It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus Christ Our Only Intercessor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Definition of Intercessor: a being who prays on behalf of another being.

I cannot speak for the Catholic and Protestant Churches and correct me if you believe I am wrong but let us assume the following is correct:

The Catholic Church believes:
Supreme Intercessor: Jesus Christ
Major Intercessors: Virgin Mary, Angels, Saints, and Blessed
Minor Intercessors: Other Believers
Non-Intercessors: Atheists that Never Pray

The Protestant Church believes:
Supreme and only Intercessor: Jesus Christ

If the above is correct, I would believe that the Catholic Church would be infallible as many people through history have had Godlike qualities along with the Indestructible Belief that Jesus Christ is the Supreme Son of God and Supreme Intercessor.

If the above is correct, the Catholic Church would inspire and promote the Greatest Brotherhood, Unity, and Peace between People.

Pray for all, care for all, and love all!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm a christian, but Jesus isn't my intercessor. He is God, so there's no need for me ask him to talk to God on my behalf. I just talk to him.

God, Jesus, Holy Spirit. They're all one. Can't get it? Water, steam and ice are H2O, just diffferent forms. Same with the triune.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimboman
I'm a christian, but Jesus isn't my intercessor. He is God, so there's no need for me ask him to talk to God on my behalf. I just talk to him.

You know, this has always been a major stumbling block for me. If Jesus is God,as protestants and unitarians claim, why would Jesus pray to himself? Jesus prayed to his FATHER. Now, if Jesus is God,which would be the FATHER, then why did he need to pray at all? I mean,the whole unitarian perspective does not make sense to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth, you are right that Jesus prayed to God as his Son.

I hold Jesus Christ with the utmost respect and believe that he was and is the most Divine person to traverse the earth and that he is now at God's right hand in Heaven. He shared and shares some qualities with God; however, I believe he is the Son of God, not God, the creator of Heaven and Earth, with three of many reasons being:

1) Jesus Christ prayed, especially in the Agony of the Garden; God does not pray.

2) Jesus Christ is Lord; God is God; no where in the Holy Bible does it say that Jesus Christ is God, only Lord.

3) Jesus Christ died for three days; God has always been alive and always will be.

I pray to the Supreme Intercessor, Jesus Christ, that he prays for me and others to God for Blessings.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Can other people pray for us , absolutely. Can the dead pray for us. I am not aware of any verse that says they do after they have died.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

I hold Jesus Christ with the utmost respect and believe that he was and is the most Divine person to traverse the earth and that he is now at God's right hand in Heaven. He shared and shares some qualities with God; however, I believe he is the Son of God, not God, the creator of Heaven and Earth, with three of many reasons being:

1) Jesus Christ prayed, especially in the Agony of the Garden; God does not pray.

2) Jesus Christ is Lord; God is God; no where in the Holy Bible does it say that Jesus Christ is God, only Lord.

3) Jesus Christ died for three days; God has always been alive and always will be.

I pray to the Supreme Intercessor, Jesus Christ, that he prays for me and others to God for Blessings.

Precisely. Christ never bolstered himself at all. Even when Pontius Pilate stated, "So you are the Son of God". What did Christ reply? Christ said, "So you say that I am." To me, this implies that Christ did not proclaim himself to be anything other than a teacher, others proclaimed him to be the Son of God. Jesus Christ, no doubt in my mind, is the Son of God,but he is not God.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Precisely. Christ never bolstered himself at all. Even when Pontius Pilate stated, "So you are the Son of God". What did Christ reply? Christ said, "So you say that I am." To me, this implies that Christ did not proclaim himself to be anything other than a teacher, others proclaimed him to be the Son of God. Jesus Christ, no doubt in my mind, is the Son of God,but he is not God.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

SpeakerofTruth, we are on the same Spiritual wavelength on this matter. God Bless You and All.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Definition of Intercessor: a being who prays on behalf of another being.

great question GreatTech!

i would say all those who pray on humanity's behalf, or anyother of god's creations would also qualify as an intercessor. all those who would at their moment of death commit their spirit to the christ, perhaps they propel the christ in some fashion, like gasoline for an automobile, i suppose.

I cannot speak for the Catholic and Protestant Churches and correct me if you believe I am wrong but let us assume the following is correct:

The Catholic Church believes:
Supreme Intercessor: Jesus Christ
Major Intercessors: Virgin Mary, Angels, Saints, and Blessed
Minor Intercessors: Other Believers
Non-Intercessors: Atheists that Never Pray

"like a thief in the night"

and what happens at heists if not for a robbery from a thief?

i think somehow, someway, they must all belong to a god of truth, because it is my belief that nothing can exist seperated from truth. there must be some level of truth in it, if not, why would a god of truth permit it?

If the above is correct, the Catholic Church would inspire and promote the Greatest Brotherhood, Unity, and Peace between People.

if true, then would it make the catholic church responsible for inspiring, promoting, unifying, and peacing the brotherhood back together?

opposite of applause? "BOO"
dumb people say? "DUH"

"BOODUH"

and when people see god is "ALL"
and the light goes off in their heads then they would say "AHH"

"ALLAHH"

kwonza

l ("l" from the word love)
married together with the (

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
yep .. .

"You have voted GreatTech for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month"

thanks GreatTech!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Intercede in prayer for ALL always. Life is not about oneself but for ALL.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Interesting question, Great Tech - I share the same sentiments as you all about this - in general...

Do ya'll ever wonder just WHY is it that we think we must define such a thing beyond our reach?

I do.

I looked at the ONE place in my KJV where the actual word 'intercessor' was:

And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
~Isaiah 59:16

And then I looked up the word it was translated from, using tbe Strong's # (to find its others instances) and it is not indicative of the mild protection even a fervent prayer imparts - it is usually 'meet' or 'fall upon' in the sense of battles and confrontations! Like someone jumping ahead of you and racing head on full barrel toward the archer about to shoot YOU through the heart - and there HE LEAPS and takes the fatal wound....

Check out word H6293 in the OT and see what passages it is in and why....and I say, from this clearer understanding - YES just ONE would do such a thing..

I think 'mediator' was the word I identified with more - and advocate - but really - what are those compared to heroic acts?

top topics

join