It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Mulls Ban on Trans Fats in Eateries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

NEW YORK (AP) -- Three years after the city banned smoking in restaurants, health officials are talking about prohibiting something they say is almost as bad: artificial trans fatty acids.

The city health department unveiled a proposal Tuesday that would bar cooks at any of the city's 24,600 food service establishments from using ingredients that contain the artery-clogging substance, commonly listed on food labels as partially hydrogenated oil.

Artificial trans fats are found in some shortenings, margarine and frying oils and turn up in foods from pie crusts to french fries to doughnuts.

Am I overreacting if i stated that its none of the government's business what i eat???

This is real. Mulling it over translates into putting this through as a law.

What the...

hosted.ap.org...

[edit on 27-9-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You are right. I can't believe they are trying to dictate how people should eat here. Its getting out of hand. Whats next? What time and what position to have sex in? The government should take care of themselves and not worry about my weight or the amount of money Health Insurance companies pull in.

Pie

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, PIE,

Thanks for validating my reaction to this. Anyone who goes to a fast food place KNOWS what's in their food, they pay for this said food with money they earned and worked hard for. If someone wants to eat a dozen Krispy Kream doughnuts, they should be able to!!!
Its open season for "weird laws" lately and what are these laws for? Our health?

If i put something in my mouth, and swallow it, who am i harming? The environment? My neighbors? The Septic system?????

Dont tell me the government wants us to live longer or have an interest in our wellbeing

They'd eliminate 90% of us in a heartbeat if they could!!!

Propostrous.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I don't see the big problem with it, it only effects restaurants and
other food service places, it's not like there's food police going into
your home telling you what you can't eat.

I'm all for this measure, and I'd vote for it if it was put up to vote
where I live.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sorry, we already have a thread on this topic: politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add you comments to that thread.

Closed

top topics

join