It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The legality of cannabis.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Big ups especially to chissler and TONE23 for their excellent comments.

Despite being at what was considered the #1 party college in the '70s, I've never been a pot user. But I've been around a lot of people that were. And I can unequivocally state it's significantly more pleasant to be at a party with a group of stoners than a group of drunks. I've never been in a physical altercation with someone who was stoned.

Anectdotal evidence aside, the facts are clear that the damage inflicted on our society by the "war on drugs" is significantly greater than the adverse effects of marijuana on users as a group. Logic doesn't lead us to a prohibition on marijuana. Neither does scientific fact. It's a political reality specifically, and has no more justification (and I could argue, less) than the 16th Amendment's prohibition of alcohol.

I want it legalized, not so I can use it (I'm a beer/burbon/scotch/gin guy), but because I believe our society as a whole would benefit from legalization. Prohibition of a substance that is in general and widespread demand never works.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Much appreciation on those kind comments yeahright. Thank you.

Legalization would have alot of benefits and the government could squeeze every dollar out of it like they do everything else.

My one problem is the idea of making it even more accessible (Not that it is not already) to younger kids. The loss of ambition caused by this drug does concern me and the idea of making it more open can be a problem. But as anything does, strict regulations would make an effort to prevent this problem.

The ups and downs would be continous, but the drug would become much safer and trusting.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I just read an article that constitutes the resuscitation of this thread....

Nevada Marijuana Initiative

It looks like weed is going to become legal in Nevada.

If it passes Nov. 7, Nevada will be the first state to allow adults to possess up to an ounce of pot that they could buy at government-regulated marijuana shops.

If this does go through, and with Nevada's views on gambling and prostitution I don't see why it won't, this could be the beginning of a transition stage between marijuana being illegal to being legal...

A sort of government guinea pig to see if it'll work. It looks like there is going to be a tax on it though. I'm sure if this does pass, crime will also drop because cops won't have to be bothered with petty marijuana related misdemeanors.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You have voted TONE23 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Its a tough stance to defend without breaking rules, my man. I'm impressed. Keep fighting the good fight.

ape

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
tone23 good information, before i regged I was browsing and came upon this thread, I was going to reg just to challenge chissler but you did all the typing for me ;-).

anyone who believes government sources really need to get a reality check, independent studies have proven them to be frauds, the FDA recently announced that MMJ had ' no medical benefits' which totally goes against all current known research, its obvious an agenda is at play here, if cannibus and hemp were legalized not onyl would big px lose out but big timber, oil, alcohol and tobacco would lose out on the massive profits they already generate, they are also the main lobbyist to keep it illegal.

basically the big corporations are protectin their investments by maniupulating the government and the current laws. it makes no sense to keep it illegal, the only people who profit from this are the entities pointed out above and the private prison system.

not to mention I have seen chemo patients not able to hold down food or gain appetite because of the chemo treatments and all of the overpriced pills shoved down thier throats to help then 'gain appetite' only for them to regurgiate the pills. then once they smoke a J they are eating like wild beasts, gaining weight and holding food down. it's all about money.

also as previously pointed out by a member that whole argument to justfiy it being illegals because it's 'dangerous' to smoke is BS, just vaporize.

oh and hemp seed oil is one of the healthiest cooking oils known to man, and the biomass of hemp is greater than both corn and surgar can making it the best candidate to produce ethenol, which could be produced in seasons in MASS and in some places all year round. it also rejuvinates the landscape it's grown on, so if landscape where hemp was planted could not grow farms products or other crops previously once hemp is planted and removed the land is fertile.

why do u think farmers are massivly pushing for legalisation? infact I think hemp has been made legal for farmers 'industrialized hemp'.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by ape]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join