It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrared Cameras~Seeing UFO's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
According to this theory, the UFO's are invisible unless you filter away visible light

You don't need to filter away visible light, if there is an ir emitting object you'll see it whether you use a filter or not.
If your camera is able to see into the ir spectrum.

[edit on 2006/9/29 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Caught a black dot moving upwards into the sky today. Unlike any bird I have seen. I only captured a couple of seconds on tape sadly as it was really difficult to find it in the viewfinder of the camera, you can see it after the airplane has passed by in this tape here:

www.youtube.com...

The object moved straight upwards until I could not see it anymore, unlike any bird I have seen.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
Caught a black dot moving upwards into the sky today. Unlike any bird I have seen. I only captured a couple of seconds on tape sadly as it was really difficult to find it in the viewfinder of the camera, you can see it after the airplane has passed by in this tape here:

www.youtube.com...

The object moved straight upwards until I could not see it anymore, unlike any bird I have seen.

Congrats on your capture!
One of the nice things about being able to limit the light wavelength is that it will really make areas drowned out by the ambient light become more defined. I also mix it up sometimes by turning on my 'negative effect' (camcorder feature) along with the IR filter to help me find objects. Once they're found, you can switch the 'feature' mode back to normal (with effects off).

You'll find that a whole differant perspective opens up when using a IR filter.

I was just reading about some researchers that want to install 4 webcams facing North, South, West, and East from on top of their roof. The feed would go into their PC displaying and recording in a four window view. They wanted to manipulate their webcams to utilize Infrared. I'm hoping to hear from them as I emailed them a few days back. So I'll try to keep the thread aprised of any success or failures on their part as the project is just now being undertaken and starting to move forward as a real experiment.

Wishing you continued success,
John

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm going to be using a high quality still camera to capture these (with my Hoya lense). All of the video is great and exciting - but I want to capture some detail.. if I can. I'll let you know what happens, might take a long time.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Acharya said:
According to this theory, the UFO's are invisible unless you filter away visible light, thus only being left with the IR light 780 nm++?

Sorry I missed this query. I can not in truth answer that question as from what I understand and from what I've personally researched is that much of this depends on the type of UFO/Craft. Other thoughts are that depending on whether or not a Ufo/Craft are in certain stages (IE: Stealth/Cloak, invisibility, etc), that the use of IR can help make them visible or at least help show a 'trace signature'.

Keep in mind that this is still a field of research that has no experts and is basicly an experiment fueled by trial and error (or the school of hard knocks).

When you try your experiment out SteveR, I'd try it in "burst mode" on a stationary unmoving tripod since your shooting for detail. Some of my best captures have been useing this method as it gives you many times a before and after which is great for judging the distance and speed between shots. That is how I captured these little guy's earlier this year (IR was not used in these captures):

Burst mode captures and Report

The above have been enhanced to pull out more detail by another ufologist/researcher, to see the other photos without enhancing go to the above report link

[edit on 30-9-2006 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the info on all this
Ive been working up my way to getting cameras in place and get some real research done on my own. Just in life its hard sometimes becasue we can get so wrapped up in our lifes we dont have time for such things.. Lucky for me I no longer have to live the life of a slave, grinding 6 days a week!

When I get some results I will be happy to post it here, as Ive found a home away from home here

Peace guys!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Those are amazing JA. Really well done!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Uploaded a new capture of my video with 4x the resolution here:

www.megafileupload.com...

Any ideas? Could be a baloon I guess.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hello Acharya, thanks for uploading the video for us all to view.

A few questions if I may:

(1) What were the weather and wind conditions (wind from what direction from your POV)?

(2) Did you see this object prior?

(3) If so, could you see it with the naked eye?

(4) Could you see the object thru the camera?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
1) Dont recall, and it is anyhow difficult to know he wind conditions far up in the sky, it may be still on the ground and far different a couple of miles up.
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Hello Acharya, thanks for uploading the video for us all to view.

A few questions if I may:

(1) What were the weather and wind conditions (wind from what direction from your POV)?

(2) Did you see this object prior?

(3) If so, could you see it with the naked eye?

(4) Could you see the object thru the camera?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Acharya,

I've sent your footage to an associate that will attempt to analyze your footage more so
than I would be able to do. This may be a bit of a wait as he's a little overwhelmed
with a number of similar projects and analysis.

I encourage you to continue looking and taping with your camera. If you happen to
capture something try to remain zoomed in a bit and give an auditory report as this
will help in the analysis, if you can also try and accumulate ambient data whether
written or recorded with the capture.

General Information

Wind direction
speed of wind
direction/trajectory the craft is moving to and from
the time of sighting
Length of sighting
Location of sighting
Size of object in comparison to sticking your arm out and holding a: "BB", a dime, a
golfball, a softball, etc.
Color of Craft
Number/Color of Lights seen and the regular or iregular sequence of such
Sound, was any other sounds or lack of sound noticed.
Witnesses, how many viewed the event?
Other air traffic in the sky
Nearest Airport (and direction from the sighting)
Type of camera used (and other equipment and filters)
Guess of distance from your POV (point of view).

Good luck with your continuing searches....

Johnny

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Whoa! JohnnyA!

My new best friend!!

Wow, great equipment.

All kidding aside, this forum if full of some great expertise, which collectively is a fantastic resource.
Thanks to all of you.

UV

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have been looking everywhere trying to find a decent infrared camera/camcorder, something that I can get from walmart as I have a $250 gift card I want to use
. If you or anyone could point me in the right direction that would be extrememly appreciated. Been searching for hours to no end.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrippyCavemano
I have been looking everywhere trying to find a decent infrared camera/camcorder, something that I can get from walmart as I have a $250 gift card I want to use
. If you or anyone could point me in the right direction that would be extrememly appreciated. Been searching for hours to no end.

I'm not going to recommend anything off Walmart, with that said there are some listings for devices that have Night Vision (both cameras and scopes). By using the Search words "Night Vision video" pulled up a number of pages on Walmart. I also did a small search and then looked up on YouTube for reviews of those offered, and wasn't impressed. You have to keep in mind that these consumer models are being offered 'not to find UFO's, there are a few references on some for "Ghost Hunting".

If it were me and I absolutely had to go with something from Walmart I'd go for the Monoscope's that can record both photos and video's and take standard batteries (that can be bought anywhere cheaply or use rechargeable preferably). I did see this "Bushnell Equinox Z" Night Vision with mount that looked interesting. But I should add that it's 8 dollars more than what your card has (free shipping), but then again, you can always add the extra onto the card.

One thing I need to point out here is that if you intend to get something crisp and sharp in Night Vision, thats probably not going to happen. You'll be lucky to catch anything and if so it'll appear as a blotch or luminous blob. I'm just saying because peoples expectation's and what reality offers rarely converge. As an example remember the group of UFO's (over the ocean) in Mexico captured by the police? They have 100 times better equipment than what we could buy and those captures were still just blobs of light.

Not trying to discourage you, just being realistic and wanting you to know what your getting into.

... and with all that said, again the only thing that 'maybe' I'd consider was the Bushnell Equinox Z and there are a few YouTube videos, but they are mostly of wildlife captures (Deer, etc.). I'm providing you with just a few that I found that are supposed UFO based footage. I do not endorse that the below are 'in fact "UFO's", I'm solely posting up a link to video's of people that are using that particular Bushnell model to 'hopefully' capture a UFO (was that a good enough disclaimer).

edit on 2/6/2018 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

originally posted by: TrippyCavemano

I'm not going to recommend anything off Walmart, with that said there are some listings for devices that have Night Vision (both cameras and scopes). By using the Search words "Night Vision video" pulled up a number of pages on Walmart. I also did a small search and then looked up on YouTube for reviews of those offered, and wasn't impressed. You have to keep in mind that these consumer models are being offered 'not to find UFO's, there are a few references on some for "Ghost Hunting".

If it were me and I absolutely had to go with something from Walmart I'd go for the Monoscope's that can record both photos and video's and take standard batteries (that can be bought anywhere cheaply or use rechargeable preferably). I did see this "Bushnell Equinox Z" Night Vision with mount that looked interesting. But I should add that it's 8 dollars more than what your card has (free shipping), but then again, you can always add the extra onto the card.

One thing I need to point out here is that if you intend to get something crisp and sharp in Night Vision, thats probably not going to happen. You'll be lucky to catch anything and if so it'll appear as a blotch or luminous blob. I'm just saying because peoples expectation's and what reality offers rarely converge. As an example remember the group of UFO's (over the ocean) in Mexico captured by the police? They have 100 times better equipment than what we could buy and those captures were still just blobs of light.

Not trying to discourage you, just being realistic and wanting you to know what your getting into.

... and with all that said, again the only thing that 'maybe' I'd consider was the Bushnell Equinox Z and there are a few YouTube videos, but they are mostly of wildlife captures (Deer, etc.). I'm providing you with just a few that I found that are supposed UFO based footage. I do not endorse that the below are 'in fact "UFO's", I'm solely posting up a link to video's of people that are using that particular Bushnell model to 'hopefully' capture a UFO (was that a good enough disclaimer).

The bushnell footage you added is really all I want in the camera. I wanna see the weird # flying around in our skies. Ill eventually upgrade I just need to get this 250 card spent xD thanks a bunch!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join