It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel sorry for the spider I killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Last night I was going to get a drink from my bathroom and I saw a small innocent spider climbing up its line and trying to make a web. My first thought was that I dont want it popping out when I shower. I got closer to it and it reminded me of an orb weaver. It was scared because it first tried to climb up and excape but then it did what most bugs do, pretend to be dead by not moving. So then I took two peices of toliet paper and clapped it and then flushed it down the toliet. Now I think of it and I regret I did that because it was just an harmless hungary spider trying to spin a web to get food. And it would only do that at night so why bother to kill it?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
hm I've done the same and then regret it. I don't like spiders at all.. They freak me out. It doesn't matter how small and harmless they are. I don't want them to crawl on me and I don't want to swallow them when I'm sleeping (whether that's a myth or not). I don't know why you killed the spider but I understand. I try to get them out of the window. Just put them outside but when they keep escaping most likely I'll kill them just because they freak me out. It's bad because they don't really harm anybody..

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
i hate spiders and each time i see one in my house the first thing comes to mind kil kill kill it
so i stamp on it or use a rolled up news paper and ifs a big one nothing beats the linx and the lighter to burn it

yes i am evil when it comes to spiders

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
don't feel sorry..they're evil!!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You have to ask yourself do you want a house overrun by spiders or a house overrun by flys (the most disgusting creature in the world IMO). I leave spiders alone but I get rid of daddy long legs with a toilet roll tube crushed at one end so it cant get out and a bit of paper covers the hole it got in and throw it out the window.
Daddy long legs are so annoying but they are funnily stupid coz their not afraid to keep bumping into your face while you sit and type stuff on ATS.
Flys eat s**t!!!! let the spiders have em!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
After being bit a few dozen times by various spiders I declare Jihad on all biting insects.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My house infact actually did get overun by flys which was the most disgusting thing anyone can go through. It was like they were servants to the lord of the flys who is the devil. I missed out of my USA celebration 4th of July during my brutal 2 full day long onslaught on the fly inferior. I smacked them out of the air with anger and slapped them when they were on the table or counter so hard that they would be nothing more than flattened out purple and black smudge. Lol because I slapped them so hard, the fly swatter is permantly bent. Now because it was like they were being controlled by the devil, every time I would kill 1 in the basement I will find exactly (now I am dead serious and do not think I am lying and this happened for like 6 hours) 2 more flys coming out of the same spot in the basement. I had my basement door closed and all windows shut. There were like 10 dead bodies of those disgust dispicable creatures lying there. When I was a kid I would also kill them brutaly by first spraying them with different house cleaners which burns them and then disabling their wings (not by pulling them off but by lightly hitting them.) And also these flys are like the devil because they would fly around you and make you very annoyed. Now that behavior is different than what I have seen. Now dont think I'm crazy because if you had a house full of over 100 flys and they were in every room (besides mine because I always kept the door shut) then wouldnt you make your own mercyless onslaught on the insect which everyone loaths and despises?

[edit on 28-9-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There are black widows where I live but they are afraid of humans.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I personally think spiders dont want anything to do with humans. They come into our housed because they like the warmth from the cold and the cool from the hot. Plus they make good pest killers if you let them live but the I killed this one because I didnt want it in my shower when I'm showering.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't go gunning for any insect that doesn't go gunning for me.
I think all these creatures have a place in the chain, and as a human, they really don't bother me. If they are in the house, I put them out. If they're in my face, I brush them away. But I don't kill them.

Spiders have a roll to play, and for the most part, that roll is to our benefit.

Long live the spiders...........

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If I havent embarked on a Total Annihilation amongst the flys (I rid them by killing off every last one of them) then the would of multiplied like crazy and it would be like Africa when the rain pours too much.

new topics

top topics

join