It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justified & Ancient says Hello

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

hmmmm , kkhunmoon , this is a worthy challenge , now I do speak some latin so that should not be too difficult .

Kveldulf , is that you ?

Sorry 23432, maybe I should express it more clear. I dropped out on my Latin class after a few months. Great in the meaning of THE Great. Lot of kings and emperors of the past had it attached. It's a danification - if you can say so - of the Latin.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

CLUE: if you can cross reference the disk shaped craft's propulsion system in which En-lil (sp?) rose to heavens , we are in business . ...I would say thorium to start with and go with diamagnetic mud.

Note: the metals referenced in 2 Kings 25 are brass, silver, and gold. The weightless "pillars" were made of brass - an alloy of copper and zinc. ...Copper, zinc, silver, and gold are all diamagnetic; diamagnetic zinc sulfate is affected by magnetic exposure.

Also note:

With an extremely powerful electromagnet, it's possible to diamagnetically levitate a living creature due to the water, protein, and DNA in it's body. See a levitating frog here!

...A large magnet above the small levitating magnet provides a lifting force to counteract gravity.

Also see: FUN WITH DIAMAGNETIC LEVITATION!

So the craft's (dia)magnetic properties are the key; it's essentially a "sailboat" designed to ride currents in the magnetosphere, then cosmic (electro)magnetic currents, like wormholes. ...Leaving aside questions about things like corrosion, hardness, melting points, conductivity and superconductivity. (BTW, are telluric lines of any use?)

The propulsion system is required mainly to propel the craft into or onto the currents, and prevent it from being repulsed.

Thorium is "a soft silvery-white tetravalent highly radioactive metallic element; atomic # 90, mass 232; and could be used as a replacement for uranium in nuclear power generation - uranium can be extracted from thorium. Thorium occurs in monazite sands - monazite is a primary ore of several rare earth metals most notably thorium, cerium (#58) and lanthanum.

The earth has lots of monazite, which can be used to generate nuclear power.

Also: Building a spaceship with diamagnetic properties, and using naturally occurring magnetic currents for diamagnetic "levitation" dramatically lessens the amount of power -and fuel- required for liftoff.

How am I doing?

Also of interest:

PDF: Wormhole Magnetic Fields
Wormhole Induction Propulsion (WHIP)
Wormholes and possible new physics in biological length scales

Magnetic Properties of Gold-Iron Alloys.
Highly diamagnetic susceptibility and compound formation in liquid cesium-gold alloys

And - We need to use the periodic table to decode the ancient texts. I suspect the atomic weight is what's important, not the atomic #.

(Note to self: Cesium = #55; Cerium = #58)

PS. Thank you. I haven't thought about most these things before, or studied or looked at much of the related information. I am learning a lot, and coming to not a few realizations. wow

ed to delete that wow icon. yuckie. and to add expl. re: periodic table

[edit on 27-9-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

SofiCrow

WOW !

As if you are remotely viewing my designs .

Now Anatolia is highly rich in Thorium reserves and I think in the past - prior to Gilgamish (sp?) settlement - , some people had certain uses for it , which is lost to us .

You are doing rather great Sofi !

Canada is actually on the cards , I do intend to fly out to Caribbean in the next coming 4 - 5 months.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Oh yeah, 23432

FYI:

HD 23432 - 21 Tauri, a blue dwarf in the Pleiades called Asterope, sometimes Sterope, with 22 Tauri, a white dwarf (HD 23441).

Most interestingly, the name Pleiades likely is derived from "plein," meaning "to sail," making Pleione "sailing queen" and her daughters "sailing ones." Also note: "The cluster's conjunction with the sun in spring and opposition in fall marked the start and end of the summer sailing season in ancient Greece."

Asterope is sometimes called the "lost Pleiade." ...In Greek mythology, the Pleiades are the seven daughters of Atlas who were metamorphosed into stars, also called the "Seven Sisters"; the Japanese name is "Subaru"; the Persian name is "Soraya."

Am I right?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Het 23432,

Your focus on thorium highlights one of our day's major crises - the fuel crisis. We are faced with a cunundrum: destroy the environment, or produce weapons grade uranium.

All the evidence suggests that civilizations destroy their environments, very quickly. And speaking of Gilgamesh, some scientists say the Epic of Gilgamesh is about deforestation:

What constrained the proliferation of the Bronze Age, however, was lack of fuel, just like our current crisis. Richard Cowen describes the situation well in his essay on the Bronze Age:

...perhaps the most famous documentation of the shortage of wood around the ancient Mediterranean is the Epic of Gilgamesh ... Stripped of sex and violence, the Gilgamesh epic is about deforestation. Gilgamesh and his companion go off to cut down a cedar forest, braving the wrath of the forest god Humbaba, who has been entrusted with forest conservation. It's interesting that Gilgamesh is cast as the hero, even though he has the typical logger mentality: cut it down, and never mind the consequences. The repercussions for Gilgamesh are severe: he loses his chance of immortality, for example. But the consequences for Sumeria were even worse. It's clear that the geography and climate of southern Mesopotamia would not provide the wood fuel to support a Bronze Age civilization that worked metal, built large cities, and constructed canals and ceremonial centers that used wood, plaster, and bricks. ...The loss of Gilgamesh's immortality may be a literary reflection of the realization that Sumeria could not be sustained.

Theodore Wertime suggested that massive deforestation of the eastern Mediterranean began about 1200 BC, for construction, lime kilning, and ore smelting. Probably it began earlier in the drier regions further east. King Hammurabi's laws (around 1750 BC) carried the death penalty for unauthorized felling of trees in Mesopotamia. The problem may have been even worse in intensive metal-working regions like Anatolia. Metal smelting and forging had been going on in Anatolia for at least 3000 years by 1200 BC. ...Copper smelting needs a great deal of fuel, especially if the ore supply is dominantly sulfide. ...On a time scale longer than 10 years, however, a Bronze Age copper mining operation must have caused local deforestation on a large scale, and ever-increasing costs for hauling the wood to keep the industry going.

Alternatively, nuclear power has other dangers. Thorium, for example, can't be used in weapons. BUT. Thorium is the parent of a long series of elements produced by radioactive decay. For example, when thorium is used in a nuclear reactor, it 'decays' into uranium-233, which does not exist in nature - but which is "an excellent weapons-grade material, in many respects superior to plutonium."

Canadian nuclear lobbyists often refer to the "thorium cycle" as an alternative to the "plutonium economy." By itself, thorium -- which is more plentiful than uranium -- cannot be used to build an atomic bomb or to fuel a nuclear reactor. However, when thorium is placed inside a nuclear reactor, it "breeds" a new substance called uranium-233, which does not exist in nature. If the thorium is then reprocessed, the uranium-233, can be separated from the rest of the radioactive garbage and used as a reactor fuel. But uranium-233 is also an excellent weapons-grade material, in many respects superior to plutonium. Thus the thorium cycle in no way avoids the security problems associated with a plutonium economy. In January 1982, AECL announced plans to build a laboratory at Varennes, Quebec, to produce uranium-233 as an "artificial substitute" for natural uranium.

I've been having fun here. But I'll be taking a break now.

Why don't you tell us more about yourself, and where this game is going?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi SofiCrow

I have to go out now but tonight I shall post more .

In the mean time www.youtube.com...

it's a PG song with melodies & harmonies which are interesting .

All this is going somewhere but I do not know the final destination . As I have stated before , 23432 is significant , related , rooted all around the world , thru out the time .

In Canada , there is an occurence of 23432 .

Local Indiands in Hawaii use the combination of 23432 just like the Caucasians in Caucasia use 23432 .

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So 23432 is not Asterope?

...? I can't let it go. Seems too perfect.

But apparently you are looking for something else.

LOVE the music and the video. Thank you. Do you have a translation?

Back to Gilgamesh...

My first question:

If humans had access to the Gods' technology, why did the Babylonians rely on wood to power their civilization? And destroy their environment in the process? ...Were they simply trying to 'recreate' the past? Without the needed technology?

The Gilgamesh Epic is about deforestation according to scientists like Richard Cowen, but viewed from a different angle...

Gilgamesh's tale is about him trying to find and use the "Gods' " technology that survived the great flood - or to recreate it.

Apparently, the Gods came back after the flood - and there were several factions/races. Gilgamesh was a designer-baby who was "two-thirds god, and one-third human," created by Aruru.

Whose name, from the day of his birth, was called "Gilgamesh"?
Two-thirds of him is god, one-third of him is human.
The Great Goddess [Aruru] designed(?) the model for his body
she prepared his form ...
... beautiful, handsomest of men,
... perfect

But the Gods were holding out: Humans were not educated, or given the Gods' "secrets." Gilgamesh was on his own to rebuild civilization.

Gilgamesh is awesome to perfection.
It was he who opened the mountain passes,
who dug wells on the flank of the mountain.
It was he who crossed the ocean, the vast seas, to the rising sun,
who explored the world regions, seeking life.
It was he who reached by his own sheer strength Utanapishtim, the Faraway,
who restored the sanctuaries (or: cities) that the Flood had destroyed!
... for teeming mankind.

So Gilgamesh spends his life working his butt off.

In the end, after his best friend Enkidu's death, Gilgamesh recognizes his own mortality, and can't accept it.

He sets out to find Utnapishtim/Utanapishtim, (Noah?), whom Enlil made immortal like the Gods. He wants Utnapishtim to give him the secret of immortality. Utnapishtim lives at "Far-Away," across the sea, and beyond the "Waters of Death."

There is a "ferry" to Far-Away, but no one is allowed to use it except Utanapishtim and a guy named Shamash. The ferryman's name is Urshanabi.

The tavern-keeper spoke to Gilgamesh, saying:
"There has never been, Gilgamesh, any passage whatever,
there has never been anyone since days of yore who crossed
the sea.
The (only) one who crosses the sea is valiant Shamash, except
for him who can cross!
The crossing is difficult, its ways are treacherous--
and in between are the Waters of Death that bar its approaches!
And even if, Gilgamesh, you should cross the sea,
when you reach the Waters of Death what would you do!
Gilgamesh, over there is Urshanabi, the ferryman of Utanapishtim.

Gilgamesh tries to force Urshanabi to take him to Utanapishtim.

Oddly, Gilgamesh totally takes for granted the ability make the long journey and cross the "Waters of Death" - to travel quickly and easily over long distances. He seems to have no idea there is technology involved, never mind what it might be.

In his ignorance, he smashes the "stone things" needed to make the journey when he attacks Urshanabi.

Urshanabi spoke to Gilgamesh, saying:
"It is your hands, Gilgamesh, that prevent the crossing!
You have smashed the stone things,' you have pulled out their
retaining ropes (?).
'The stone things' have been smashed, their retaining ropes (!)
pulled out!

So Gilgamesh lives in a world where people are aware of immortality - they know "Gods" are immortal, but immortality is denied to humans.

At the same time, easy long-distance travel is so 'normal' that Gilgamesh does not even wonder how it might be possible, or what is needed to make it happen.

Hmmm.

PS. I skated the surface of mythology a few lifetimes ago. Obviously I need to get back to it and do some serious studying. Thanks again 23432, for getting me started.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Okay 23432, I better see some really substantial posts from you soon, or I'm gonna take my ball and go home.

Back to the I Ching:

I am interested in the I Ching as a systems model - one which describes elements and their characteristics, relationships and potential interractions - and the relationships and interractions between various systems that make up the larger whole. Intrinsic to the model is the concept of dynamic change.

Conceptually, the I Ching can be understood to describe "ages" or cycles, which may be applied to astrophysics, geophysics, chemistry, molecular biology, and quantum physics - cycles within cycles as it were, and the human experience framed by external events.

Each "age" gives rise to the next exponentially - accommodating the birth of new elements with different characteristics and qualities - and implies changing dynamics, relationships, and interractions. The Ching also accommodates the idea of contraction or devolution - the "dark" side of the model.

For example, if the I Ching correlates accurately to the periodic table by atomic number, then:

Age 1: Started with nothing, 0, and the 'birth' of hydrogen (element #1);
Age 2: Started with (the 'breeding'/birth of) helium, and ended with (the 'breeding'/birth of) lithium (elements 2 & 3);
Age 3: Started with beryllium, ended with nitrogen (elements 4-7);
Age 4: Started with oxygen, ended with phosphorus (elements 8-15);
Age 5: Started with sulfur, ended with gallium (elements 16-31);
Age 6: Started with germanium, ended with europium (elements 32-63).

Age 7 started with the appearance of gadolinium (#64), and will end with the appearance of a 127th element.

The "contraction" refers to various processes of "decay" and devolution.

At the same time, correlating the I Ching to the periodic table by the number of electrons might describe different relationships, potential interractions and possibilities.

While some ancient texts carry a code that explains how things work, and how to make or do things, many of these codes relate to different cycles, so the wisdom does not apply.

Unfortunately, it is not enough to decode a "formula." The right knowledge must be applied in the right time. So one must find the calendar too, identify the relevant cycle and determine the formula's place in the larger scheme of things.

fyi - I'm thinking we are entering a new cycle where the dynamics/rules are changing... Most likely, formulas created for a pre-Gilgamesh world no longer achieve the same effect.

PS. If anyone here is able and interested in helping me to animate the Ching's various cycles, please let me know. I can explain the design, and create the legends, but don't have the skills to do the animation.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join