It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US supply line Hit in iraq!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Before i begin this post i would just like to say, Anyone who says civilian this civilian that about truck drivers has no understanding of warfare. Under the geneva conventions it clearly states that the merchant marine is equivelant to an enemy soldier, and hence supply lines are completely legitimate targets.

www.halliburtonwatch.org...

Halliburton ambush in Iraq caught on video
21 Sept., 2006

WASHINGTON, Sept. 21 (HalliburtonWatch.org) -- HalliburtonWatch has obtained the first video of an ambush against a Halliburton convoy in Iraq that resulted in the deaths of three truckers who worked for the company's KBR subsidiary.

Watch the video by clicking this link. (Video is available only in RealPlayer version 10.)

The video, shot on Sept. 20, 2005 by KBR truck driver Preston Wheeler, shows what initially appears to be a routine convoy of sixteen-wheeler trucks delivering supplies to U.S. troops.

But the convoy enters tiny Iraqi towns along the highway and children begin throwing rocks at the trucks.

KBR's drivers are heard on the radio communicating with each other:

"KBR just took two rocks [on the] right side, no glass broke," one driver reported.

"It's raining rocks," another driver exclaims.

How many children throwing rocks will it take for the occupiers and their countries to understand that they are not wanted? How many more people have to die, before you tell your governments you will no longer belive there lies??

Wheeler, the trucker videotaping the ride, hits a power line above the road. "I took out some of their power lines," he says for the camera. "It'll give them something to fix, won't it?" he asks.

Animals.

"We made a wrong turn. Our military took us the wrong way," Wheeler tells his camera. A soldier is heard on the radio saying, "My map is evidently wrong." So, the convoy was forced to turn-around and head back through the same town that greeted the convoy with "raining rocks" only a few minutes earlier. "We're going back through hell," Wheeler laments. He nervously comments on the danger that awaits him and his fellow truckers by saying, "This is gonna be one good video right here, boy ... it's gonna be good."

After the convoy began retracing its route to find the correct road, Wheeler's ominous prediction of imminent danger was proven correct by erupting gunfire and exploding bombs, proving resistance fighters prepared for the convoy's return through the town.

Suddenly, a bomb explodes and a bullet hole is seen in Wheeler's windshield. "God damn, IED on the left side!" he reports to the military on the radio, referring to improvised explosive devices (IEDs) that have claimed hundreds of American lives. Small arms fire is heard again. "Jesus Christ!" Wheeler cries. "Help us all, Lord!"

At this point, like the cowards that we all knew they where, the american soldiers leave the merchant marine truck drivers to die.

One of the truckers on the radio can be heard saying, "I'm hit, I'm hit!"

Moments later, Wheeler calls for help because enemy fire has forced his truck to stall. In fact, the entire convoy is stalled and taking pot-shots by the resistance. An IED has caused a truck to overturn ahead of Wheeler's truck. "I am down!" Wheeler screams into the radio. Small arms fire continues. "Truck Five cannot move!" he says. "Please help me! I'm taking fire!"

As the military fails to offer aid, he angrily screams into the radio for help: "I'm fixing to get killed, God dammit! I cannot move! Truck Five cannot move! Copy? I am getting shot! Someone get their ass back here now, please!"

Other drivers in the crippled convoy can be heard on the radio imploring the military for help and screaming "Gun truck! Gun truck! Gun truck!" But the gun truck fails to arrive.

As small arms fire intensifies against the truck ahead, Wheeler witnesses the killing of a fellow driver ahead of him. He screams into the radio, "They just killed him! Oh Jesus! Oh, my God!"

The video ends.

This was yet another glorious victory for the resistance and the iraqi people, and yet another show of cowardice and incompetance coming from the enemy. In wars throughout history, supply lines are a legitimate target, if they had all surrendered peacefully, perhaps things may have been different. This scum chose to die for the corrporate machine, and so be it.

watch the video here www.halliburtonwatch.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Under the geneva conventions it clearly states that the merchant marine is equivelant to an enemy soldier, and hence supply lines are completely legitimate targets.

The Geneva Convention also stipulates that combatments must wear uniform that clearly identify themselves as member of an armed force. Guess the rules work both ways huh? Or not as the case is...

How many children throwing rocks will it take for the occupiers and their countries to understand that they are not wanted? How many more people have to die, before you tell your governments you will no longer belive there lies??

Considering it is your friends who have a prediliction for blowing themselves up in market places and mosques (targeting civilians, again a no no under the conventions as civilians not engaged in combat activities are afforded protection, but guess we should just skip the whole law thing seeing as the US seems to be the only side prosecuting their soldiers when they break these rules) you better ask them that question. As for children throwing rocks, I've got some nice pictures with kids who were more than happy to see us. But then, their opinions probably don't count right?

Animals.

Wow. Before we start calling a guy who is being shot at an animal for a high stress comment, let's consider our friendly "freedom fighters" who have a prediliction for decapitation, usually posted on the internet. In contravention of the convention regarding treatment of prisoners, exploiting captured personell, as well as a few different international laws. Oh yes, Abu Graihb. Some US personnel serving time for that now. How many of your freedom fighters have suffered the same fate?

At this point, like the cowards that we all knew they where, the american soldiers leave the merchant marine truck drivers to die.

They're civilian contractors, not merchant marine. If you're going to crap on about this, at have the courtesy to understand what you are talking about. And you expose you're total lack of understanding of basic convoy tactics. If you break down, and the rest of the convoy is still moving, then stiff s##t. Drop your video camera and get in truck six which managed to not drop the clutch and kept moving for crying out loud. If this sort of thing happens, the worst thing you can do is separate the convoy, and stop moving. Because then everyone is in the kill zone, not just one truck. And if we're talking cowards, how about some face to face fighting, rather than IEDs and suicide bombings. Oh, can't win that way, of course. But you're freedom fighters, so that makes it ok, doesn't it?

This was yet another glorious victory for the resistance and the iraqi people, and yet another show of cowardice and incompetance coming from the enemy. In wars throughout history, supply lines are a legitimate target, if they had all surrendered peacefully, perhaps things may have been different. This scum chose to die for the corrporate machine, and so be it.

Uh huh. A glorious victory. Geez, you're easily impressed, aren't you? A 500lb bomb on Zarqawi was a glorious victory, because it proves your opsec sucks, and you aren't safe. Put together a decent, within the rules, military victory, then we might start discussing glorious. Killing your own people, and ambushing a truck convoy (by the way, where was the military necessity, as required in the conventions? Could you clearly identify that it was supporting immediate combat operations? Please let me know how your targeting policy works. Targeting policy? You don't have lawyers who have to approve targets, or ROE that governs your engagement methods? Oh, my bad. Sorry.) really don't count in my books as a "glorious victory".

Also, if you can point out where your "brave" freedom fighters offered the drivers a chance to surrender as per your quote, that would be great, cause I must have missed the correctly uniformed military person, identifying immediate military necessity, and assessing proportionality and collateral risks, doing so. "But the US has done bad things". Yep, and those people are being prosecuted. So please don't use that as an excuse. When we see some of your freedom fighters being brought to trial for the atrocities that they have done, then we can talk.

You know, I've recently become pissed at the reasons for the invasion, and some of the actions of those in uniform, all of whom deserve to rot in jail for a long time if the charges against them are proved. I wish we had never gone into Iraq. We did, and nothing can change that. But it is a##hole posts such as yours that steel my resolve that we shouldn't leave until we have a peaceful Iraq. Whether that takes five years, or 50 years. Congratulations, I hope you and your "freedom fighting" mates get hunted down like the scared, cowardly, pathetic excuses for human beings that you are, and those who want a genuinely peaceful and free Iraq get their wish.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Syrian Sister, I dont agree with the invasion of Iraq but may I ask where were the freedom fighters during Saddams reign of terror. He was in power a long time yet there seems to have been no effective action to take him out, why not.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I tell you what, that would be one of the most terrifying positions to be in..

Are they going to take you alive.. make a mockery of you, then behead you?
Are a volley of bullets going just erupt through the side door?

Youve got no gun... and the insurgents are realising ... you poor truckers are stuck.. inside these little cabs... obviously lacking in arms, being your not taking a chance and fleeing.

Your realising that they are realising this...

In a way.. those truckers are symbolic of this INTERNATIONAL COALITION.

Being they dont belong there
They are now STUCK there
At the mercy of angry people

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thank,s syrian sister for bringing this to my attention, im amazed that we are just throwing supplies and lives away because Haliburtun wants to be the wal-mart of security yet they charge over $30.00 per meal? there was no follow up guns that i could make out in that vidio? makes you wonder!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You couldn't pay me enough! Those truckers working for Halliburon are getting SCRUED!

3 out of the 5 on that one convoy go down... how many go down I wonder?
What are they hauling?
And one more question...
WHY DIDN'T THAT GUY HAVE A GUN?!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well, according to this site, they are quite well paid.
$125000 a year/ +risk of course.

source

According to a Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR-subsidiary of Halliburton) subcrontractor working with a Lebanese company in Tikrit, the lowest paid KBR employee in Iraq is a truckdriver. This position starts at $125,000 per year. Not including administration, the pay continues up the scale upwards to $250,000 per year for other jobs working for KBR.

But I would never work there.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by valkeryie]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Cowards? Yeah right. If the US would to choose so, it could annihilate the middle east entirely with no problem. Difference is, we care for civlians non like this moron Syrian Sister and her facist friends in Iraq.

Hey, I got a better website for you. Its www.thereligionofpeace.com
[edit on 9/28/06 by pugachev]

[edit on 9/28/06 by pugachev]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Before i begin this post i would just like to say, Anyone who says civilian this civilian that about truck drivers has no understanding of warfare. Under the geneva conventions it clearly states that the merchant marine is equivelant to an enemy soldier, and hence supply lines are completely legitimate targets.

So your saying that you agree its ok for you to shoot at me right?
Your saying its ok for me (A civilain engineer working for the MERCHANT NAVY cough civilians cough ) to be shot and beheaded for delivering supplies to a country?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Original Comments removed...

I refuse to stoop to the level of some and argue about this any longer...

added:

God Bless the U.S.A. and may all of our soldiers be healthy and safe...

[edit on 28-9-2006 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Before i reply to you all, i would just like to update the situation.

The convoy went into the wrong part of town, in the video, all the people went out of their homes and stared at the convoy going past, some of the children throwing rocks, the people all knew something that the convoy didn't know, they had a bemused smile on their faces.

this being their home and their city, they knew the street was a dead end. they knew the convoy wouldn't be seeing the last of them.

on their way back, the streets where eerily empty, all the crowds had disappeared. The resistance had told them to stay back, they where going to start blowing things up. IED's pelt the convoys from al sides. The cowardly US troops run for their lives.

UPDATE:
After the resistance told them it was safe to come back you, on the news satelite images showed young boys kicking the and throwing rocks at the burnt trucks.

The people of Iraq hate the occuppiers with a passion, and it's understandable why.

willard856

The Geneva Convention also stipulates that combatments must wear uniform that clearly identify themselves as member of an armed force. Guess the rules work both ways huh? Or not as the case is..

What the geneva conventions actually says is that, a resistance movement has to bare arms openly, and wear some sort of visible insignia. The resistance satisfies both of these conditions. Furthermore, the geneva conventions states explicity that the merchant marine is a legitimate target no matter what clothes they where. Have you even read the geneva conventions willard?

Wow. Before we start calling a guy who is being shot at an animal for a high stress comment

I would thank you to remember, that they are tresspassing on peoples homes and city streets, destroying their country and acting like it's their right to do so. Stress is always what you americans blame their criminal behaviour, they raped a 14 yr old girl inorder to "distress" , are we nothing more than stress balls to you? well not everyone will take that kind of treatement sitting down.

As for your comments about the resistance, it's obvious that despite your propoganda, the people in iraq and around the world love them. in the midst of warfare it is the losing party that must innitiate a surrender perhaps with the wave of a white flag, otherwise how will the enemy know it's safe to approach.

I too wish for a Free and peaceful iraq, and the only way to be free is to rid iraq of occupation so that the people can have self determination without US influence and controll. It's funny when you talk about freedom, because you obviously have no meaning as to what it is. The more you stay in Iraq, the more you will die, it's as simple as that, the people won't grow to love you, nor do they appretiate your murderous ways. It's up to you as to wether you want to go out walking or leave in a body bag.

magic mushroom
there where various uprising against saddam, but it's really up to the iraqi people , a dictatorship is bad enough, but i think the invasion and occupation was the last straw that broke the camels back as they say. America is a thousand times worse than saddam.

agit8t
the most frightning thing would probably be knowing that you died for a useless cause, for a company that doesn't give a damn about you, and because of your greediness.

bgood
it's these fat capitalists and the corporations that is costing you your peoples lives, and george bush is just their puppet.

Techsnow
You better than your lord that they didn't have a gun, because then they would be classified as MERCINARIES instead of merchant marines, and they wouldn't be covered by the geneva conventions. Just take a look at what happened to the blackwater mercinaries, one day on a bridge in fallujah

pugachev
you care for civilians? LOL LOL !!!!!!! that's the funniest thing i ever heard.

devilwasp

So your saying that you agree its ok for you to shoot at me right?
Your saying its ok for me (A civilain engineer working for the MERCHANT NAVY cough civilians cough ) to be shot

Don't look at me, it's the geneva conventions that is saying it's alright. You are to be treated just as any other soldier, you are part of the military machine after all.

elevatedone

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
*Sigh* It's posts like these that really test how much one values their membership here on ATS, but I wont got there, not worth it. By the way Willard, congratulation man, you just got my last WATS.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Such a gleeful opening post.
How many fingers am I holding up? (hint, somewhere between 0 and 2)

Sometimes it makes me sad that we waste american lives for ingnorant ingrates.

I come close sometimes, to just wishing we would pull out for a while, and let the
sectarian violence take it's toll. We could go back in a clean up afterwards.
I guess some people really do prefer oppression over self determination.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
*Sigh* It's posts like these that really test how much one values their membership here on ATS, but I wont got there, not worth it. By the way Willard, congratulation man, you just got my last WATS.

Your right, how dare people post footage that makes the US look like the devil they are.
Gotta hate those HONEST people hey?
Id rather someone who can put up footage and express there view, rather than act like a 4th grader attempting to put down someone simply because they have NO better rebuttle to the opening thread.

This is great footage, because it shows the hatred america has created for themselves. Sure Iraq didnt like us prior to 03, but how can what we have done be labeled successful and righteous.. when childeren and simple villagers are brason enough to murder us in cold blood?

Obviously we ARENT doing what is right by the people, when the people are the ones attacking us.. AMERICA HAS FAILED.

Saying one party is committing warcrimes compared to another is absurd.
We are killing innocent civilians from high above with our weapons at disposal..
They are killing our men with the only means available.

If the USA had of followed proper peace laws, we wouldnt even BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I think the insurgency should target PRIMARILY the suppliers, the truck drivers, the K&B and Halliburton employee's..

These sick twisted animals both on the ground and in the corporate offices are MAKING MONEY of iraqi deaths.

I think they are lucky to of been shot and killed quickly..rather than taken alive, tortured and beheaded.
Because that SURELY would of had a more profound meaning on all the other employee's over there making $100,000 paycheques at the demise of Iraqis.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What a pathetic rant.. honestly.. so sad..

These guys getting shot at, the army fails to save a mans life, why the hell where they driving with no military guide? Why are they not armed? The hell with the driver that got killed Syrian Sister instead focusing on the fact that Wheeler was glad to take out a power line for his friend getting killed.. wow.. how do you come to that conculsion? That he is somehow sick.. an "animal" I think the man who shot the driver is an animal.. oh no hes a freedom fighter?! What freedom? The inocent women and children that are murdered in car bombs? THOUSANDS EVERY MONTH not by the US but by the "freedom fighters" you fail to understand warefare, and your attempt to make this a political argument is sad indeed.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm starting to feel like you a bit spacedout, lets just pull back, let the sectarian violence rule the land for about 6months to a year. The "freedom fighters" will beg for our help. I am almost at the poit to go for the make sand into glass option myself.
Vance

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Your right, how dare people post footage that makes the US look like the devil they are.
Gotta hate those HONEST people hey?

I'm not so much surprised with the footage of barbarians killing innocent people as I am with the commentary of the original post. Sure he/she can post it, but I can also call it out as the F'd up post that it is, honesty right?

[edit on 28-9-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Great, so challenge the material.
I mean after all, without that footage there is no post.

And really the conclusion of 'animals' is up for opinion.

Your obviously patriotic, and so your pretty blinded by the creature that your country has become.

Granted the animals that behead people deserve to be killed,
but we created these animals.
We created the situation in which they are thriving on.
Whe are effectivley killing more and more of them, which is driving them to kill more and more of us ?

America is murdering by CHOICE.
They are murdering because everything they had is either dead, destroyed or occupied.

Whos more barbaric?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
:sighs: I am getting so tired of people saying the US and Israel and other countries are not that strong because of the problems faced in Iraq or Lebanon, when in reality, all the countries can totally annhilate the Middle East and then steal the oil with no problem.

Believe it or not though, the Western people are horrified to hear when Iraqis are killed or innocent Middle Easterns are. Unlike the Middle Easterns who seem to cheer when Westerners are killed.

Posts like this really make me feel like the Middle East wants to be in a pit of unrest and the only thing that would stop it is dictators like Saddam. Yet I know not all people are like Syrian Sister. Not that I think the US is doing any good there, or is doing anything for the Iraqi people.

The best thing they could do is instate someone like Saddam who is friendly to the US.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
:sighs: I am getting so tired of people saying the US and Israel and other countries are not that strong because of the problems faced in Iraq or Lebanon, when in reality, all the countries can totally annhilate the Middle East and then steal the oil with no problem.

Dude its not that they arent strong enough, but they are unable.
They showed how strong they were when they marched in.. sheer numbers and force from the americans over powered them.

But you cant be strong in war, when you cant see the enemy.
The Israeli/lebanese and current iraqi war shows this.

So why would the enemy, decide to make it EASIER for you?
After all your blantantly bombing and murdering..
For them this isnt a war with rules.. If they lose the wont exist, everything they have will be destroyed, so they are willing to fight un-uniformed and unmarked if it means they have a chance at winning.

The only way for israel and the US to win in the way you imagine, is for them to just open up on every living thing.
As said every man/women/child could effectivley be holding a gun, or a mobile fone set for a bomb.

For america this means you are fighting the wrong war.
IF this was legitmate, and had just cause.. there would be an enemy to push back and defeat, thus achieving your goal.

not placing blame, but there is no way the usa can win this conflict.

that means they arent the strongest kid on the block in this case.

Seems to me prior to 03, Iraq was doing just fine. They wernt in a state of unrest at all.. we created this unrest and we are prolonging it indefinately.

And if this was happening in your cosy ohio suburb.. i could gaurantee you that the suburbanites would be cheering if you destroyed a supply line to the muslim occupiers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join