It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity= Glorified Zombie Worship?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gonz

wait wait wait

since when was there definitive proof that a man from nazareth that went by the name "jesus" actually lived?

i don't want to turn this to a "jesus never existed" thread, but it's a controversial topic

Have you ever read the Bible (I dont mean 1 verse) ? to be making these huge assumptions? theres the proof ill tell you, ive read it myself, now have you read it? have you read the thing which your saying is wrong? I wouldnt personaly tell someone their wrong unless ive looked and know what their talking about!! Think about it!!!

i've read the bible cover to cover
TWICE

The simple believeth every word. -- Proverbs 14:15
that is my favorite passage from the bible

i found much ignorance and absurdity, though there were a few good ideas

before you assume anything about nontheists, realize that many of them are well read, even in the bible

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Only need to read the Bible once to understand it, you read it twice and you still dont get it, then thats your fault you dont understand, not God's and that doesnt mean its wrong, many times i didnt understand maths back in school but it was right.

=)

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
First of all, doesn't christianity say something about not worshipping idols? Jesus was a human, we are all capable of doing what jesus did. What I would like to know is how can people be christian and worship jesus, but not be idolizing jesus? There was never meant to be a religion started after jesus, jesus was jewish and simply showing us the way to love and live.

I don't think that christians are zombie worshipers (although you can argue that jesus was a zombie i guess), i do however feel that many christians i know are themselves zombies. Blindly following what they are told and never thinking for themselves, condemning everyone who doesn't conform with their beliefs. Not all christians are like this, but many that i have seen are.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Lol, Jesus isnt an idol, He is God! thats why we're not worshipping a zombie, He came to die for our sins and gives guidance in our lifes, and even though God didnt need to send His only Son to die for us, he did it anyway to prove also that He knows what ever we go throug, and He never once sinned (He's our example).

Jesus isnt an idol because He says himself that He isnt one, He is God so just that makes Him not an idol, idol's are fake gods and He isnt fake.

=)

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Lol, Jesus isnt an idol, He is God! thats why we're not worshipping a zombie, He came to die for our sins and gives guidance in our lifes, and even though God didnt need to send His only Son to die for us, he did it anyway to prove also that He knows what ever we go throug, and He never once sinned (He's our example).

Jesus isnt an idol because He says himself that He isnt one, He is God so just that makes Him not an idol, idol's are fake gods and He isnt fake.

=)

so basically what you are saying is, if i can do all of the things that jesus did then hundreds of years from now i would be considered god and people would worshipp me, starting a religion with my name then it would be ok?

Jesus was a human being, we are all god's children capable of miracles. That's what he taught, not chrisianity, not judaism, but love. This is the precise reason that i don't choose one religion, because no matter what you believe in, there is always someone to argue with how wrong you are. Jesus never wanted anyone to worshipp him, he just wanted people to love each other and realize what we are capable of.

I'm sure you will try to argue about how i'm crazy and/or wrong, but it doesn't matter. We each have our own free will to believe what we want. You are loved no matter what you think. Love is all there is, everything is god and god is love.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
No you couldnt do exactly what Jesus did, because He is Risen, and no one of us could have done that, only God can do that, thats why He's God and we worship Him, your saying that its wrong to worship Him because He was a man but He was God thats what makes the diference, worshiping Jesus is worshiping God because He is God, He was risen killed and risen and taken to Heaven where He is now with the Father (God).

Its like I can be a son, a father, and a grandfather but your still in the same family, or just like water, it can be liquid, solid or vapor, but its still water....Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit, it may be weird to think its worshiping a ((Man)) but the diference is He isnt just a "MAN", He is God so that makes it diferent, and just like worshiping God the Father.

He was our example and we should follow His paths BUT we cannot be like Him.

I dont know how much or whatever you believe in but Jesus healed and yes we can heal people too, its done everyday, but He was God in a man form, came to die for our sins and to show everyone (even though He didnt have to) that He knows whatever we go through in our lifes.

Its ok I dont think your crazy, you just believe what you know makes sence in your head, i do too. Its hard to understand some things with God, but He only gave us the Bible and our brains (which cant take much), its weird sometimes maybe even annoying why we cant know more but, but if there were books for ALL knowledge imagine how many books/Librarys would we need, and be honest would we ever read them? and would we ever get to the ones we need most to apply them in our lifes? it would be a lot of book, lol...! it doesnt make sence that God wouldnt tell us more, but it makes sence that it would be pointless having all knowledge, just like when were little and we really want another sweet and our parents dont give it to us, its because they know whats best for us, even thought we really want it they know whats right, they know how many sweets we need, just like God knows how much knowledge we need (sorry for using this analagy of a little boy, lol), but i hope it makes sence if not then im sorry i cant make you, you absolutly have the free will to decide what you want, but may i just add that God gave us that free will, God's ways or our ways...

Sorry if it sounded rude, didnt mean to be, =)

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
gonz, although we do indeed have different viewpoints, it is nice to see somebody that has strong faith in what they believe in and can still keep their manners about them. I do agree with some of your beliefs, and we'll just leave it at that. It's just that too often one will find religious fanatics who can be so rude and even at times so egotistical, I'm just glad that you are not one.

Peace

Pancho

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I try my best, thanks...=)

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

=)

Jesus might not be an idol but a crucifix is and how many christians have a crucifix ( a graven image). Also the commandment to worship no others apart from god - christians worship jesus before god.
How do you know that the supposed jesus never sinned????? What was jesus doing between the ages of 12 and 30 ??????

G

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruthI certainly agree with this statement. I think atheism is in and of itself a faith. To me, it takes much faith to believe that we are just the product of an evolutionary "accident".

I will have to ask my Atheist friend what was happing before the big accident. An accident is something unplanned that happens from the norm. So what was the norm?... Hmmm...

Originally posted by shihuludJesus might not be an idol but a crucifix is and how many christians have a crucifix ( a graven image). Also the commandment to worship no others apart from god - christians worship jesus before god.
How do you know that the supposed jesus never sinned????? What was jesus doing between the ages of 12 and 30 ??????

shihulud long time no see man!

We do not have a second by second account of Jesus's life nor would we know His every thought.. You either believe or you do not.

Unfortunately I will have to stretch here to make a point. I recently seen the movie V for vendetta, Im sure everyone here is familiar with this film. A lot of stuff going on in this film, but one thing that I took away from its was near the end. When they attempted to kill V. The one guy said how come you wont die? (or something to the effect.) and V replied "…because you can not kill an idea." The ending is very powerful and in a strange way Jesus is an idea, to you to me to everyone he was the perfect sinless and innocent man. He came to save us and whether or not you believe he was real or not at this point in time should not matter because he is an idea and you can not kill an idea. Of course I can not prove to you Jesus was who he said he was no more than I can prove King Author and the knights of the round table.

Jesus came to show us how to live as an example how to treat others why do people have such an issue with this is beyond me.

We can all be just as Jesus is. We can live a sinless life. This would not mean in a giving time we become God. No we can only reflect Him in this life.

Finally Bruce Lee once said "Willing is not enough; we must do. Knowing is not enough; we must apply." How many of us know right from wrong? but how many do it? A lot of said Christians including myself know, but do not apply…

I hope this post was a Blessing to you. I am not shoving anything down anyone's throat only want you to think.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch
shihulud long time no see man!

We do not have a second by second account of Jesus's life nor would we know His every thought.. You either believe or you do not.

Unfortunately I will have to stretch here to make a point. I recently seen the movie V for vendetta, Im sure everyone here is familiar with this film. A lot of stuff going on in this film, but one thing that I took away from its was near the end. When they attempted to kill V. The one guy said how come you wont die? (or something to the effect.) and V replied "…because you can not kill an idea." The ending is very powerful and in a strange way Jesus is an idea, to you to me to everyone he was the perfect sinless and innocent man. He came to save us and whether or not you believe he was real or not at this point in time should not matter because he is an idea and you can not kill an idea. Of course I can not prove to you Jesus was who he said he was no more than I can prove King Author and the knights of the round table.

Jesus came to show us how to live as an example how to treat others why do people have such an issue with this is beyond me.

We can all be just as Jesus is. We can live a sinless life. This would not mean in a giving time we become God. No we can only reflect Him in this life.

Finally Bruce Lee once said "Willing is not enough; we must do. Knowing is not enough; we must apply." How many of us know right from wrong? but how many do it? A lot of said Christians including myself know, but do not apply…

I hope this post was a Blessing to you. I am not shoving anything down anyone's throat only want you to think.

Nice to hear from you again Gameset.
I totally agree that the biblical Jesus is an ideal but that doesnt mean to say that the biblical and the historical were one in the same. And I also agree that we can all become like the biblical jesus and try and live a good life (sin/good/evil are all in the eye of the beholder) but then again there is no need for religion or gods to achieve this good style of living.
What type of christian are you?

G

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihuludI totally agree that the biblical Jesus is an ideal but that doesnt mean to say that the biblical and the historical were one in the same. And I also agree that we can all become like the biblical jesus and try and live a good life (sin/good/evil are all in the eye of the beholder) but then again there is no need for religion or gods to achieve this good style of living.

I must say I have been perplexed on answering your question for many moons.

My answer is: I am what I am.

So.. I do not know what type of Christian that makes me...

Cut me will I not bleed? Teach me will I not know? Me and you are not different at all.

Good Journey bro

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I wish I could convince my girlfriend that Christianity is Glorified Zombie worship. She'd become a Christian right away!! That would be nice.

She's really into Zombies, Zombie movies etc. Dunno why?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I wish I could convince my girlfriend that Christianity is Glorified Zombie worship. She'd become a Christian right away!! That would be nice.

She's really into Zombies, Zombie movies etc. Dunno why?

'Cause Rob Zombie is cool! He is my neighbor....
White Zombie - white is purity?!?!

Perhaps voodoo is magick and there are only 3 witches in the world. 2 boys and 1 girl.

I don't know.

I need more coffee.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch

Originally posted by shihuludI totally agree that the biblical Jesus is an ideal but that doesnt mean to say that the biblical and the historical were one in the same. And I also agree that we can all become like the biblical jesus and try and live a good life (sin/good/evil are all in the eye of the beholder) but then again there is no need for religion or gods to achieve this good style of living.

I must say I have been perplexed on answering your question for many moons.

My answer is: I am what I am.

So.. I do not know what type of Christian that makes me...

Cut me will I not bleed? Teach me will I not know? Me and you are not different at all.

Good Journey bro
I meant what is your christian denomination? or do you have your own? By that I mean not basing entirely on one denomination.
I mean nothing by it, it just helps to know what your beliefs are as I find some christians believe different things.

G

top topics

<< 1   >>

join