It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Identification of U.S. Soldier Missing in Action from World War I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is quite an amazing story.

www.defenselink.mil...

Can you imagine the family's reaction. There's really nothing in the report that states anything about that. Just that he will be burried in Arlington next Tuesday. I wonder who in his family is still alive that knew him? They must really be sideswiped by this. Great story

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
that sounds like a story that i'd really like to read. unfortunately you link isn't working...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Theres a story here in the washington post, i assume it's the same one? link it's unusual for soldiers from this era to be identafied (sp) there was a documentary on UK tv a while ago that stated that people search the battle fields and when they find items near bodies ect they very often take them and sell them on places like ebay, even though these can be the only items that may be able to give the identaty of the victim

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
ah. thanx
yeah that is amazing!
though it does kind of make me feel empty a little. going off to some foreign country dying without even a body to leave the family. then whatever's left of your family fades away into pages of history. even though it happens all the time, still..
well, at the very least he gets some recognition for his service.

new topics

top topics

join