It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can't Insult Bush Only We Can!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
In a surprising turn of events, and one I personally find almost amusing, after President Hugo Chavez came to the United Nations building and spoke to the General Assembly, and of course calling Bush the devil. That is not surprising, what is though is who is backing Mr. Bush and for what reasons? Well that is where it gets interesting....

"You don't come into my country; you don't come into my congressional district and you don't condemn my president," Rep. Charles Rangel, D-New York, scolded Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

Wow, one of Bushes greatest critics backing Bush up from the big bad bully that is Chavez! The Democrats could have followed up on Chavez and said something along the lines of Bush deteriorating international relations, isolating us off from the rest of the world and being out of touch with world leaders. Instead patriotic pride and of course not liking that Chavez makes fun of Bush far better then they could, they yell back to Chavez "Hey, you can't say that only we can!"

Isolated incident? Nah, more surprises this wasn't one man trying to get buddy buddy with voters and the white house.....

Bush's domestic foes fumed Thursday.

Right on patriots! Show some respect when you enter a mans house and understand only the members of the household are allowed to insult the head of the house!

Some further commentary by the President of Venezuela, you have to admit for a President he sure has a sense of humor, although a little off, a bit weird, not exactly making his point and the self presentation gets an F, at least lets us in good ol USA know we could be worse off!

"He walks like this cowboy John Wayne," said Chavez. "He doesn't have the slightest idea of politics. He got where he is because he is the son of his father. He was an alcoholic, an ex-alcoholic. He's a sick man, full of complexes, but very dangerous now because he has a lot of power."

Congrats to the Dem's for defending your commander in chief, your nation, your pride and your nations pride and also your sole ability to make fun of Bush. After all.. we put up with the man we deserve the privileged right to make fun of him our selves!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I loved how every bit of vitriole coming from Rangel's mouth could be applied to American foreign policy across the planet!

How dare the United States come into other countries and tell their governments how to run their own nation? Dont they know it's considered rude to tell a sovereign nation and it's leaders what to do? Or to ridicule or belittle them?

What a crock

You reap what you sow im afraid. And the "judging other nations and their leaders" harvest looks like a bumper crop this year!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Oops, I forgot my source link! CNN Don't Bash Bush!

Subz I agree that international leaders have the right to say what ever they want to our president while in this country, or anywhere else for that matter. The problem we are focusing on is another world leader called our president the Devil... but no one seems to care that we have done so much around the world, lost so much respect, that a man would actually call Bush the devil. That is what we should be more concerned about.

[edit on 9/22/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am surprised no one had any more comments on this?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Chavez is a smooth operator he preaches to the choir with the choir being people that are so fed up with the Bush admin that they let there emotions overide logic. When anybody criticizes Chavez hid defenders will point out how he gives access to low cost oil to people on low incomes.

I dont understand why the likes of Rangel have a problem with Chavez criticizing Bush . Although It is a wise move for the Dems to distance themselvs from Chavez.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It appears to me that Chaves may have been trying to reach liberals in America, so that maybe a few fence sitters wil vote Dem in the next elections, but the Dems knowing better will of course try and distance them selves from someoen the average American sees as insane.

top topics

join