It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found this by happenstance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone else on the net or blogtopia had noticed the
very interesting picture that was taken of Cydonia on Mars. Next to the famous face, which is very small in comparison, there is a lion, very large. I saw there had been some discussion here about the older pictures, and it looked like an interesting place to say hello.

If you want to know more about me, I have been blogging for the past month and a half at cannablog and have been a regular participant in conversations at Cannabis News for the past year and a half. There are a lot of freewheeling conversations, and while I don't intend to create a political conflict if my views are unwelcome here, I thought it would be nice to talk to some people with a perspective that I haven't heard enough about.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just wanted to apologize for doing something that was apparently against the local rules. I did not read the terms carefully before posting and no harm was intended. I saw that someone named kosol had said hello after me, and had been edited with a warning about terms and conditions of use, 4 and 4a. So I looked and saw the restriction 4 says that I cannot "advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites...without prior written permission."

It wasn't my intention to be rude or otherwise to violate terms. It is the way that I am used to talking with people on blogs because we link to one another and the conversation travels across many different services and places. None of us try to keep people locked into our own environment. We want people to come and read what we have to say, and reply on their own boards, because the conversation is the thing and everyone who is participating deserves to have people come and read their comments.

I'd appreciate having a little guidance on whether this is really what the rule prohibits or whether it is meant to protect against spammers and marketers of various kinds, which are unwelcome anywhere.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Welcome whig!

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Smokin' BBQ Threads (Important Website-Related Topics).

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I just cant seem to see it... Any more information on how it is positioned, or a picture with the "lion" circled?

I do, however, see a bear head in the upper center portion of the picture, just left of the "roundish" light spot.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Milk:

I'm guessing that I can't upload an image here, and I don't want to continue to promote my own links or discussion system in violation of any rules, but hopefully if I use a neutral service like ImageShack to put the image I won't be making myself unwelcome.

GradyPhilpott:

I looked really briefly at the Smokin' BBQ Threads and saw the one about this being a US Government COINTELPRO site. I find that very interesting and it doesn't matter much to me either way. I am opposed to violence, and I will listen to anyone tell me whatever story they believe in and look at everything that I can and talk about it as openly as seems to be reasonable to me.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by whig]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There's a little red spot on the [son] today.

It's the same [white] spot as yesterday.

Pardon my allusions, but there is a new red spot on Jupiter. First time ever seen.

new topics

top topics

join