It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jihad Car Sale!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
If you can't counter the argument, try to throw doubt on the source to get your agenda across, eh?

You didn't source anything. Your entire post was conjecture.

I'm assuming you're aware of the original reason for founding CAIR. Hamas set them up in conjunction with Saudi Arabia as a PR machine for the west to paint a good face on blowing up women and children.

I'd like to see sources on that. Plus, if your basis for CAIR having to do with terrorism involves Saudia Arabia, then such an assertion would implicate many governments and organizations as having terrorist dealings, including the US government itself. Is that the kind of relationship you are trying to make?

[edit on 28-9-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I would totally buy a car there!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm just lurking around.

But I felt compelled to post how much i'm enjoying the banter on the thread..

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ooo, thanks for the bump, I forgot about this thread!

Jahmun, the source you attempted to discredit was me when you insinuated I was lying.

As to the info on CAIR, it's going to take some time to dig it up. As to the Saudi thing, I bring it up because it seems everyone except Bush thinks Saudi Arabia is a major sponsor of terror, with many, many ties to terror groups. Beyond that, though, CAIR seems to recognize this because they deny (then, for a moment admit before denying again) they get money from Saudi Arabia. I do have sources available on that:

The denial
The Truth

Then, of course, there's donations from terror groups

Unfortunately, the article linking WAMY to jihad camps in Ontario is no longer available at the original source, but you can read it quoted here

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

CAIR seems to recognize this because they deny (then, for a moment admit before denying again)

Is it being run by Kerry?

Couldn't resist...

Semper

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejakeAs to the Saudi thing, I bring it up because it seems everyone except Bush thinks Saudi Arabia is a major sponsor of terror, with many, many ties to terror groups. Beyond that, though, CAIR seems to recognize this because they deny (then, for a moment admit before denying again) they get money from Saudi Arabia.

Why don't you see what's really in your sources? Your entire basis for CAIR having terror ties is because they receive money from a Saudi prince named Alwaleed ibn Talal. You claim this represents "terror groups".

If you think Alwaleed ibn Talal is a terrorist/terrorist group?, then again you bringing much heavier accusation than just against CAIR. Let's see how many more groups would be implicated as having terrorism ties from your remarks:

The Prince's activities as an investor came to prominence when he bought a large tranche of shares in Citicorp in the 1990s when that firm was in difficulties. He has also made large investments in AOL, Apple Computer, Worldcom, Motorola, News Corporation Ltd and other technology and media companies.

His real estate holdings have included large stakes in the Four Seasons hotel chain and the Plaza Hotel in New York; he sold half of his shares in the latter in August 2004 and invested it back in London's Savoy Hotel and Monaco's Monte Carlo Grand hotel. He holds a 10% stake worth $30 million in Euro Disney SCA, the organization which manages and maintains the Disneyland Resort Paris in Marne-la-Vallee, France.

In January 2005 he purchased the Savoy Hotel in London for an estimated GBP £250 million, and it will now be managed by Fairmont Hotels in which Prince Al-Waleed owns an estimated 16%. In January 2006 in partnership with the American real estate firm Colony Capital, Kingdom Holdings acquired Toronto, CA-based Fairmont Hotels for an estimated $3.9 billion.
In 2002, Prince Al-Waleed donated $500,000 to the George Herbert Walker Bush Scholarship Fund, established by the Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, to honor former President George H. W. Bush.
In July 2005, he donated $20 million to the Louvre Museum, the largest gift ever to the world's largest museum. It will help to fund the construction of a wing for the Louvre's vast collection of Islamic art.
In December 2005, Prince Al-Waleed donated $20 million each to both Harvard University and Georgetown University. The donations will finance Islamic studies at both universities. The $20 million to Georgetown is its second largest donation in history and among the 25 largest for Harvard.
He has also taken a notable pro-American stance, backed up by his $10 million financing of American study programmes at the American University in Cairo.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is the same Saudia prince that also owns over 5% of News Corp (which owns FOX news).

I didn't realize how many organizations would now have ties to terror from your remarks. Did you? Did you even really know who you were calling a terrorist, or did the fact that he was part of the Saudi royal family suffice?

By the way, what does WAMY have to do with CAIR?

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Jamuhn]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join