It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

city on the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Greetings...i came across this picture that really baffles me because this looks to me is like a city... by the way this is in the moon...
any information regarding this would be appreciated.

here is the site:
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...

and i would also like to add that this site is great.

happy hunting

[edit on 25-9-2006 by hiwaga]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Looks like ordinary craters to me....

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Also looks like several shots of the same crater to me as well. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right spot? Could you direct me to where you see this city?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think the mass of the city is in the centre of the crater. It seems to have some sort of bubble design, very space age. I think. I think that's the city. And there's some roads coming out from it.

Doesn't look to be operational to me. Perhaps it's like a moon ruin. Perhaps from some past intelligent life on earth that has since been wiped out.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think the OP is referring to the concentric circles and intersecting lines coming out of the center.

However, I'm pretty sure these can be caused by normal meteor impact on the moon. Think of it like a chromatagraph, except with gravity instead of a paper filter or fire. After the initial impact, a shockwave is going to push minerals away in an expanding circle, away from a crater. The denser minerals are going to fall first, and the majority of them are going to be blown out roughly the same distance, which explains the first circle... the nextmost dense will be pushed out farther, because it is lighter, and so on and so forth.

In fact, these circles caused by rarification of minerals falling back to the moon after a meteoric impact might prove to be very useful when we get around to mining the moon for minerals.

As for the intersecting lines coming out from the center, my guess is one of two things, either heavy rocks being blown THROUGH the surface soil outward by the blast (effectively causing a trench), or rocks rolling towards the center from the depression made by impact.

Anyway, hope this helps. I don't think it's a city in any event.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Those are some very interesting photographs. However they can seem to be natrual occuring. They can possibly be cracks or fissures resulting from the impact as well as some other scars from cataclismic events.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
IMHO, those pictures of the "roads" make me start thinking that maybe John lear has good information...

looks like an old mine road...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
sorry for the delay in replying...the diff in time zone making me dizzy
anyway, those long lines looked like roads to me but seems very old and really looks abandoned.

but thelibra did clarify it to me...thanks

for a momemt there i thought John was right.....or maybe...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm new to this theory, this John Lear character has put out. Can someone provide links or give me some upfront background about what he believes those road-like objects are?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
I'm new to this theory, this John Lear character has put out. Can someone provide links or give me some upfront background about what he believes those road-like objects are?

John Lear

John Lear On John Lear

Questions for John Lear

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

Lunar Strip Mine in John Lear's Moon Photos??

jra

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiwaga
Greetings...i came across this picture that really baffles me because this looks to me is like a city... by the way this is in the moon...
any information regarding this would be appreciated.

Well the image quality is rather poor, so it makes it harder to see the details. I can't find these exact photos on other Apollo image sites, but i've seen similar ones to these, for example. There is this one from Apollo 15 of the Humbolt crater. www.hq.nasa.gov... and another of Gassendi from Apollo 16 www.hq.nasa.gov...

As you can see, it's filled with what looks like little rivers or trenches, which are called rille. This is what you're see in the Apollo 12 photos that look like little roads.

new topics

top topics

join