It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessica Lynch condemns Pentagon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A US woman soldier who shot to fame after being taken prisoner during the Iraq war has accused the military of using her for propaganda purposes.
A video of US commandos carrying a badly injured Private Jessica Lynch from a Nasiriya hospital was released at the height of the conflict.

But the 20-year-old criticised the release of false information about her capture by Iraqi forces.

She also said there was no reason for her rescue to be filmed.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Well after the way the government used her I guess she's feeling a bit like an idiot and a phoney, good on her though to speak up about it (although I doubt she'll turn her medal over
). I guess she's served her purpose now though.

Here are some quotes:

"They used me as a way to symbolise all this stuff. It's wrong"

"I'm not about to take credit for something I didn't do," she said.

"I did not shoot - not a round, nothing. I went down praying to my knees - that's the last thing I remember."

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Props to hommie john for helping to end this debate between seeker and I.

Yes. Even Jessica herself is getting a bit annoyed with the whole #ing thing. The bull#. And now, her saviors all ending up dead........

I hope with her current revelation, that she has remebered her marksmanship training, and sleeps with one eye open now, because those filthy liars in the pentagon certainly dont take kindly to being made fools of..............

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well Skadi, I don't know if it was a debate, being I respect what you say to much to consider it that way
, but I do understand and see your point. The evidence of her "rape" may be conjecture or truth....who will 'really' ever know? Certainly not I.

In JL's position, I would probably do as she has and condemn the Pentagon....they are certainly 'twisting' and 'dressing' this case "above and beyond the call of duty".

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I just want to say I'm now really proud of Jessica Lynch. She in my eyes truly is a hero now.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I refer to it as a debate, seekerof, because i dont debate idiots, I just chew them new assholes
. Youre smart enough to be debated with.

Yes, this ultimately would be heroic. As I have mentioend many times, the more she confronts the system, the closer her safety or future come to extreme peril. For something like this, she might have a fatal accident, or some sort of anneurism caused be her.....capture. You know, something that was caused that didnt manifest till later, and kills her.....

This # happens all the time.

The reason i feel this hits close to home, I have seen manipulations and the like in the military. I knew a couple female soldiers bullied and coerced into making false allegations of sexual misconduct against certain male soldiers who the commanders or higher ups found to be annoying or inconvient. Ive seen false charges being made, people threatened to make them, and little could really be done about it. Thus, i figured this is what they did to her, when she was returned home, in her time in the hospital, they did everything they could, from suggestion to maybe even intimidation to keep her with the offical line they wanted to spew.

I wonder what is causing this to happen to her. Perhaps discovering that the people who rescued her are turning up dead....perhaps she is on to something as well.

I hope she uses some of that money they gave her and invests in some firearms and personal protective gear, and makes sure she sees a doctor alot. Or not.

Hopefully she can blow the whole lid on the whole thing before they successfully silence her.

Perhaps even blowing the lid will protect her in the long run, after all, if they try erasing her after she has shown the truth up........that certainly wouldnt look too good, now would it?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here's the crux of the issue surrounding Jessica L....besides the obvious military and government reasons.....

Will this change the current military philosophy of allowing women into combat situations? Please don't read into this....it had no hidden meaning nor agenda, just an overall thought.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Who can say, Seeker?

The women POWs who were captured and raped in the first gulf war didnt change the militarys policy on women in combat.

Women already are on the front lines,, just not in actual combat related jobs, tho often they find themselves in those positions where they do have to fight. With a conservative administration, they might even restrict more combat jobs from women, who knows?

Its a silly arguement. Women get raped and murdered right here in the US in front of thier own homes by the thousands every year. Why is combat somehow worse? At least they are trained and armed to give themselves a chance to defend themselves when on the front lines, and at least they are dying for some purpose, where as here they get raped and killed because some nerd has issues with his mother so has made himself a hobby of hunting down women and torturing and killing them cuz mommy didnt potty train him right.......

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
........PNAC crony capitalism adventure saga is taking our troops, male soldiers have as high a likelyhood of being raped POW's.
Where a phrase like " Men are for pleasure, women for babies" is uttered in several diff dialects, everyone better clench & roll.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I agree BT, and thank you both for not taking my question wrong...again, it was just a passing thought....thank you for the honest responses.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This reality is the most interesting development in the entire mini-saga of Jessica Lynch.

And unexpected.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A lot of interesting comments here.

But what about her taking the $1 Million for her tell all book?

Even though I know that Jessica is telling the truth and some of the left got to her in order to slag the white house I can't help but think that she is not really a 'nice girl n' all.'

I'm waitin for her to give the money back.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
We know that won't happen.

And what if the book becomes an expose of the actual truth, following 'memory recovery'? What a turn of events that will be. A publishing contract is not an agreement to lie for a corrupt administration....

This may yet be a storm in a teacup.

But as a Mr Miller said,

They got the money, hey
You know they got away
They headed down south and they're still running today
Singin' go on take the money and run
Go on take the money and run

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
A US woman soldier who shot to fame after being taken prisoner during the Iraq war has accused the military of using her for propaganda purposes.
A video of US commandos carrying a badly injured Private Jessica Lynch from a Nasiriya hospital was released at the height of the conflict.

But the 20-year-old criticised the release of false information about her capture by Iraqi forces.

She also said there was no reason for her rescue to be filmed.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Well after the way the government used her I guess she's feeling a bit like an idiot and a phoney, good on her though to speak up about it (although I doubt she'll turn her medal over
). I guess she's served her purpose now though.

Here are some quotes:

"They used me as a way to symbolise all this stuff. It's wrong"

"I'm not about to take credit for something I didn't do," she said.

"I did not shoot - not a round, nothing. I went down praying to my knees - that's the last thing I remember."

i dont like that last quote. what if we had more soldier do that? we'd be seriously #ed!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hahaha!
Good For Jessica. Well as usual I think that Ms Lynch well take a terrible turn for the worse in the coming future. Her admitting that all the images that the US goverment painted of her were infact false (now theres a shocker, the US goverment lying about something). I too am proud of her for allowing the people to see the truth.

Mark

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
A lot of interesting comments here.

But what about her taking the $1 Million for her tell all book?

Even though I know that Jessica is telling the truth and some of the left got to her in order to slag the white house I can't help but think that she is not really a 'nice girl n' all.'

I'm waitin for her to give the money back.

I AM ASTOUNDED THAT YOU WOULD SAY THIS. About the left getting to her and her not being a nice girl and all. For Christ' sake. She's a patriot. Took # wages. Did her job. Got #ed up but good. What was she supposed to do...come home and say, "I can't remember ANYTHING, don't give me a book deal, don't ask for my opinion." It's like a rape case in court where they question the victims history. What is your problem. I THINK you should be ashamed of these comments. I can't imagine you talking this way about a male prisoner of war who said it didn't go down exactly as they said. Where the HELL is your thanks to this soldier? I don't care if she just hauled sacks of food around. She did her job. GOT SCREWED (literally and figuratively). No DO NOT insult her in this way when she tries to tell her side of the story. That seems the ULTIMATE in unpatriotic. If you ask me. I guess you didn't ask. But I told you anyway.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
"Using Jessica Lynch"
Link:
www.worldnetdaily.com...

This article speaks loudly for what the Pentagon is doing........interesting read.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Ahah.. I've been telling my friends all along that the infamous Jessica Lynch story was blown out of proportion for it's propagandic benefit! The government/media is much to predictable.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Here's the crux of the issue surrounding Jessica L....besides the obvious military and government reasons.....

Will this change the current military philosophy of allowing women into combat situations? Please don't read into this....it had no hidden meaning nor agenda, just an overall thought.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Seekerof]

The truth is, after the Gulf War I realized that the issue of women being in combat was moot. Women ARE in combat irrespective of their MOS and by virtue of modern Air Assault warfare.
During Operation Desert Storm, when our units were stationed near Riyhad (before the push north), Saddam had a general idea of our locations (re: the 101st Airborne Division Aviation fleet and certain Air Force fighter units - King Fahd International Airport) He threw every SCUD missile he could at us. It was constant and the SCUDS were an equally opportunity destroyer.
After we moved up north into Iraq, Saddam could no longer interpret our positions, thus, by stealth we were much safer, out of the line of fire, as the "rear" used to be.

It's a brave new world, for sure. Did you all know that back when I was going through boot camp in '89, a friend sent me a newspaper clip reporting that Canada had established its first all-female combat unit? I wonder what happened with that? Anyone know?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I just want to say I'm now really proud of Jessica Lynch. She in my eyes truly is a hero now.

Well, I'll wait till she gives back her medal, and then gives the million to charity before I go that far.... She played along for a while....then decided to come clean...likely because she heard of her rescuers ending up dead, and she didn't want to feel guilty for more deaths.... Coming clean was the only way to resolve it...but I don't see her refusing the money or the medal...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh yeah... she is definately not wanting to take any credit... Seems kinda weird how she has a movie about her capture coming out... She is pissed that the gov tried to make something of her capture... Guess she don't mind making this movie and getting her some cheese.. =) Although she might be tired of the Gov blaa blaa, she is no hero to me. Honestly, if this was a guy who had been captured in Iraq, and rescued, do you think we would have been hearing about him? heck no... They would get him a snickers and a pack of Cigs and send him on home. I know where I live, which is a small NC town, we have had several people Die in this war. One was 19 and lived down the road from me, but we aren't hearing anything on that. I feel bad for what Jessica had to go through and what not, but enough is enough... Lets face it, she likes the attention.. actually she loves it, but what better way to act like you don't want the attention, when she knows this is only making the press want her more... Gotta love the USA... I know I do...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join