHO Sailor, you are one of the many misinformed young people who has bought into the false patriotic propaganda used to sell this war. It's all about the money, oil money, of which you're not going to get any.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

But he did survive alone

No he did not. He survived along with 2 other people. 3 in total died, and 3 survived.

Get your facts straight.

I said ALONE not ALONG. Alone as in:
1. separate, apart, or isolated from others: I want to be alone.
2. to the exclusion of all others or all else: One cannot live by bread alone.
3. unique; unequaled; unexcelled: He is alone among his peers in devotion to duty.
–adverb
4. solitarily; solely: She prefers to live alone.
5. only; exclusively.
6. without aid or help: The baby let go of the side of the crib and stood alone.
—Idioms

Ger your language straight.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
it's sad to see people actually support this mockery of war, things will change soon.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar

WTF are you talking about?

You get away with posting your unsavoury undercover white supremacist BS all the bloody time!

Oh thats bull.... I attempt to expose the double standard and sometimes do so without having the "white guilt" crap force fed down my throat.

I would never do anything to harm another human being because they werent white...

I do not consider anyone of any race inferior....

I offer well presented arguments on why there is such a racial taboo on whites...why there is a double standard.... Why should whites have to remain silenced of injustices done to them for something they had no part in, only their ancestors?

Why can a balck guy scream obscenities and racial slurs at whites and we have to not be offended?

I believe in TRUE equality....where there is no guilt trip....Where employment and education opportunities are granted based on merit and not "affirmative action".

I dislike living in a lop sided world and calling it "equality" when it is clearly not equality.....

No one should be excused or be accused because of what happened to their ancestors or what their ancestors did.

Are we truly living in a society where sins of the father are passed down? I thought we had moved beyond this but the more I look at the current situation the more I see this.

I want a society with no exemptions and no guilt along racial lines....

We cant fix the past....but we sure as hell can fix the future....but those who wont let go of the past will never move forward. see my point?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by Daystar

WTF are you talking about?

You get away with posting your unsavoury undercover white supremacist BS all the bloody time!

Oh thats bull.... I attempt to expose the double standard and sometimes do so without having the "white guilt" crap force fed down my throat.

I would never do anything to harm another human being because they werent white...

I do not consider anyone of any race inferior....

I offer well presented arguments on why there is such a racial taboo on whites...why there is a double standard.... Why should whites have to remain silenced of injustices done to them for something they had no part in, only their ancestors?

Why can a balck guy scream obscenities and racial slurs at whites and we have to not be offended?

I believe in TRUE equality....where there is no guilt trip....Where employment and education opportunities are granted based on merit and not "affirmative action".

I dislike living in a lop sided world and calling it "equality" when it is clearly not equality.....

No one should be excused or be accused because of what happened to their ancestors or what their ancestors did.

Are we truly living in a society where sins of the father are passed down? I thought we had moved beyond this but the more I look at the current situation the more I see this.

I want a society with no exemptions and no guilt along racial lines....

We cant fix the past....but we sure as hell can fix the future....but those who wont let go of the past will never move forward. see my point?

here's a thought.

if racist does not exist in your mind then it does not exist in your world period, think for your self, if you let it get to you then it exists for you, just let it go alltogether.

it's good that you don't see any difference between races that means it does not exist for you therefor don't let the views of others affect your perception, this is the formula for peace.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is one snapshot period.

Just because one moment in time a person can write an infamatory thread about something.

You know what bad things happen in Syria, but you are not allowed to tape it. You will disappear.

To call US soldiers cowards is lame. You want to call some of my family member cowards then bring it on orignal poster. You obvliously do not

Cowards hide there face as a combatant. Cowards hide with the civilan population.

Cowards live in Syria and do not care about the regime in their own country, but complain about people in others.

My country has problems, but look in the mirror first.

Syria supports an illegal military oragization called hezbollah. (as per the UN)

The coward Syrian Army couldn't even hold the golan heights.

Syria occupied much of Lebanon for many years. They are an occupying country.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I was under the impression that most of our cargo moved by air now, because the roads weren't safe enough...

Is this not the case?

Last I heard, that was one of the main problems we were facing over there, an inability to deliver critical supplies on time, due to a shortage of usable transport space. What space there is on the planes is required for ammo, medical supplies, water, and so on - so a lot of spare parts were getting left behind out of necessity, and as a result, a lot of broken things weren't getting fixed.

Does anyone remember this being in the news a while back?

Back when it came out, we were seeing fewer attacks than we are now. Surely the situation hasn't gotten much better? Anyone got any info on this?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

But he did survive alone

Get your facts straight.

I said ALONE not ALONG. Alone as in:
1. I want to be alone.
2. to the exclusion of all others or all else: One cannot live by bread alone.
3. unique; unequaled; unexcelled: He is alone among his peers in devotion to duty.
–adverb
4. solitarily; solely: She prefers to live alone.
5. only; exclusively.
6. without aid or help: The baby let go of the side of the crib and stood alone.
—Idioms

Ger your language straight.

Um, go back to school for reading comprehension....

You said he survived alone, you know, separate, apart, or isolated from others..

...and I said he survived, along with 2 other people.

ALONG:

–preposition

1. through, on, beside, over, or parallel to the length or direction of; from one end to the other of: to walk along a highway; to run a border along a shelf.
2. during; in the course of: Somewhere along the way I lost my hat.
3. in conformity or accordance with: I plan to revise the article along the lines suggested.

–adverb

4. by the length; lengthwise; parallel to or in a line with the length or direction: He ran along beside me.
5. with a progressive motion; onward: The police ordered the line to move along.
6. (of time) some way on: along toward evening.
7. in company; in agreement (usually fol. by with): I'll go along with you. He planned the project along with his associates.
8. as a companion; with one: She took her brother along.
9. from one person or place to another: The order was passed along from the general to the captain and from the captain to a private.
10. at or to an advanced place or state: Work on the new ship is quite far along.
11. as an accompanying item; on hand: Bring along your umbrella.
12. along of, Chiefly Southern U.S. and British Dialect. a. owing to; because of: We weren't invited, along of your rudeness.
b. in company with: You come along of me to the store.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Movie wont work, cant watch it. Need another link.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbob

Cowards hide there face as a combatant. Cowards hide with the civilan population.

Cowards live in Syria and do not care about the regime in their own country, but complain about people in others.

It would go against everything i stand for if i were to combat in a war, i would be a coward if i were to fight in a war because a true coward compromises his integrity.

Yes i would rather be killed then join the army if that makes me a coward then im all for it, let's all be cowards so we can have peace.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What the geneva conventions actually says is that, a resistance movement has to bare arms openly, and wear some sort of visible insignia. The resistance satisfies both of these conditions.

So, please enlighten us as to what fixed insignia, recognisable from a distance, that the "freedom fighters" wear? And do car bombs count as baring arms openly?

Furthermore, the geneva conventions states explicity that the merchant marine is a legitimate target no matter what clothes they where.

My problem was with your belief that the resistance somehow meet the requirements of the Geneva Conventions, not whether supply lines are legitimate targets. But hey, if you want to harp on this point, go ahead. It's all you have really.

Have you even read the geneva conventions willard?

Now that's funny. A person who has no concept of the application of the conventions is asking me whether I've read them. Ok, yep, I've read them. I've helped to develop ROE based on them. I've applied them when making decisions about whether a target meets the various needs required by the conventions to be a legitimate military target. Something the resistance obviously has no concept of judging by their continued efforts to blow up innocent non-combatants in market-places and mosques.

I would thank you to remember, that they are tresspassing on peoples homes and city streets, destroying their country and acting like it's their right to do so. Stress is always what you americans blame their criminal behaviour, they raped a 14 yr old girl inorder to "distress" , are we nothing more than stress balls to you? well not everyone will take that kind of treatement sitting down.

I'm not an American. Nice biased assumption though. And speaking of criminal behaviour, you didn't address my points about the fact that crimes such as the raping and killing of civilians, and the treatment at Abu Graihb, have been investigated, with the perpetrators prosecuted. How many "freedom fighters" have been charged with breaking the law for the numerous crimes they have commited, both against Coalition forces, and more importantly civilians (again, seeing as the conventions are something you seem to have skimmed and cherry picked, targeting non-combatants is not permitted, prisoners cannot be exploited for political or military gain (and definitely can't be beheaded on the internet), and protected infrastructure (such as religious sites) can't be targeted unless the adversary causes them to lose their protected status (being used by the religious faction you dislike is not cause for loss of protected status)). So, on the balance of things, the bad eggs in the occupying forces are being prosecuted, while yours are lauded. Nice irony.

As for your comments about the resistance, it's obvious that despite your propoganda, the people in iraq and around the world love them. in the midst of warfare it is the losing party that must innitiate a surrender perhaps with the wave of a white flag, otherwise how will the enemy know it's safe to approach.

Uh huh. That's why a whole stack of Iraqi's voted in elections. That's why Zarqawi, Saddam, and a bunch of other insurgents got betrayed by common Iraqi people. Yeah, I'd love a group that regularly suicide bombs the places I shop and pray too.

White flags indicate that you want to negotiate, not surrender. You can negotiate a surrender, the flag however does not mean that you surrender. Another example of you not having a clue what you are talking about. And maybe people are a little antsy about surrendering considering the internet of videos of what "freedom fighter" do to prisoners.

I too wish for a Free and peaceful iraq, and the only way to be free is to rid iraq of occupation so that the people can have self determination without US influence and controll. It's funny when you talk about freedom, because you obviously have no meaning as to what it is. The more you stay in Iraq, the more you will die, it's as simple as that, the people won't grow to love you, nor do they appretiate your murderous ways. It's up to you as to wether you want to go out walking or leave in a body bag.

Here's a fast track to peace in Iraq. "Freedom Fighters" stop blowing stuff up. People feel safer. The Iraqi Government (as voted by the people of Iraq) can then focus on getting their security forces up to scratch. The US leaves. There, wasn't so hard, was it? And don't preach freedom to me. Freedom is the ability of an Iraqi citizen to walk down the street in Baghdad and not run the risk that their "freedom fighters" are going to free them by blowing them up.

Don't take the moral high ground here, referencing rules of war which insurgents clearly don't follow, understand, or care about. And thanks for the threat about me leaving in a body bag. Your pitiful attempt to sound tough really doesn't scare me in the least, compounded by the fact that I think you've probably never seen the butt end of an AK-47 in your life. Insurgents want to fight Coalition Forces? Sure, I have no problem with that. But your targeting of civilians, and lack of application of any form of human decency let alone the Geneva Conventions when it comes to treatment of prisoners and those who do not agree with you, should be abhorrent to any decent person, whether they support the war in Iraq or not.

There are plenty of other websites out there where 14 year old wannabes will back slap your hate filled posts. Maybe you should consider signing up to those rather than wasting the bandwith here on ATS?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join