It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Atta's passport actually survive?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Reason, the paper you saw flying about after the planes hit the buildings was not inside the planes themselves when they hit.

Those planes "shredded" thoroughly. I think they only big part of the planes that actually hit the ground after impact was parts of the engines.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
Reason, the paper you saw flying about after the planes hit the buildings was not inside the planes themselves when they hit.

Those planes "shredded" thoroughly. I think they only big part of the planes that actually hit the ground after impact was parts of the engines.

Not only the paper but everything else. Its almost MIRACULOUS that something so small was found amidst this mess.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Looking at that picture, it certainly seems unlikely. Possible, but very unlikely.

Which is more likely? That the govt. is lying, or that miraculously it survived and was found.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by rizla]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think it's even more interesting that his and only his luggage "magicaly" didn'y make it to the plane that day. Inside were airline uniforms and other things needed for a hijacking. But, wait a minute. He wouldn't even have access to checked luggage.

Now I'm confused.

From www.answers.com...

Because the flight from Portland to Boston had been delayed, his bags did not make it onto Flight 11. When later found by U.S. authorities, they contained airline uniforms, flight manuals, and a four-page document in Arabic, copies of which were also found with the terrorists of the other three planes. It contains a list of instructions, such as "make an oath to die and renew your intentions," "you should feel complete tranquility, because the time between you and your marriage in heaven is very short," "check your weapon before you leave and long before you leave. You must make your knife sharp and you must not discomfort your animal during the slaughter."

[edit on 28-9-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The 9/11 comission report also states that one of the hijackers of Flight 93 had his passport found in what was left of that wreckage..

The commission released pictures of hijackers' visas -- including the charred remains of Ziad Jarrah's visa, plucked from the wreckage of United Flight 93 near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

Link

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Which is more likely? That the govt. is lying, or that miraculously it survived and was found.

Well it might not be the government lying, but its hard to say seeing that no one knows who the person is that brought that passport forward. Could have been a Moving Company employee from New jersey for all we know.

Surprised in all this time the guy hasn't come forward and said , hey that was me who found it!
Pie

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I hate to start rumors but I swear I heard that it was found by a F.B.I. guy.
Again I can't remember where I heard this and I am searching right now.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If its blatantly unthinkable to anyone that a passport could survive, why would the 'real' plotters of 911 plant it?

I mean, does anyone think that bush, or whoever, really needs that passport? That without it, things would've been at all different?

I know thats not an arguement for how it survived, I find it incredible that it did/could/whatever. But how does it really work into any plot?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Its funny how the US government can pull a passport from that mess yet they cannot find WMD's in Iraq or Bin Laden

i guess its just a coincedance

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
The 9/11 comission report also states that one of the hijackers of Flight 93 had his passport found in what was left of that wreckage..

Another miraculous find. I always thought that was just a rumor. Something just doesn't sit right. 2 almost obliterated sites, obliterated planes and magically...these armor coated passports survive!

Pie

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

Not only the paper but everything else. Its almost MIRACULOUS that something so small was found amidst this mess.

It would be, if the passport were found after the collapse. But as someone pointed out earlier, it wasn't. Before the collapse Flight 11 debris looked like this (the caption on the link below says those guys are looking at a seat cushion).

www.pbase.com...

[edit on 29-9-2006 by ashmok]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashmok

www.pbase.com...

Still its like finding a needle in a haystack. Especially since the majority of people were in a panic. They found that passport but yet 5 years later they are just now finding peoples remains , bone fragments and body parts on rooftops here in NYC.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaNStill its like finding a needle in a haystack. Especially since the majority of people were in a panic.

Not quite as "like a needle in a haystack" as the first picture suggests. And I see few signs of panic in the second, in fact it shows people were paying attention to what was around them (if the caption is accurate).

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Just as a matter of interest it is worth bearing in mind that Saudi passports are bright green in colour and relatively easy to spot.

Picture

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Just as a matter of interest it is worth bearing in mind that Saudi passports are bright green in colour and relatively easy to spot.

Picture

Yes had Mohammed Atta been Saudi Arabian and not Egyptian that passport is highly visible. Egypts passports are black if Im not mistaken.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Yes had Mohammed Atta been Saudi Arabian and not Egyptian that passport is highly visible.

Indeed, but I think it is now agreed that it was not Atta's passport, it belonged to Satam al-Suqami who was a Saudi.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If its blatantly unthinkable to anyone that a passport could survive, why would the 'real' plotters of 911 plant it?

It was the first in a line of "evidence" needed to place blame. After the other "evidence" was found...then they didn't need it.

I mean, does anyone think that bush, or whoever, really needs that passport? That without it, things would've been at all different?

No, but it sure did help in the blame game.

I know thats not an arguement for how it survived, I find it incredible that it did/could/whatever. But how does it really work into any plot?

As I've stated previously, it's not that it could have survived...it's the shady way in which it was found.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Double post...sorry

[edit on 9/29/2006 by Griff]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashmok
It would be, if the passport were found after the collapse. But as someone pointed out earlier, it wasn't. Before the collapse Flight 11 debris looked like this (the caption on the link below says those guys are looking at a seat cushion).

www.pbase.com...

Thanks for the pic to clarify this. That still looks like alot of debris to be rustling around in. BTW, why would New Yorkers start to rummage through this stuff anyway? Obviously it was a bunch of papers from companies that got hit in the initial crash, so why start to rummage through this pile of junk?

BTW, I don't care if the passport had a NEON green light on it. It is still very suspect for someone to find a passport out of all that mess and think to themselves "jee...I bet this is something of interest...I think I'll give it to a police officer." I mean, for all he knew, that passport could have been a worker in the WTC that happened to have their passport in their office.

Too many questions for this early in the morning....I think I need some coffee.

BTW, that pic is from 2 blocks south of the South Tower. Can anyone confirm where the passport was found. If it was closer than 2 blocks, I would imagine the debris to be even more. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I agree, NO WAY could the passport could have lived.

Frankly I wouldn't be sure he had it on his person, Most people put stuff like that away.

Not sure he would have cared about the passport to put it any place.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join