It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

official favorite beer discussion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trancer
Ill Have to go with Fosters...

You know, In Australia we only ever drink that crap when people from overseas visit!

Anyone else here like Hoegaarden?
It's the best (and most expencive) beer I have ever had!
It's a Belgian wheat beer that has been brewed with coriander and orange peels!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My favorite beer is Bud Ice...It doesn't quite have the beer flavor that some of the others do,and packs a better punch.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
To Rawiea, I say...hear hear!!, Sam Adams is maybe the best american made beer today, although, I also favor Michelob Amber Dark.

As far as imported beers are concerned, I like San Miguel, Guiness and Heinekin.

And never forget:

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."
-Abraham Lincoln

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well, since many consider me an Arrogant Bastard I thought I would share my personal Damnation during the long alcoholic search for a True American beer. One that shows style and class and might even feature a pretty girl.

Of course I also like Guinness!

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Anything wet and ice cold.

Face it, after you get the initial buzz, they all taste the same. So why buy the more expensive brands.

My main motto "More bang for the buck"

:w:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
My favourite beer is Corona's. So damn smooth and tasty.

As for local beer - I've have to say XXXX Gold.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Coopers pale ale if im wanting to get legless, but for just a nice quiet beer Corona's the go.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Smithwicks or Castlemaine

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Okay I'm poor, I buy cheap stuff. Over the past 3 years I've been drinking Icehouse, smells like crap, this first few drinks taste kinda bad, but you kinda grow on it. At $7.99 for a 12 pack of long neck bottles, it's all good, drinking one right now.

I use to buy Steel Reserve, I really liked it, but after a while I started to gag on it, never really was keen on the dark beers, can only drink it now after I've had a few, then the taste doesn't really matter to me. Kinda like Evil Eye, that stuff is good, but it's a little heavy for me. My stepdad buys Bud, and I like that stuff, but I think Icehouse wets the whistle for me. Weeee, I think I need another.:w:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I am somewhat restricted at this point of time from trying all the beers I would like. But I am still an avid beer drinker. Guiness Draght or Murphy's Stout is my favorite currently. MGD is my favorite domestic, and I agree about Anheiser products, they're extremely discusting, the only kind I actually don't mind is Busch.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My favorite beer really depends on where i'm at. If i'm at home i usually go with the Moose Drool Brown Ale, it's your average ordinary brown ale, but most bars around here don't have it. However if i'm out at the bar i have to go with Grain Belt Premium, it's a little heavier than most beer and tastes quite a bit different from your average domestic beer.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ugh. Friends don't let friends drink bad beer.

Killian's Red is my favorite, and I'll throw back a few Guinesses if the mood strikes me.

Try this one for a goof - make a black and tan, but replace the lager with something sweet, like Honey Brown or even a cider. If you float it right, it's sublime.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Hands down for me, I love hops, hops and more hops. Be forewarned if you don't like bitter beer you probably will not like it. I swear the amount of hops they put in there has a effect on top of the alcohol a 6 pack gets me happily buzzed, a twelve pack will flat shnocker you. I truly love all beer but this has been my staple for about 8 years now and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a hoppy brew.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1

Stella Artois

That's a very good beer!

I like Arctic beer too. It's a Norwegian beer, brewed by the world's northernmost brewery Mack.

Btw, a couple of years ago someone stole 50,000 cans of Moosehead beer in Canada, so that might be a good beer. I don't know, since I've never tried it myself. Here's a link to an old thread (by MacKiller) :
NEWS: 50,000 beers stolen. 50,000!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA is my all time favorite...but for local beer I'm going to have to stick with anything from Wachusett, or Magic Hat

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Favorite beer?
Budwiser!
I do miss those frog commercials.
Cheers!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My current favourite is McEwans Champion, 7.3% Vol, beautiful taste, and only £5 for 4 500ml bottles in Morrisons - Perfection

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm a Guiness girl.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've got to go with Guinness......BRILLIANT.

Also, Dinkel Acker dark, Paulaner Octoberfest and Anchor Porter.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I started out as a devote "Bud Light" guy, but I was easily converted to "Bud Select".

Very smooth, very tasteful.

In fact, I'm going to go get yet another one.

[edit on 3/7/2007 by Infoholic]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join