It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never stop for a red light again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Police, fire and rescue vehicles have had access to such equipment for years, but now the devices are becoming available to ordinary motorists thanks to advances in technology and a little help from the Internet. Safety advocates are outraged, and news accounts in Michigan last week led to politicians there seeking a ban on the gadgets.

"Every driver I know would like to have that power, but these devices could create serious safety hazards, not to mention the havoc they'd create at busy intersections where lights are carefully synchronized," said Sally Greenberg of Consumers Union.

Traffic light switcher

Now everyone will want one!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Bah, I ain't fillin' out no stinkin info form to view that.

I've been spammed with pop ups for that device.

I am sure the cops will gladly arrest you and take the item.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft

Police, fire and rescue vehicles have had access to such equipment for years, but now the devices are becoming available to ordinary motorists thanks to advances in technology and a little help from the Internet. Safety advocates are outraged, and news accounts in Michigan last week led to politicians there seeking a ban on the gadgets.

"Every driver I know would like to have that power, but these devices could create serious safety hazards, not to mention the havoc they'd create at busy intersections where lights are carefully synchronized," said Sally Greenberg of Consumers Union.

Traffic light switcher

Now everyone will want one!

Ha, must be some bull# if you have to sign up to be able to view the product. Plus I'm sure it would have been available A LONG time ago. So it's probably just some bull#.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Generally firetrucks have these deals -- they are like a strobe light basically and yes they do work ... cops will get pissed if they catch u though...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
....Eventually they will just create a new type of criminal act, it would likely be called "Moto-Terrorism",haw haw haw haw haw .
The legislation is there already.
Possession of a device such as this may be construed as intent to commit "moto-terrorism", and the company you buy it from may be a responsible third party and have it's assets seized.
Really, the legislation is there, you may very well hear of it being used that way soon.........

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by uNBaLaNCeD]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
And what happens if two of those (from different directions) AND a firetruck/police car hit the intersection at the same time?

I think I'll just stop and watch the wreck, thanks.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
it's been posted a while ago.

www.themirt.com...

There's 'actualy' no law that prevent ones from owning and using one of them, If I'm not mistaken.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Gee sounds like a great idea. Everybody should pull these out in rush hour traffic, then you can be sure to never get home.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have one of these, but it does just the opposite. I get stopped at every damn light!
My friends seriously think there's some sort of device in my vehicle that triggers the traffic light to turn red!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow i never knew about the emergency services having these things. Its a damn good idea but highly illegal im sure

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Best device next to a snooper (speed cam detector)

Do they work in the UK??

Where do i get one??

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I can just see two of the assholes everyone has to deal with on the road sitting at a light clicking them back and forth, all pissed at each other.

How fun would it be to get one of these and stand on a busy street corner, or maybe hide.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Think that would be fun....this is better

I belive you can get a small electronic device that you point at someone on a mobile phone (works over a distance but not too far) press the button and they get cut off, go into the stock exchange and have fun

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Kobyoshimaru]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This technology sounds a great deal like the backlash against radar detectors that began a number of years ago.

Does anyone know of people that have these things or where one can be bought? So far it just seems that the authorities have them (as it should be), but soon I expect that criminals would love to get their hands on them.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Mwhaa! That does sound fun. Get a laser pointer and stand on an overpass and point it in the eyes of various motorists....

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Honda is working on a device that automatically slows cars when approaching too closely to another vehicle. Make a device that you can point a car and make that device engage...hehe....it's gonna be interesting to see what else people can screw with while in traffic.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pherophile
Mwhaa! That does sound fun. Get a laser pointer and stand on an overpass and point it in the eyes of various motorists....

Tisk tisk....theres always one who goes too far

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Honda is working on a device that automatically slows cars when approaching too closely to another vehicle. Make a device that you can point a car and make that device engage...hehe....it's gonna be interesting to see what else people can screw with while in traffic.

Heres a good one....when we get drive-by-wire internet connected cars, drop a trojan into their car and drive it from your desktop (joke)

seriously though that break thing is not a good idea i don't want some one else putting on my brakes
boy racers nightmare

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kobyoshimaru

Originally posted by Pherophile

Tisk tisk....theres always one who goes too far

Thats me

For that brake thing, what about parallel parking? And if you can turn it off what if you forget to turn it back on?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes I have to agree with you, this is what I see coming, automatic driving in order to increase the density of traffic on already congested highways.

If we had such a system then everyone could be part of the transport system in the sense that liability would be minimized and safety more assured.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join