It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Troops Beat Iraqi Hotelier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

News BBC

An Iraqi civilian said he believed he was going to die while being beaten by British soldiers in Basra in 2003.

Ahmad al-Matairi told the hearing at Bulford Camp, Wilts, that soldiers from the Queen's Lancashire Regiment took bets on who could make him fall down.

Hotel receptionist Baha Mousa, 26, was arrested during the raid and later died while in British custody.

Seven soldiers have been charged variously with treating Iraqi civilians inhumanely and manslaughter.

"I could not believe that these were criminals from Britain. According to our knowledge it was a civilised country so I could not believe it. We were hit all the time, continuously without knowing the reason why"

Winning the Hearts and Minds of Iraqi People.

And then People ask themselves, why do UK and US troops come under attack?

It could not be more obvious.

We just have to wait a little more time, for all the dirt and filty to swim on surface.

And it always does.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I notice they are being tried by court martial, at the Military Court Centre on Salisbury Plain, and if found guilty will no doubt serve prison terms, and rightly so.

Could you tell me how many insurgents are being tried by insurgent groups for winning the hearts and minds of Iraqi civilians by blowing them up?

Just wondered....

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Same old slant eh Souljah.
Old news is good news eh?

OK, so what about posting something that shows , or depicts innocent soldiers being beheaded, maimed, blown up by road side bombs? Thats what happens when our forces try and help these people.

What about showing the good side of the forces that are out there, instead of continually bringing them down? We have had our arguments in the past, but things do, and keep getting repetitive.

Change the record my friend, and look at the good things, then post something worth while that we could all appreciate and maybe applaud you for.

Then again, old habits die hard.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by Bikereddie]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I wonder about all the times there where no sham trials.

Like the time those british baby killing soldiers beat up those Iraqi boys and made a video of it laughing, and it was only when the video came out 6 months later, that the world actually heard about it, because the video was posted somewhere?

what happened to those men anyway, where did teh sham trial end up?

[edit on 28-9-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Sham Trials?....I assume you've been present at a court marshall to know that for sure then?

Your right about the case you mention though. It was disgusting.

The question in my opening post still stands????

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Like the time those british baby killing soldiers beat up those Iraqi boys and made a video of it laughing,

Baby killing? No I think you'll find that those "sweet innocent children" (why does every parent never believe that thier little darling could do any wrong? I really do find this quite funny when you have to inform parents that their children actually DO misbehave and DO break the law.) where actually throwing rocks and those soldiers had a hand grenade thrown at them earlier. If you can take having explosive devices thrown at you and still be calm about someone throwing rocks at you then mabye you can advise the UK on how to handle riots.

and it was only when the video came out 6 months later, that the world actually heard about it, because the video was posted somewhere?

Yes and I wonder why those "sweet" children didnt run home to mummy saying, "Mum! He beat me up!" ? Fear? Mabye , fear of actually being accused of doing wrong...

what happened to those men anyway, where did teh sham trial end up?
[edit on 28-9-2006 by Syrian Sister]

1 admitted to doing wrong, but hey aren't all trials "sham" trails to the losing party?
Yes funny how that works isnt it..

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
OK, so what about posting something that shows , or depicts innocent soldiers being beheaded, maimed, blown up by road side bombs? Thats what happens when our forces try and help these people.

this just stood out
how can a soldier be innccent? when you wear a uniform and go into a war zone
you dont really expect people to shower you with roses

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
this just stood out
how can a soldier be innccent? when you wear a uniform and go into a war zone
you dont really expect people to shower you with roses

How can a soldier be guilty if he cant be innocent?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
How can a soldier be guilty if he cant be innocent?

i didnt say guilty eaither did

if your a soldier and are orderd into a war zone your neither

my reply was to this

in a war zone when you invade a country you cant expect to be welcomed with open arms hence why they are being blown up by road side bombs and so forth

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i didnt say guilty eaither did

if your a soldier and are orderd into a war zone your neither

No you asked how can a soldier be innocent , I asked how can he be guilty if he cant be innocent.
Yes ,no?

in a war zone when you invade a country you cant expect to be welcomed with open arms hence why they are being blown up by road side bombs and so forth

In a warzone both sides are expected to fight by the rules of war, but ofcourse rules are made to be broken yet its always the "invading" side that gets media attention....I wonder why.....

top topics

join