It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Background Image Size

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Is there a width / Height restriction on the background image in addition to the 50k size limitation? I would like to create a wallpaper that is 180 pixels wide by maybe 800 pixels tall so it won't repeat, regardless of the size of any posts I might make.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I recommend a width of 195 if you don' t want anyone to see a repeated image.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If you make it, say, 500 pixels long, then all your posts will be a minimum of 500 pixels long, no? Even if its all empty space.

Since KL has been doing a great job of using images for backgrounds (as opposed to avatars for images), I'd follow his recommendation, it will probably give you enough to tend to not repeat, while not making your posts mostly empty 'filler' space.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If you make it, say, 500 pixels long, then all your posts will be a minimum of 500 pixels long, no? Even if its all empty space.

I think it may cut off when your post ends. If your post runs long enough to show it all it would, but the image itself would not extend the post.

Lysergic's comes to mind I believe. When he posts something that extends, we normally see a charachter in some sort of meditiation position. On shorter posts, everything looks normal.

I maybe wrong but I don't think the length of it affects your posts.

Maybe KL could fill us in.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I maybe wrong but I don't think the length of it affects your posts.

Maybe KL could fill us in.

The length won’t affect your posts.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
See, I made my background long enough to cover most of my posts.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Excellent! Thanks for the (quick) responses! Looks like kinglizard did exactly what I am trying to do - have a background that doesn't repeat.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
While several others here have covered most every aspect, I just felt the need to address background-image height.

My current background is somewhere around 165 X 3500. The 165 is a bit shy at times, but the design can slightly repeat (vertically) with no ill effect. In my opinion, the height should be well above 800 pixels, unless you rarely post over a paragraph or two.

Initially I used 1500 pixels for the height of the background, but found that in posts where I had included several quotes or multiple images I was still getting vertical repeats. Since I've gone with 3500 pixels in height, I've yet to see a repeat.

The difference in file size [1500 -vs- 3500 height] is negligible as I simply fill the additional space with a solid background-color.

Hope this helps any or all.

$.02

[?sp] rassin frassin sausage fingers

[edit on 9/22/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

join