It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity= Glorified Zombie Worship?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
now, i personally do NOT believe that christianity is glorified zombie worship, just wanted to get that out of the way

i was having a discussion with one of my more militant atheist friends, and he has brought up some interesting points, but the one that stuck was:

jesus is being worshipped for being a zombie

now, undead worship sounds awfully occult, doesn't it?

please discuss in a civil manner

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, the problem with the whole risen Christ scenario,(No,I am not implying that it didn't happen), is that many other gods have risen from the dead as well. Osiris in particular was venerated as being raised from the dead. The main beef that several scholars have with Christianity is that many pagan believers also worshipped risen gods/godesses.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If you are not familiar with what I am talking about here is a good place to start:

Pagans and Christianity

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, the problem with the whole risen Christ scenario,(No,I am not implying that it didn't happen), is that many other gods have risen from the dead as well. Osiris in particular was venerated as being raised from the dead. The main beef that several scholars have with Christianity is that many pagan believers also worshipped risen gods/godesses.

Osiris from Egypt is a false god that originated in Babylon. Osiris is Nimrod, the Babylonian king.

Jesus is a real person, Osiris is not.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Osiris from Egypt is a false god that originated in Babylon. Osiris is Nimrod, the Babylonian king.

I am not saying that I agree with them but many,many people would argue that Jesus is just a remake of the Osiris myth.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If you are not familiar with what I am talking about here is a good place to start:

I am very aware of what you are talking about. The problem is, you are not aware of the truth.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I am very aware of what you are talking about. The problem is, you are not aware of the truth.

First of all, that quote was not directed toward you. Secondly, I don't think you are so esteemed that you know what the whole truth is. Therefore, you are not the judge of who knows the truth and who doesn't.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I am not saying that I agree with them but many,many people would argue that Jesus is just a remake of the Osiris myth.

Sorry, I jumped the gun on you.

These people are incorrect. They need to trace the origin of these religions to Babylon.

They are there to keep you from the truth. (The deceiver)

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
We are both posting before the other can respond.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Hey,at least you have the decency to appologize.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hey,at least you have the decency to appologize.

Cool,

Be aware that Osiris, Isis, and Horus is Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz from Babylon.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Theists are the zombies.

"Hi. I'd like you to meet my invisible friend. He's all powerful and I talk to him all the time. If you don't do what he says the way he says you won't be able to spend eternity with him."

Mass delusion.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

wait wait wait

since when was there definitive proof that a man from nazareth that went by the name "jesus" actually lived?

i don't want to turn this to a "jesus never existed" thread, but it's a controversial topic

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
madnessinmysoul,

Most atheists are not able to understand anything more than the literal understanding of spiritual books. They also read into passages like the 10 year old does at times and ironically, many of them are the first to point out that the relgious fanatics are the problem. Well I see atheists as being just another form of religious fanatic since they are often unable to read into anything more spiritual than what the literal meaning is to them. One may call themself "Christian" but many of these people are more like athiests worshiping their own ideas, rather than acting as true Christians. IMO, both are extremists and both lead us into trouble. Atheists tend to worship their own personalities, yet they say they are not religious. They point at and scoff at those who worship another man named Jesus but mind you, not all athiests do this - just some do and I find this cute.

To be as 'Christ is in the Spirit', is not what I would consider following any zombie. But sitting in school and being brainwashed by dry Phillistinian Professors may lead us there just as quickly as any Jesus camp will.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

jesus is being worshipped for being a zombie

now, undead worship sounds awfully occult, doesn't it?

i'd rather have reverence for an immortal who knew he was immortal, than people today who are immortal and are so overcome by their own fears they are only mortal because of their fears.

no one is mortal.

we are all immortal.

but, when immortals fear, they die.

why?

because there is a real part of the human psychi that lies at the center of the subconscious that will always remain true to yourself, even when you are not.

so, since we fear ..... . .. .

we fear the unknown.

so, if we fear the unknown, the part of our mind that remains true to ourselves will relentlessly continue to quantify all unknowns.

so, what is your subconscious mind doing?

how many fears and unknowns can there be?

another way to form that question:

what is the highest number?

what is the lowest negative number?

what is the answer for "phi"?

and all other unknowns are being quantified, quantified, and defined as well.

how much of your mind is being utilized to accomplish these tasks?

99.999999997% of your brain is assigned to illiminating your fears.

don't worry about it, though.

you still have access to: 0.000000002% of your own thoughts.

and when your mind has calculated the last number, you can have your brain back.

or, you could choose to conquer your own fears by only writing them out and dealing with them on paper.

seriously, how much do you know about your own motives and intentions?

what is the opposite of love?

yes, most say hate.

can you justify your hating without first fearing loosing something you love?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinosamitna
madnessinmysoul,

Most atheists are not able to understand anything more than the literal understanding of spiritual books. They also read into passages like the 10 year old does at times and ironically, many of them are the first to point out that the relgious fanatics are the problem. Well I see atheists as being just another form of religious fanatic since they are often unable to read into anything more spiritual than what the literal meaning is to them. One may call themself "Christian" but many of these people are more like athiests worshiping their own ideas, rather than acting as true Christians. IMO, both are extremists and both lead us into trouble. Atheists tend to worship their own personalities, yet they say they are not religious. They point at and scoff at those who worship another man named Jesus but mind you, not all athiests do this - just some do and I find this cute.

To be as 'Christ is in the Spirit', is not what I would consider following any zombie. But sitting in school and being brainwashed by dry Phillistinian Professors may lead us there just as quickly as any Jesus camp will.

There are a couple of things that I want to address in your post.

Well I see atheists as being just another form of religious fanatic since they are often unable to read into anything more spiritual than what the literal meaning is to them.

I certainly agree with this statement. I think atheism is in and of itself a faith. To me, it takes much faith to believe that we are just the product of an evolutionary "accident".

However, there is something that you state that I cannot agree with.

One may call themself "Christian" but many of these people are more like athiests worshiping their own ideas, rather than acting as true Christians. IMO, both are extremists and both lead us into trouble.

While I do believe that there are millions of "christian" pretenders, I think you and I may have a different opinion on who those pretenders are. You seem to embrace the idea that in order to be a true Christian, one needs to go to church and accept what his/her pastor says at face value. This is the part of your statement that leads me to believe that

One may call themself "Christian" but many of these people are more like athiests worshiping their own ideas
To assume that a pastor knows the truth about God's plan and you don't seems rather self-defeating. I have yet to meet a "man of God" who seemed to know anymore or even as much about God's true plan than I did. You see, following a pastor is rather a mindless task. Most pastors came upon their views the same way that many church goers do, by simply taking what is told to them at face value. Without research, you never attain spiritual truth. There is no guru or pastor that can lead you to the truth. Only you can lead yourself to the truth.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
just in case anyone was assuming that i'm an atheist, i'm a theravada buddhist

i really want to clear this up

i'm not opposed to belief in the unknowable

though i can understand the atheistic viewpoint

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Worshipping Jesus. An Occult???

It may seem an occult to you because your saying He's not here( dead ), but the thing is He IS very much alive thats diferent!!!!

Please understand Jesus is alive!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123143
Theists are the zombies.

"Hi. I'd like you to meet my invisible friend. He's all powerful and I talk to him all the time. If you don't do what he says the way he says you won't be able to spend eternity with him."

Mass delusion.

Thats just simply proves you want to live your own way and you care more about yourseld than your creator!, try something diferent, isntead of looking for proof that God doesnt exist, try looking for the proof, it will only show you that your wrong or it will help your view strongly... =)

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

wait wait wait

since when was there definitive proof that a man from nazareth that went by the name "jesus" actually lived?

i don't want to turn this to a "jesus never existed" thread, but it's a controversial topic

Have you ever read the Bible (I dont mean 1 verse) ? to be making these huge assumptions? theres the proof ill tell you, ive read it myself, now have you read it? have you read the thing which your saying is wrong? I wouldnt personaly tell someone their wrong unless ive looked and know what their talking about!! Think about it!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join