It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the next BIG idea: voice posting on ATS via a phone...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
on myspace, there is a cool new feature that allows one to leave a voice comment via a phone

it dawned on me recently that ATS could take advantage of this great new feature (if it is possible)...

so, could the next BIG idea for ATS be voice posting on ATS via a phone???

is it possible???

[edit on 21-9-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow, my initial thoughts are that this wouldn't be a good thing. One of the great things about ATS is that you can follow a coherent argument through the written form, in order, and respond. I think it would be way too confusing to have written posts interspersed with voice posting. Writing also forces (most!) people to be succinct, to the point, and gives them some time to think about what they want to say. Voice posting would open up the possibility that a poster may spend 50 minutes ranting about a two line written post. I think the podcasts as they stand are great. But I'm sceptical about the utility of using voice posting in the forum. An interesting question though!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I speak better than I write so I for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sounds like far too much effort. As Willard said, people would just take advantage of this and rant. Podcasts are great because they take lots of effort and so only dedicated and serious people (currently at least) are able to post them, and they are great. But if you open this up to everyone it would just become too much as people do it all the time.

It would be tough to reply to one, because you can't go back and reference points easily, and you can never be guaranteed that you'd get a good phone connection, especially from mobiles, and then you have got to consider location. From down here, it's going to cost me a fortune to call America just to leave a voice message, while Podcasts are free.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My immediate instinct is in opposition.

I agree with the previous poster that writing allows one the time to be thorough and complete in their thoughts.

I would fear that too many would simply "plug in" to ATS and leave a lot on nonsense on the site.

There is enough now and people have to type.

Semper

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
of course, the standards would be much higher for voice posting...

like, maybe, a certain amount of time and other rules...

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't like the idea especially when it has to do with cost and privacy. I would rather spend time writing my thoughts out. It's much better in written form.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Also..

For Example..

Ceci writes very extensive and thought provoking posts. I usually read them 3 or 4 times before I have the information to respond.

That would be difficult if not impossible on a voice post.

Semper

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Helllll noooo.... i ain't doing nothing that has to deal with high technology, micro chips and the new world order.. obviously they want to hear people. Crimity people!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
of course, the standards would be much higher for voice posting...

like, maybe, a certain amount of time and other rules...

I donno, this idea might be good, for say a 9/11, or 3/11, or a 7/7 type of attack.

We can get inside info on that paticular day. Without someone saying one thing or another later..

In other words an accurate record and not what the news tells us.

I think this would be a kick ass IDEA..

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

i thought ATSers would love this idea...

of course, this (if it happens) would be optional and not everyone has to use it

top topics

join