It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Television Conspiracy- Do you control it, or does it control you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Okay, it all starts off in 1907: Campbell Swinton and Boris Rosing both develop electronic scanning methods of reproducing images. 14 years latter, Vladimir Zworykin patents a TV camera tube based on Campbell Swinton's and Boris Rosing ideas. It becomes the benchmark of all future televisions from then on. Also during the 1900’s Knight Dunlap, an American professor of psychology, flashed an "imperceptible shadow" to subjects while showing them a Mueller-Lyer illusion containing two lines with pointed arrows at their ends which create an illusion of different lengths. Dunlap claimed that the shadow influenced his subjects subliminally in their judgment of the lengths of the lines. Although these results were not verified, American psychologist Harry Levi Hollingworth reported in an advertising textbook that such subliminal messages could be used by advertisers, this is merely the beginning of it all as it was stated by another user here on ATS.com-

“…In a series of tests a number of children were sat in front of the television and asked to concentrate on the images presented before them. An alpha-beta wave sensor was attached to each of the children’s frontal lobe areas and set to trigger the TV to turn off if the children lapsed into a trance state. Not one of the children was able to keep the TV on for more than 30 seconds.
This isn’t just a problem for the children either. Next time you sit at home watching a great TV show or movie with your friends or family just spend a moment looking at their faces – what you’ll see will possibly shock you. The first time I did it and saw the wide open mouths, the glaring vacant eyes I would have sworn that everyone in the room had been literally hypnotized - they were entering or at least slipping in and out of a deep trance state…”

Its true, iv seen people sit in front of a TV and watch a looping danoz direct commercial for around 1.5hours, literally. Ask yourself when was the last time you actually saw something that came out of the media that wasn’t blatant political propaganda or just straight forward lies? Not to mention the amounts of commercials and straight forward useless knowledge and ignorance that it puts across, but that’s beside the point I’m trying to get at. We all know that government/military use propaganda as one of their main tools to lure people to their causes, but what I am trying to say here is what is stopping them from using these same techniques to control the main aspects of out everyday lives? Nothing! The average household has around 2 televisions that’s hundreds upon millions of sets world wide…its and unlimited to how much we can watch it, peoples eyes are being conditioned throughout their entire lives by what they see and hear on the screen, who knows? if all of this is hard to take in, maybe its part of the conditioning you have received your whole life from TV?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It is frightening to watch people watching television, being consumed by the all-seeing eye and its very colorful visions.

Soon they'll discover that people who don't watch television are tending to radicalization and domestic terrorism. A law or three will require mandatory television watching, and legislation will create funding for virtual reality and image implant within our minds. We will be forced into an ugly neon transcendence of our body into an alternate universe of pretty security-mom images and blood and guts. Baby Matrix indeed...

Don't blanche.
It's just one of the solutions.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by TheDoctor]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I remember reading and hearing, that with a curtian frame rate they can almost control how you feel and react to curtian things, some people are not effected, but it works on the majority. since our minds work with refresh rates from our eyes, when we see something at a curtian rate it effects our minds or something. I do not know where to start looking about that, I know someone on here can enlighten us about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
A common argument that people put forward is that computer is a substitute for television and has the EXACT same effect, though they fail to comprehend that when watching TV you are totaly out of controll of the outcome- where as a computer you are. You also dont have the constant rabling of polititians in your face or pointless advertisments...realyl if you wanted both of these things on a computer you have to go out of your way to go looking for them yourself.

nobody likes to read spam, but if you do...than im afraid you are going to suffer the same fate as those who waste their lives watching television-
news.zdnet.co.uk...

Personaly, the only subliminal message i THINK i have been subject to is one that had me thinking... one day, my roomies and i were going to order pizza...after calling dominos we realised we had called the amry recruiting hotline
...we all agreed on the same number.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Apart fom slipping frames in subliminally, that go so fast we don't know we saw it.
They can also use key words or command words.

Using the word "should" rather than "could' is a good example. Rather than ask (question) someone to do something, by using words like will you, can you, could you, please, ? If you say it in the way of an order or demand (command) like you should, do it, get it, give it, go there, etc, you will have much more success. The thing is, when you ask it in a way of a queston, and say will, could, it gives the person time to think about it before they act upon it, and they may think, "no I won't (they are responding to "can ?"), I won't be asked to do this, i don't want to". Ordering someone to do something puts you in authority. It is a tactic a succsessful salesperson knows how to do, but done in a more subtle way of course, that would go un-noticed.

Guilt is another way to talk somebody into something. A big toothpaste company used this, and was successful in selling ther brand, way above others, whilst this ad ran. 'For those of you who don't brush their teeth twice a day, like you should be doing (the guilt), use xxxx, and it will keep your teeth cleaner, etc". So you buy it because you aren't brushing your teeth twice a day!

Music is another way. The beat of the music can trigger certain reactions in the brain.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Television, at least in my opinion, is the number one cause of ignorance in this country. The majority of people sit and watch T.V hours and hours on end,time that I feel could be better spent reading and learning something.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imation

“…In a series of tests a number of children were sat in front of the television and asked to concentrate on the images presented before them. An alpha-beta wave sensor was attached to each of the children’s frontal lobe areas and set to trigger the TV to turn off if the children lapsed into a trance state. Not one of the children was able to keep the TV on for more than 30 seconds.
This isn’t just a problem for the children either. Next time you sit at home watching a great TV show or movie with your friends or family just spend a moment looking at their faces – what you’ll see will possibly shock you. The first time I did it and saw the wide open mouths, the glaring vacant eyes I would have sworn that everyone in the room had been literally hypnotized - they were entering or at least slipping in and out of a deep trance state…”

On a side note, I have a couple of friends like this. I will ask them, "How can you get so involved in that #@@$@% T.V that you don't know what is going on around you?" They are like in a trance state when they watch it. Sometimes it's almost like they are in the movie themselves or something.

They generally have no explanation for it. They just shrug their shoulders.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
They generally have no explanation for it. They just shrug their shoulders.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

People who are made to do things whilst under hypnosis have described it as "knowing they are doing it, they just cant stop" sounds an awefull lot like it does it not?...a scaryer part on top of that is they normally have no recollection of anything they have done while under hypnosis. Tell me; has anybody here seen first hadnt eh effect the reports on media have on some "older" people, who have spent nearly their entire lives being conditioned to perceive the world the way it wants them to? more recently i have. My friends father seen a report on the news about how EVERYONE using wireless internet or networking is vulnerable to an almost certain attack on their personal information/details. This is going a bit far dont you think? just goes to show how easily people are influenced against something they know little of.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
After kicking the TV habit I have found it hard to watch even a couple of seconds- hopefully I stay this way. TV keeps people sedate and unquestioning, mostly at night times after they have slaved for the money they are told they need; they require escapism and who can blame the majority of people who reject the oppurtunity (found in after work hours) for independant thought and personal development. It's not easy, and reality hits hard when you're more available to it i.e. not tranced out on voyeurism or hyperbole.

What kind of 'work' can one do on themselves when they don't sit with themselves without stimulation and look hard at who/where they are in life? Could the TV be perpetuating a race of mindless mechanised slaves to the money and social values? Values being: Social status, greed, reproduction, passive acceptance and consuming in order to avoid 'unhappiness'.

I personally have found that my friends who watch the most amount of television have left their emotional/intellectual development behind them. And that the friends who also watch little TV or none have more to 'wonder about' when it comes to their life, and actively make attempts to better themselves on a regular basis.

reply to post by Imation

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The last time I turned on my tv was about a month ago. But when I do watch now and then I'm just amazed at the ignorance and propaganda displayed.

Even more amazing is that alot of people actually believe the things that are said on tv.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
how do you expose it for wht it is? how do you show people what it is?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Imation

a alpha-beta wave sensor can "go" off, while yor reading a book. maybe if more people were not mesmerized by what your writing in your post, they would at least question the "method" of your analysis.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81
The last time I turned on my tv was about a month ago. But when I do watch now and then I'm just amazed at the ignorance and propaganda displayed.

Even more amazing is that alot of people actually believe the things that are said on tv.

ok, first, people have to believe something or somebody, or you would be a pretty lonely and deranged person. having said that, by the very nature of people like you and i visiting this website, what we see and hear on T.V. is mostly pure rubbish. and what i think most of what is being put down is the news and the (both subliminal and outright) advertisements.

T.V. should be viewed for purely entertainment purposes, and the rest of the blather on it, should be viewed with a high degree of skepticism. and why do i say this?...because sometimes i just like to watch a good movie, dressed in pajamas with a nice bottle of cabernet at my side.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
yes, it is funny but try this with your friends... first get their opinions ... and try and guess which network they watch... this is really odd, but even if you dont agree with your network your opinion is theirs and you change yours to theirs.... wow, really interesting research I was involved in during the FOX - Monsanto Investigators Story. wow... now all we have to do is get an American TV Channel and undo all that PROGRAMMING>

JSR

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
yes.....

TV tells me what to think, how to feel, how to dress, talk, walk,where to go, when, how often, even tells me who to be afraid of, and why.

then i turn the TV off...........

and my wife does all of the above instead.

is she evil too.......

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JSR

yes, yes she is, it is a facet of hormonal programming.

JSR

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

doh!!!! i knew there was something stange when she insisted oprah was right........all of the time.

ill have to keep an eye on her. the other one, on the TV of course..cant miss my shows.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Imation

the computer has no pointless advertisements? while reading your response, about 15 pop ups with pointless advertisements showed up... for you to say that is ludicrous.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What makes any of you so confident that your not getting the same subliminal effect via the internet, your computer and all those youtube videos and advertising banners flashing across your monitor?

Guess what....it can happen here too.

How many hours do you spend in front of your PC-"TV".

Yep...thought so.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join