It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Official Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm no stranger to this sight, I have frequently visited it for the past five years or so. I come to it as an alternative news source though, not because I'm comforted by the fact there are people out there loonier than I am. I started up several sucessful threads a year or two ago but soon convinced myself that it was a waste of time. Eventually I forgot my password and username. I still believe this to be a waste of time, but I don't have anything better to do right now. Well, I do - but I'm not a very motivated person and I'm often depressed. I'm 17 and a senior in the gulag that is my high school. I'm not that "smooth" with the ladies. I realize I'm letting my best years slip through my fingers, and I feel like im dying inside because of it. But I can flip that around and say to myself "I am unique because of this" and temporarily improve my outlook on life almost as easily. So there you have it. Hope you are spending your time more wisely than I.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hi oxygen_kills/

Oxygen only kills you, when you breathe bad air!

Welcome to ATS......

I still believe this to be a waste of time, but I don't have anything better to do right now. Well, I do - but I'm not a very motivated person and I'm often depressed.

ATS is a great site and many, many friendly people......so get motivated and strat posting about what you enjoy, we all have our opinions on stuff and all.....you wont get time to get 'depressed' on ATS.
Hope all goes good for you!

helen
(edit for spelling,breath.......breathe, and man,was suppose to read..many!)

[edit on 9/21/2006 by helen670]

[edit on 9/21/2006 by helen670]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
hehe yes someones depressed.
I don't think this site is a waste of time. It can be very mind expanding, and true, you will find alot of things here you won't find in the news. I try to skip the bs though.

well.....the ladies thing.....I don't know what to say. But i'll say the popular girls etc are crap. They're bad in and at relationships. You're not really missing much there apart from personal gratification.
If you're really really ugly, it's hard to help, but if you're not bad, then all you need to do is start to like yourself more and reflect that in your dress. Even avg/ugly people can get good girls if they show confidence and kindness. The ones that don't recognize those qualities aren't really worth it anyway.

plz try get over your depression first though, i've been with someone with depression and it totally sucks. It's draining for both sides.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. If you have a question feel free to U2U me.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure this is something I can get over. I think it's just how I am. But I'm managing I supose. Of course, if I actually had a little luck with girls that would do me wonders I'm sure.
Everything breathing oxygen dies sooner or later.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Welcome oxygen_kills!

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Smokin' BBQ Threads (Important Website-Related Topics).

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oxygen_kills.
Welcome, if you have been here 5, five years and you think you are wasting your time why are you still here?
I hope you have a wholesome, continuous stay.
WIS

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
oxygen_kills, welcome to ATS

Sporty

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i UNDERSTAND completly what your going through

top topics

join