It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Savage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
We see ourselves as the highest lifeform on this planet, we have advanced greatly since times past, we can bring people back to life, we have traveled in space, we are capable of so much.

But for all this are we still savages wearing a think coat of civility that can be dropped at a moments notice. We are as violent today as we were when we lived in caves, infact we can kill and hurt like never before. So as lifeforms do we deserve to exist, are we as inteligent as we think we are, are we doomed to self destruction through greed, religion, power etc. Is death all we deserve, are we all really sinners who deserve no better, are we capable of moving to the next level or are we not worthy to do so.

Mod Edit: all CAP title

[edit on 28-9-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
you have put into words what i have felt for a long time...thanks brother

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_OVERLORD1
you have put into words what i have felt for a long time...thanks brother

I with you!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Yes it seems quite an interesting feat...we have the greatest capacity to love and to hate on the planet, and yet we seem to enjoy creating fear more than sowing love. Why is that I wonder?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Yes it seems quite an interesting feat...we have the greatest capacity to love and to hate on the planet, and yet we seem to enjoy creating fear more than sowing love. Why is that I wonder?

why you ask....read the works of thomas hobbes and his veiws on mankind and it will all make sense

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Savage? You hit it right on the head! In fact, most human beings are worse, roaming in packs and picking on those who are different.

I think The Matrix films described us humans pretty well, when that agent guy says that we are a virus, destroying everything we come into contact with.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I wonder what school some of you went to to get such brainwashing.

What you describe is no evolution going on ...we are not far removed from the animals so many of us look down upon.

I was watching two racoons in my back yard last night when I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning. They were eating some dry catfood from a bowl I keep for my cat. One Racoon appeared to be more dominant and growled and attacked the other when the other came to close to the food. Hmmmm!!! Love love love love ..love. Not much different from humans.

Same with the seagulls on the waterfront. Throw some chips down on the piers and watch them start fighting over the goodies..like women at a sale in a department store. Wildlife in its natural habitat. No evolution going on here folks.

Our smarts has put us in better cars ..better homes ..better clothes but underneath we are still wild animals. Step into any meatlocker on a Friday or Saturday night and watch wildlife in its natural habitat. Male and Female.

Animals mark out and protect territory..so do people.

Seems to me social structure...in different nations only determines slight variations on how we carry out our animalistic behaviors.

I have not read Thomas Hobbes but will have to book mark some sights under that name. For the name Thomas Hobbes my thanks to the poster for this information.

OK..have now marked some sights on Thomas Hobbes.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Magic--

I agree. Yet, knowing that, and seeing it, why do we Humans seem to not be able to overcome it? Is there some sort of preventive Primal Urge, some mental block, or, are we just collectively too stupid and/or ignorant to overcome it and move forward? If indeed there is, then waht is it, and what do we do about it?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ed Littlefox
Magic--

I agree. Yet, knowing that, and seeing it, why do we Humans seem to not be able to overcome it? Is there some sort of preventive Primal Urge, some mental block, or, are we just collectively too stupid and/or ignorant to overcome it and move forward? If indeed there is, then waht is it, and what do we do about it?

Obviously "we" humans dont do anything about it. I say this because even people with very high education levels carry on with this animalistic tyype behaviors. Thus meaning that even education is not a gaurantee of improved performance. THe change must come from another source than humans and human reasoning.

I say this because the ultimate reasoning and ultimate dogma in this type of "new and improved human with whiteners and brightners" according to public education levels is some variation of Karl Marx. We see what this did to humans historically.

Think it through carefully.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I wonder what humanity is like from the point of view of the earth. Perhaps from the view of the planet, we are like a bad virus. We drill into the planet, take out oil and burn it for our own needs.

We cut down trees, level fields and plant crops that wouldn't be there by themselves. How would we be viewed by the planet?

Perhaps, the earth is has it's own defense mechanism and it will use it against us. Heat up the whole planet, and how many will survive? Open up a hole in the ozone layer and fry those responsible. Melt the ice and flood them out of existance.

Is this all just a mechanism the earth is using to rid itself of us?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I wonder what humanity is like from the point of view of the earth. Perhaps from the view of the planet, we are like a bad virus. We drill into the planet, take out oil and burn it for our own needs.

We cut down trees, level fields and plant crops that wouldn't be there by themselves. How would we be viewed by the planet?

Perhaps, the earth is has it's own defense mechanism and it will use it against us. Heat up the whole planet, and how many will survive? Open up a hole in the ozone layer and fry those responsible. Melt the ice and flood them out of existance.

Is this all just a mechanism the earth is using to rid itself of us?

Wildbob 77,

You went to public school right???

Orangetom

top topics

join