It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween 2006 - Party, Costumes, Decorations... lets talk about it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We'll it's almost that time... HALLOWEEN.....

What are you doing this year? Parties, Costumes, Decorations.... let's all share...

The wife and I are having the Second Annual Jen -n- Jair Halloween Bash...

Last year we had 30-40 people show up, including the children... we decorated the yard and the house inside and out...

Jen worked very hard making lots of food and other goodies... I got a keg and had some other "drinks" on hand...

Lots of good music, DJ'd by me of course

Last years costumes were great... we did the ole Pimp -n- Hooker combo... with a catch of course.. .yeah.. you guessed it... I wasn't the pimp... thats okay $50 first prize at my company party, so we went with it again for our own party...

This year's costumes, was my idea and Jen really like it.... we're going to be a famous couple from TV.

Dog the bounty hunter and his wife beth..... :shk::shk::shk:

okay, now that you've quit laughing... yeah you guessed it again... I don't get to be Dog.

Jen is 6ft tall and has long blonde hair, so we can fix her hair like Dog, we've got the fake muslces to put on her and all the bounty hunter accessories...

my costume, is short skirt, blonde wig, great big butt "implant" and huge.... .well you know.... if I can, I might just come along with some pictures....

so, what are you guys doing this year.... please share...

[edit on 26-9-2006 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
how fun!!

I've haven't been to a halloween party in ages. Last one I went to, I went as crazy pregnant housewife (I wasn't pregnant though) terry robe, fuzzy slippers, pillows, curlers and rolling pin where part of my costume.

I tend to spend my halloweens reading scary stories. Up north, Halloween tends to be creepier, dark, getting cold, sets the mood... here in south florida, the weather never contributes to the creepy atmosphere. I'd love for a cold and rainy All Hallow's eve....

As for decorations, I'll have the kids carve their pumpkins as usual. We have tombstones for the yard, I usually one of those quirky door covers and a few lawn stakes of your various ghosts and ghouls, so that neighborhood kids know they can come trick or treating.

not sure what my kids want to be this year, last year Hurricane Wilma ruined Halloween for us so I know they will be excited to get dressed up this year.

btw that's really cute and sweet that you and wife dress up like that, I could never get my husband to go with that idea.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Speaking of decorations... my wife is so talented..

she took the box tops from the boxes that reams of paper comes in.... cut and curved the tops and made tombstones... we painted them gray and wrote on them with black marker.... they're really neat looking...

We have an inflatable witch that goes in the yard.... it's pretty cool....

Oh yeah... she has a bar of soap that is transparent orange and has a plastic spider in the middle of it... so the joke last year was...

when someone would come out of the bathroom, "hey did you see the spider", some answered "no", Jen's reply... "then you didn't wash your hands" :shk::shk:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
One of the things I'm most excited about this year is.. ..

4pm to 7pm is Family and Kids time...

After 7pm, the kiddies gotta go and and its adults only...
:w:
:w:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I can't believe no one else wants to talk about Halloween...

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Iam going to do my annual halloween ..........GO TO THE BEST HOUSEPARTY OF THE YEAR!!!!!
, Its gona have to be one hell of a party to beat the "end of the summer " house party....but by god it will be.....i just know...lol

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Oh yeah... she has a bar of soap that is transparent orange and has a plastic spider in the middle of it... so the joke last year was...

when someone would come out of the bathroom, "hey did you see the spider", some answered "no", Jen's reply... "then you didn't wash your hands" :shk::shk:

Too Funny!!

Halloween this year is actually going to be kind of quiet for me. Just a few friends getting together to enjoy some good beer, listen to music, shoot some pool -- stuff like that. No costumes (unless you want to wear one, but I doubt anyone will), but there will be decorations and halloween themed food. Pretty much low key stuff.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
you've inspired me and so now me and my sister in law are having a kids only halloween party at "her" house

I saw directions for an floating "ice hand" for the punch bowl which I'll definitely do. I made pom pom spiders a few years back, will make a bunch of those and hang them around. Haven't decided what I'll be yet... but the kids want store bought super hero costumes, no one wants to let me wrap them up with toilet paper for the mummy look

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

I saw directions for an floating "ice hand" for the punch bowl which I'll definitely do.

YaY another party...

hey, can you link the directions for the floating "ice hand"? that would be awesome...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I doubt many would know who this is unless they watched anime, but I'm going as kakashi from naruto. I already have his vest, shirt, pants, shuryiken, mouth covering, and head band, as well as a custom made contact lens that has the Sharringan symbol on it. All I need to do afterwards is put on lots of gel, brush my hair upwards, and dye it white.

You may wonder what this is all for, and it's not cause I'm a nerd (well, I am a nerd, but not for that reason), but it's for my friend's Naruto party. He has his gamecube and PS2 set up to a LCD projector. Afterwards, I'm invited to spin (DJ) at a rave here in GA, and then me and some friends will go to a run down insane asylum.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Decorations are up...

inflatable Witchypoo is in the yard... inside decor is done..

Just waiting for the 21st to get here..

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, Party was a huge success....

here are some pics..

Me and My Wife ( Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth )

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Matt and "friend"

My brother and his G/F - Adam and Eve

Yes, I did a costume change during the night.... Jane Jetson...

HOtties.... I'm so lucky

anyone remember Mick Fleetwood... yeah he was at my party..

[edit on 25-10-2006 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Halloween is just around the corner. Here's a thread from last year to spark up the discussion. Anyone have exciting plans for this year??

We've having another party as usual. Costumes are top secret until the day of revealing, so no bribing elevatedone. If he cracks and tells any of you then be prepared for a house guest cuz I'll kick him out and he's coming to live with you!! lol

I love to bake eerie goodies for my party. I make eyeballs, witches hats, dead fingers, warlock wands, mummy cheeseball, bat wing dip, past"ear" salad (my personal fav, I'll have to find a picture to post!!) and a whole slew of other snackables, too many to name.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Happy happy joy joy... .

halloween is coming and if all goes well, I won't have to dress like a woman this year...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Buddy Do i really want to ask?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I'll probably spend my Halloween posting in the "A-Z of Random Words" thread, at least I'll have something to do this year besides just think of ways to scare the girlfriend

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

Well hey that could be fun.How about the A-Z of Creepy and Ghoulishly Gross words.Save that one for Oct.31.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Alright...

We're getting closer to the big day.

The wife is busy, putting games together for the kids party and I helped her make Halloween bracelets for them.

I have the big inflatable decorations up in the yard, maybe I'll post some pics of them.

We're going to start decorating the house soon.

The invite list sure grew this year.... we should have about 30-40 people showing up.

Pics to follow...

so what are your Halloween plans this year?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I plan to dress up as a gothic bride,very sweet costume I got, I'll post pics closer to Halloween.I don't decorate much, just a pumpkin outside...but my son loves to dress up and scare the bejesus out of the little kids...We get about 80 - 100 kids every year.
Our neighborhood is having a party as well at a local community center.
Might go..might not.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Keeping with my Naruto theme, this year I'm going as Zabuza. The sword was expensive, but oh so worth it

hometown.aol.com...

join