It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about the last chapters of the Holy Bible.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I hope someone can answer me these questions.

1.After the new jerusalem is build in Revelation ch 21,I wonder,what is outside of jerusalem?

2.Does the sinful people still live among this universe somewhere else or are they destoryed?

3.Does the Lake of Fire last forever for the sinful people?

4.Could this be true? www.hisremnant.org...

5.I heard that there can be no good without evil and no evil without good,how long does this last?Forever?

junglejake,what would you say?

[edit on 25-9-2006 by tormentor]

[edit on 25-9-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor

1.After the new jerusalem is build in Revelation ch 21,I wonder,what is outside of jerusalem?

2.Does the sinful people still live among this universe somewhere else or are they destoryed?

4.Could this be true?www.hisremnant.org...

5.I heard that there can be no good without evil and no evil without good,how long does this last?Forever?

junglejake,what would you say?

Hello, I will attempt to reply.

1 - Scripture is pretty much silent on this issue and thus is not crucial

2 - Unbelievers are not annhilated. Thier final destination is spiritual, it is not a physical location.

3 - Yes, the lake of fire is eternal.

4 - I'll look into this more.

5 - Evil is a lack of good. Evil is like rust to a car. The rust cannot exist without the car. Or evil is like a hole to a sock. The sock is good until a hole makes it unsightly. The hole thogh cannot be without the fabric.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
1 A new heaven and a new earth.

2 & 3. Those who rejected Jesus Christ will forever be in the Lake of Fire.

4. I don't have time to read it all now. What is the condensed version of it if you have read it all?

5. Where did you hear this? Someday all evil will never again be a plague on those who are found in Christ.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think hell is on the other side of Jerusalem, since Earth will become the new hell.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I should have added to this, eternity. For those who have placed their faith in Christ they will forever be with God. We will actually see and live with God.
There will never never never again be sin in our life or temptation to distract us or destroy us. We will not be on a countdown to death but really have life as God meant it to be for us.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I should have added to this, eternity. For those who have placed their faith in Christ they will forever be with God. We will actually see and live with God.
There will never never never again be sin in our life or temptation to distract us or destroy us. We will not be on a countdown to death but really have life as God meant it to be for us.

If those of us who have placed our faith in Christ are going to be living with God, then I hope he doesn't mind my snoring! Better yet, when he sees how messy I keep my room he just might believe that it's the lake of fire!

On a serious note... it's scary sometimes reading so many different answers to questions such as the ones posed in this thread. Sometimes I just don't know who or what to believe. I guess I should stop putting off reading the Bible, and maybe then I'll develope my own answers. In the meantime I will just have to continue blindly placing my faith in God and truly believing that he will do what is best for us in the afterlife.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Sometimes I just don't know who or what to believe. I guess I should stop putting off reading the Bible, and maybe then I'll develope my own answers. In the meantime I will just have to continue blindly placing my faith in God and truly believing that he will do what is best for us in the afterlife.

Yes yes yes, read the Bible. The New Testament first, then Psalms, proverbs, Ecclesiastes. Then I would go back to Genesis and read from there through the rest that you have yet to read. Deuteronomy, Leviticus, numbers, are going to be a hard read. Read and don't try to understand it all because alot of the stuff states a physical thing, but it is meant to apply to a spiritual application that we can learn something about God, ourselves, others and life.

The christians faith isn't blind because we have a person to focus that faith on, Jesus Christ, Savior and Lord.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
more questions,revelation talks about the first death and the second death
1.Whats the difference?
2.What is the second death really like in all details?

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I had read that article you linked to, before - but I actually read it again...

Because it is an excellent piece of writing and it is absolutely trustworthy on all counts!

The soul who wrote it has obviously been a 'doer' of the law rather than a 'hearer.' What I mean is kind of like what Jimi Hendrix asks us if we play the right song:

'Are you experienced?'

Bob Marley said it very well, too:

'Who feels it, knows it.'

God WILL have His way - and it says, with perfect clarity, in the bible - that He wills that all men will be saved. So be it. I'm not one to argue. If it doesn't make sense, don't worry about it. Trust Him because He loves you.

As far as the 'second death' goes - I understand it on various levels and I don't want to get you all mired up. The first way it became clear to me was thusly:

Adam was first of all 'a living soul.'

But then, because of what happened, God told him: 'you will surely die' and God meant that day. Yet Adam lived 920 years. So Adam's second death came 920 years later.

His soul died on the day God said it would. Without God's spirit our soul is dead (meaning that when the body dies, the memory dissolves back into the ground with our soul which is in our blood).

Anyway, here is the breakdown of the life and death in simple stages:

Death #1: Adam accomplished the 'first death' for all of us and therefore we are all born spiritually dead.

Life #1: man is born in the flesh (but is dead in his soul/spirit)

Life #2: the second birth which is the resurrection of our soul through the power of God's spirit given through Christ

Death #2: the death of our physical body (but if Life #2 has taken place, then the body goes down alone for the soul is bound to God instead of the earth)

It says:

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Revelation 20:6

(this is the only difference I have concerning the article we discussed - because the second death, as explained by the writer, has power on ALL of us - and what he is describing as the consuming fire of the God's Spirit I totally agree with - but it is not the second death because it has power over all souls)

The second death will not hurt those who are 'twice alive' before the are 'twice dead.'

That means when the body dies, the soul is unhurt. Further support from something Paul wrote:

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
1 Corinthians 3:15--

A man's 'work' is the physical manifestation of his existence....but 'himself' is referring the the true essence of the man, which is the soul....

All souls will be saved but not necessarily all bodies. But that doesn't matter because at some point in time all will be restored in full and that means not confined or defined by material (fleshly) containers or limitations.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

There will be no sinful people because the sinful nature of man (in all men) will be destroyed...and so people will be able to live free and in the presence of God.

It is something that applies in part to each of us...that which is not in line with God wil be abolished and will not return. But we will all be here because God isn't going to lose a single soul - and I believe what He says.

It didn't for me. Only about 7 years (but then again I was a very stiff necked and rebellious soul - I'm sure there was quite a bit of trash and junk to burn off and it probably made quite the stink.

But that lake of fire was the best place I've ever been....and really, I'm still there...but I'm part of the fire instead of in the fire.

Think about it this way: baptism of water and baptism of fire....

Where did they go (before they had baptismals in churches)? The river or the lake!
Where could a person truly experience immersion in fire as they did in water if there were no 'lake of fire?'

No way. Only 7,000 years. Cut a bit short, too, from what is written. I'd say maybe this week, maybe next week. I'd lay money on 'by the end of this year.'

Evil is 'misery' in the original writing....we must all live through our various and respective miserable lifetimes FIRST of all...both to get it out of the way and because it must be experienced first in order to give us the best perspective - and so that we truly 'know' evil - because the best part is the last part...knowing the good! And evil will be overcome by good....it will still exist although it might not be noticed at all and rarely, if ever, given a thought as far as 'memories' go....

But God isn't raising us to be spoiled but to be self-governing and peaceful happy souls who can enjoy that which He is preparing for us all!!!

Only a spoiled kid never gets a spanking. And those kids aren't ever grateful are rarely do they share with others...

Some encouragement:

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Romans 8:18--

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1 Corinthians 2:9--

This one, in particular, is worth a thought every morning:

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Jeremiah 29:11--

Think upon the good, hope for it to come soon, and forget the worries that come from those that find it hard to believe that God wouldn't lie to us.....

Fear is not love and God is love. He's not leaving any of us out of the world-to-come!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

nothing. but, jerusalem is not a city, it is creation and all that observes, all that observed, and all that shall observe.

define destroyed? show me if you can, take one thing and apply enough pressure to it, show me one thing that can be squeezed out of existance, please.

"lake of fire" is something other than what you may think it is.

4.Could this be true? www.hisremnant.org...

there is truth in everything, but that is a long read, i'll get back to it.

depends upon you. are you afraid of losing something, are you afraid of anything at all? because that is what our souls are for, to serve us and our truths. so, if you fear, then immediatley your soul will begin to seek out the truths to answer your fears. are you afraid of the unknown? well, how many unknowns could there be? this is why your soul (your highest speed connection with all creation) is counting upwards to determine the highest number. this is what your subconscious mind is working on, to conquer your fears. but without a willingness by you to conquer fears within your mind, then your mind will keep counting till it finds the last number. and when your soul has found the last number, you can have back the 99.999999997% of your brain that is being utilized to address your fears, and you can have your soul back, for the first time.
just a thought. perhaps you don't believe that their is a portion of your mind that will remain true to you, no matter what?

perhaps all the messengers of god/truth were on to something when they ALL said: "Be not afraid"???

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Greetings tormentor

Originally posted by UnrealZA
Yes, the lake of fire is eternal.

Those who rejected Jesus Christ will forever be in the Lake of Fire.

This theory already got smashed to pieces here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

for example:

...as I've already said; sin, pain, evil, hate, wrath, etc. are only finite things.

True that the wrath of God is not the same as the ignorant anger of humanoids, but the object of God's wrath must be impermanent(remember, only God is Eternal), so how could God have infinite wrath against something that is finite?

However, this doesn't mean that there is no hell.

Everybody pays what they owe.

Samael Aun Weor has taught that the Second Death is millions of times more bitter than bile, and that it is like a walk in park compared to the suffering that we could go through physically.

The Buddhists teach that one level hell consists of having molten metal poured into our mouths over and over.

Anyway...

Many self-proclaimed Christians may be very surprised to find, that they will eventually have to pay for Karmasaya and Kamaduro(fornication) regardless of how much they believe.

If the Soul is of the Eternal God, then obviously Hell must not be permanent(as only God is permanent).

Why would God have a part of Him/Her Self to eternally burn with agonizing pain for eternity? :shk:

And if the Soul is not permanent(as is God), then God's Wrath could not be Eternal if the object of His wrath is not eternal(meaning that the Soul is either permanent or it is not; and if it is permanent, then it is eventually purified of its sins, even if it has to spend eons in the Hell-realms in order for it to be purified as to return to the Perfect God).

Got it?

Good

[edit on 3-10-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

1.Whats the difference?

the second death is being introduced to the truth, for the first time, because your conscious mind can't handle the truth. why can't the conscious mind handle the truth? FEAR.

there is a worldwide system of control in place, already. your vanity, your pride, all the masks your fear's wear keep you ignorant of the truth of it all.

"sticks and stones may break my bones, but words shall never hurt me"

really?

"ALL FIB I BET"

ever wonder why you were soooo worried about your looks (loohcs) when you were in SKOOL (school)???

when you were 2 years old, you wanted:

"let me play with my toy"

why do we need the word "me" in that sentence, of course it is you who wants to play with the toy. same thing with the "my".

"let play with toy"

well, what else do you do with a toy, than "play with' it?

"let toy"

this is what a 2 year old wants most, right?

let us use this want to help potty train them. we'll name the crap basin something nice, and that a child would want ... .

let toy, no ..... . TOY LET

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

1.Whats the difference?

Good luck!

Here's the sane, non-fanatical answer:

Karma 4: The Wheel

...Samael Aun Weor has revealed to us the secret of the Buddha's Necklace: the mala of 108 beads. These beads represent the 108 lives we are assigned when we attain a human birth. We have 108 opportunities to awaken. And if we do not, we descend, we involute, back down the wheel.

So, if from life to life we do nothing but feed our desire, and react our of anger and jealousy, and live to support our vanity and pride, then we build tremendous formations in our minds, and we die... and we are reborn in accordance to the weight in our minds... and 108 times we do this...

Then nature has no choice but to balance the imbalance we created, by purifying our minds for us, by recycling us back down the wheel.

This is the Second Death, mentioned in the Bible and in the Egyptian Mysteries. This is Hell.

Hell is nature's recycling plant, where the Essence, that which is pure in us, is freed from the formations we have built around it. But nature, as you can observe in the processes of life all around us, works slowly...

So yes, it is painful to see the ugliness in our minds, the hatred in our hearts, but it is less painful than nature's way.

Presently, in the "Avitchi" (Hell) of the Black Moon, there exist millions of human beings who are paying terrible Karmas. The mind of the Magician becomes horrified when contemplating Lucifer (who is submerged within ardent fire and Sulphur).

The mind of the Magician becomes terrified when contemplating the famous Inquisitors from the Middle Ages, who are suffering in the fire which they made others once endure, and who are exhaling the same painful woes which they once made others exhale.

The soul of the Magician shakes with horror when contemplating the great tyrants of "war" who suffer their terrible Karmas in the Black Moon.

There we see Hitler and Mussolini suffering the martyrdom of the fire which they unleashed over defenseless cities.

There we see Abbadon, the angel of the Abyss, who suffers in the chains and bonds with which he martyrized others.

There we see Mariela, the great female Magician, embraced in the fire of her own evilness.

There we see Jahveh and Caiaphas (the supreme priest), both receiving the same torture of the cross on which they condemned the Master (Christ).

There we see the "Imperator," founder of the A.M.O.R.C. School of California, who is seized by the black magical "cord" or "rope" with which he and his followers bind their naive disciples. - Samael Aun Weor, Occult Medicine and Practical Magic

So the choice is: purify your own mind, or nature will do it for you. Those who do not purify themselves, who continue to create complications in the mind, by pursing desire, are purified by going back down the wheel, suffering through many successive existences

For more details, see this free online course:

World of Klipoth(Hell)

Regards

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hi queenannie

You make some very good points in your posts, of which I can't say I agree with every detail; but all-in-all they make much more sense than that "Eternal Hell" nonsense.

You quoted this:

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

That is a pretty significant statement, in relation to what the Fire of the Holy Spirit really is(the Power of Creation itself, found in the sexual glands in man(Yesod), and found in the throat(Daath) of God(the Word).

We can utilize the Sexual Energy(Fire) in a Chaste way, in order to Create the Soul(that Jesus said we will possess with patience, meaning that we don't own our Souls yet).

And if we don't choose the way of Chastity(meaning that we continue to allow fornication which is the orgasm, and also negative thoughts, words, and deeds), then the Fire of the Holy Spirit will destroy our sins in the Hell Realms, in a very long and painful way, which is the Second Death.

Regards

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hi Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
when you were 2 years old, you wanted:

"let me play with my toy"

why do we need the word "me" in that sentence, of course it is you who wants to play with the toy. same thing with the "my".

"let play with toy"

well, what else do you do with a toy, than "play with' it?

"let toy"

this is what a 2 year old wants most, right?

let us use this want to help potty train them. we'll name the crap basin something nice, and that a child would want ... .

let toy, no ..... . TOY LET

lol

I must say, your word-play is at least entertaining, and even useful at times(but to what degree, this time, I haven't determined yet).

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Same quote with commentary:

If any man's work(good deeds) shall be burned(through fornication), he shall suffer loss(because she or he will re-acquire heavy karma): but he himself(His Buddha Nature) shall be saved; yet so as by fire(either through pain in the Second Death, or through Consciously walking the straight, narrow Path of the Razor's Edge). - 1 Corinthians 3:15

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Hi queenannie

Hi, friend!

That is a pretty significant statement, in relation to what the Fire of the Holy Spirit really is(the Power of Creation itself, found in the sexual glands in man(Yesod), and found in the throat(Daath) of God(the Word).

I think, from what I have in my understanding, that it is not so much as sexual fire as it is the fire of creativity. The life source. The flame that burns within the precious stone (called love by some and Lucifer by most) - the torch that is both light and heat....the light that lights every man who comes into the world.

We can utilize the Sexual Energy(Fire) in a Chaste way, in order to Create the Soul(that Jesus said we will possess with patience, meaning that we don't own our Souls yet).

Right. Until that snake bite has no effect at all...and the snake is colored like the prismatic spectrum (and always awake and burning, 24/7) then we are still prisoners of the human condition. But the thing is this: all prisoners are prisoners because they do not have the key to their enclosure.

The key cannot be taken or obtained. It can only be received. And all it takes is one key in one hand....a hand that has been given both key and blessing....

And if we don't choose the way of Chastity(meaning that we continue to allow fornication which is the orgasm, and also negative thoughts, words, and deeds), then the Fire of the Holy Spirit will destroy our sins in the Hell Realms, in a very long and painful way, which is the Second Death.

I must be perfectly honest with you (at the risk of offending anyone who thinks sex is not something God ordained - if that is you, then skip the rest of my post because it is about sex being divine) on this idea...

What I understand fornication to be is that which is not built upon loyalty to those we love. Including God. Loyalty and fidelity eliminate all fornication. What is done for gain and for self is of a disloyal nature....we must be true to ourselves but loyal to those around us. Loyalty is not required for the self but that is one of the root causes of both greed and envy (which are the deadliest energies the human mind gives rise to!)

Those things which we do not chase for their own sake, but which come after we chased after the righteousness which is of God (meaning we seek to give love of all sorts and forget totally about what we might have....including rewards of a physical nature)....those things come later and they come with such abundance that it's almost something unbearable....

Just to love (other souls and also truth) is all it takes to unlock all things....both personally and in the universe....

Kabbala is one of the deepest esoteric approaches to truth, but study of any sort can never obtain what comes from following just one commandment (and not worrying about anything else):

Love your neighbor as yourself.

THAT is ALL anyone needs to do.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hi queenannie

Much of this is explained in the following few posts starting here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

The Sexual act is not dirty, it is Sacred.

Fornication(ejaculation/orgasm) is what is dirty.

In Buddhism, Bodhicitta(the Desire to acheive Liberation for the sake of ALL Sentient Beings) is esoterically, in one aspect, within the semen.

Bodhicitta (Sanskrit)

Literally, Bodhi means "enlightenment" or "wisdom." Citta means mind. The synthesis, bodhicitta means "the enlightened mind" or the "mind of wisdom." This term has many levels of application.

(1) In an introductory form, it is used to describe the altruistic intention to attain enlightenment for the benefit of suffering beings.

2) In Mahayana teachings it is an elevated state of awareness (prajna) which directly perceives Emptiness.

3) In Tantrism it refers to the seminal fluids of the body.

4) Samael Aun Weor often expresses the synthesis of the term, which combines all these meanings.

"The Bodhicitta is the awakened and developed superlative Consciousness of the Being. The Bodhicitta emerges in the aspirant who sacrifices himself for his fellowmen, long before the Mercurial bodies have been created... It is necessary for the Bodhicitta, which means the auric embryo, the awakened Consciousness, to fall into the Illuminated Void." - The Pistis Sophia Unveiled

"Obviously, before the Bodhisattva is born, the Bodhicitta must be formed within ourselves. Furthermore, it is important to clarify the necessity of disintegrating the ego, the “I,” in order for the Bodhicitta to emerge. The Bodhicitta is formed with the merits of love and supreme sacrifice for our fellowmen. The Bodhisattva is formed within the environment and psychological atmosphere of the Bodhicitta." - The Pistis Sophia Unveiled

The Power of God's Creation is in the sexual organs of Woman/Man in Yesod, in the physical body.

But the Sexual Power of God to Create in the Superior Dimensions, is in the throat of Adam Kadmon, in Daath(The Word).

Both are Sexual, the Male and Female principles of Deity interacting to Create.

So when we fornicate(reach orgasm), we release our Spiritual Power instead of Transmuting it.

Earthly desire(fornication) embottles Love within the sub, un and infraconsciousness.

Transmuted Desire makes way for God's Love to manifest through us, for the sake of All Sentient Beings.

www.gnosticteachings.org...

tol·er·ance:
1. The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.
2. a. Leeway for variation from a standard.
b. The permissible deviation from a specified value of a structural dimension, often expressed as a percent.
3. The capacity to endure hardship or pain.

The primary virtue of the Gnostic Teachings is Tolerance. (He who has an ear to hear, let him hear).

To truly embody the Gnostic Wisdom, you have to consciously and lovingly:

1. Recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others.
2. Not expect others to live according to your ideas.
3. Endure hardship or pain.

Tolerance is best learned in a marriage.

The perfect matrimony is one in which love has become perfected, in spite of our "differences."

If you cannot develop tolerance and love with a spouse, you cannot develop it with anyone.

If you cannot respect the beliefs of the one you love, how can you respect the beliefs of those you do not love? How can you learn to love those you do not respect?

Tolerance is a virtue of the consciousness. It is not just "to tolerate" the behaviors of others. Tolerance as a virtue is not just patience or indifference, it is respect.

When you respect the beliefs and practices of others, you treat them well and with care.

When you do not respect the beliefs and practices of others, you either try to change them to accept your beliefs and practices, or you reject them and ridicule them. Neither of these attitudes is conscious. Neither is Gnostic.

This is why those who criticize the beliefs and practices of others are violating the rules of the path.

(Transvaluation)

Superiority (pride) is another obstacle to awakening. Superiority breeds intolerance, and intolerance breeds criticism. The critic sees many Defects in others and fails to see any in himself. He is therefore blind to his own faults. So it is obvious that only when one puts oneself in another's place, and sees with their point of view, can the individual develop and learn tolerance towards others. The result of tolerance is then the disappearance and eradication of criticism.

To love is to respect. To try to change others by force, by manipulation, or by criticism is evil will, and is black magic.

My advice to couples: learn to accept your spouse as they are. If you seek to change anything, change yourself. Learn to love others just as they are.

Regards

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Now in relation to my last post, we also have to bear the following in mind(by the same author of the last external source I quoted):

Compassion

...Many of us have difficulty distinguishing between COMPASSION and TOLERANCE.

The Monks of Tibet who stood by while their comrades were killed and raped obviously suffered this conflict: they did not understand that ACTION is often superior to TOLERANCE.

To tolerate the ego of another person is vital at certain times; but in other cases it is a deadly mistake.

The Gods pass beyond GOOD and EVIL, even beyond this word "compassion." The Gods can appear terribly cruel, and yet they act through the light of the Christ.

Compassion manifests according to the Level of Being.

Do not mistake compassion with tolerance.

Best regards.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join