It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Secured Support From Pakistan by Threatening to Bomb

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Actually it had everything to do with the topic.

Bullying, and its acceptance as a mode of behaviour, is a part of the authoritarian mind set. That's the relevance. I thought I spelled it out in the previous post.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Bullying? Oh I see now, we were bullying them.
Ok thanks for telling me that.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
well westpoint, technically we prolly are. Threats to make them do something, whether it be making them become our allies or otherwise is still bullying them. Which is exactly why I brought up backstabbing before.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Uhm ...

Perhaps, we should be looking beyond or behind ... this is old news regardless of "time of release". No?

Over 5 years later and We are Just Now hearing of and Debating this?

Personally, I don't give a rat's rear-end as to the how's or why's regarding what FORMER deputy secretary of state Richard Armitage said to Musharraf, back in '01. What is, is what is, and we are where we are Now.

Admittedly, this seems as nothing more than a public diversion to focus attention on that which was proclaimed by Armitage [5 years ago], in order to deflect that which was spoken by the POTUS just days ago.

[paraphrased] If it is determined that UBL is within your boundaries, we will enter and execute at will, whether you like it or not"[/paraphrased]

Surprisingly enough, Musharraf is available and "in-town" within hours/days for a backslap and handshake to "make cozy", all under the guise of clarifying relations and airing out the rug, per se.

Sorry. I see the Entirety of this "situation" as a non-issue "brought to light", and made quite "the issue", all too conveniently.

$.02

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That last reply of WP23's qualifies under headings 2, 3 and 7. Thanks for fulfilling my expectations on this so gratifyingly.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by rich23]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hum. . . I think I will buy his book or at least I will sit and browse over it and see if is worth it.

But I was right, when it comes to middle east so called US friendly countries, they are all bribe into friendship.

How sad.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Thanks for fulfilling my expectations on this so gratifyingly.

My pleasure, I wont shy away from what I think because of how you may categorize it.

And Marge to paraphrase a relevant line, 'there are no friends or allies, only interests.'

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Talking Pakistan in a nuclear context, one also has to talk India.

The unprecedented Nuclear-deal Bush in July 2005 struck with India's Manmohan Singh proved to be an exceptional by-pass of the Non-Profilation Treaty. The deal allows India to obtain dual-use nuclear technology, materials and equipment that could be used to enrich uranium or reprocess plutonium, potentially creating the material for nuclear bombs. Only condition was to accept IAEA inspections - of facillities of India's own choice.

See, THAT's politics of INTERESTS. The US calls it a landmark agreement on civilian nuclear energy cooperation.

Other countries who never signed the NPT protocol, like Pakistan, Israel, N. Korea, now have a precedence to legaly by-pass that protocol. Beware of the arms race.

It's madman's policies, and the interest of this one in particular, as dunkindonuts rightly have noticed, are of a white-skinned, white-collar elite of judaic-christian origen, whose names and faces we shall never know.

Sons always pay for the sins of their fathers.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Musharraf has to say this.He can't come right out and say he supports the US.By saying this he remains in good standing.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

washingtonpost.com

Bush met at the White House with Pakistan's president, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, who assured the U.S. president of his desire to root out the Taliban and other extremists. The visit came amid controversy over Musharraf's claims in a forthcoming memoir that the Bush administration threatened to bomb Pakistan "to the Stone Age" if it failed to cooperate with the United States against al-Qaeda and the Taliban after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

[...]

Bush is scheduled to meet Tuesday with Afghan President Hamid Karzai, who has complained repeatedly about Pakistan offering a haven to Taliban militants conducting armed attacks inside his country.

And in a twist from Bush's normal practice, the three leaders are then planning to dine together at the White House on Wednesday, part of what White House aides described yesterday as an effort to build a better long-term relationship between two key allies in the U.S. battle against al-Qaeda and other Islamic extremist groups.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Welcome, meet the family.

[edit on 23/9/06 by khunmoon]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

And Marge to paraphrase a relevant line, 'there are no friends or allies, only interests.'

I can not argue with that one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join