It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret NASA tape: The Challenger disaster Cover-up.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Today is the 25th anniversary of the Challenger space shuttle explosion (actually was a saturday morning then tho).
Let us take a moment to remember.
picture of the challenger explosion:

Challenger explosion

474x302 - 13kB - jpg
www.msnbc.msn.com

"The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of the final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy." John F. Kennedy

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
try this photo link:
msnbcmedia4.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
The Challenger audio tape is a fake and that has been known for some time. I would have figured just a little bit of thought would have revealed the myriad impossibilities of such a tape even existing...but apparently I figured wrong.

I'd like to add to this a couple of the reasons why that transcript is a fake; the astronauts were not wearing personal voice recorders. Cockpit audio that is not transmitted over comms is not recorded at all, which is why one astronaut I know who served as commander got away with getting his crew to sing "Monty Python" songs to lighten the mood prior to his launch while they were waiting in a hold. Furthermore, there was no power in the cockpit with which communications could have been transmitted; the fuel cells had been separated from the crew cabin at the moment of break-up of the craft, cutting power entirely. One of the reasons we know they lived long enough to realize what was going on is that some of the pilot's switches had been flipped in a way that indicates he was trying to restore cockpit power. Those were protected switches too, and tests showed that the g-forces of the crash would not have flipped them. If they had no power, there's no way their voices were going to be recorded by anything.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I still remember the TV coverage from 1986. It was announced on several channels during later part of the day/week that NASA did believe the crew survived the explosion but died upon hitting the water. The compartment was indeed intact.

What would have been nice is a parachute/compact rockets to slow the impact of the crew compartment/capsule. If NASA designed the capsule to be seperated in the event of an explosion then surely a parachute or compact rocket engines to slow them down before touching the water or land should also have been designed (unless it failed to work). This technology has been used heavily by Military to drop heavy payloads/specialized bombs.

I also believe the actual tape (if it indeed was legitimate tape) might not have been released to the general public as someone else mentioned before due to respect to the shuttle crew.

edit on 28-1-2011 by hp1229 because: Stupid typos

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
www.nukes.org..." border=0>

Americans are Guinea pigs and expendable you see? To realise that Great American Dream!

The hurry to 'conquer' the Moon before the then Soviet Union, resulted in giving short shrift to flight safety. The Soviets had to be beaten, whatever the cost.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by mikesingh]

Guinea pigs and expendable????? Citizens/non-citizens of any country are guinea pigs when they decide to board any flight or rocket. They do sign the appropriate papers before accepting the job. This is not the only space/military accident in the world. There have been countless. Science is beautiful and science at times is its own creator and destructor. Tragedy at times is a byproduct of Science.

The hurry to conquer the MOON??? The challenger disaster happened long after the Apollo Missions.
edit on 28-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join