It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Parallels of the Movie "Enemy Of The State"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I was watching the movie "Enemy Of The State" tonight which was dated back to 1998 and I was amazed at how many of the topics that were discussed in the film actually have taken place or are taking place. It seems like foretelling of the future. The one amazing thing that caught my eye was the main bad guy Character played by John Voight , Thomas Brian Reynolds. Ironically this character had the birthdate of 9-11 1940. They spoke of terrorist attacks on american soil, wiretapping of domestic origins, low yield nuclear attacks, extremists and even a "Privacy Act" which I took to be the Patriot Act. Was this foreshadowing or what!!!?? It just so happened that the politician attempting to push the bill through also happened to be Republican. This movie freaked me out tonight. I hope I'm posting in the right topic as since this movie was released in 1998 , more then likely it was in production in 1997 a full 4 years before all this happened and the birthday of John Voights character just freaked me out totally. It kind of played out like one of those Science Fiction B movies with all the futuristic devices actually becoming a reality.

Pie

[edit on 27-9-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
A Long Kiss Goodnight
The Siege
The Lone Gunmen Epi 1

And the list goes on and on and on..

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePieMaN

This was on again last night and i watched it again for the first time in years, i too noticed the 9-11 D.O.B and another thing i remember was a sentence from the movie along the lines of
" the quickest was to make people feel like they need more security is to bring a building down" , or something to that effect. Just though it was rather strange,. Really good movie to watch though, especially when it is the first time you watch it. Nice catch Op,

Note : yes i do realise this thread is like 5 years old now, : )

new topics

join