It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane set for Ireland and Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Northern Ireland and Scotland are to suffer the worst of hurricane Gordon when it hits this weekend

www.irishnews.com

To start things off, I can't get this article off the website, but I put it in so no-body thinks I'm plagarising.

This willl be a fun weekend, winds reaching 75mph and at least 2 inches of rain. Looking at the weather conditions now, quite warm despite heavy clouding. Is this sign of a hurricane?

A hurricane in Ireland, this must be the sign of global warming, what do you think

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
has Ireland never had a hurricane before?
If it has, it could be just a rare occurance.
If not, then yes it is strange.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, do not forget that Gordon is not a Hurricane anymore. Not even when it crossed Spain today.

Gordon is now an extra-tropical storm and will be absorbed into a frontal boundary later today. Northwestern Spain is being buffeted by strong winds, with a gust of 69 mph recorded at La Cornua. The heaviest rain and wind from Gordon is expected to affect northwestern France with a limited amount of moisture affecting the southern United Kingdom and Ireland. Meteorologist Alan Reppert has some thoughts on Gordon and on how the trough will affect Europe.
Source: wwwa.accuweather.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Accuweather

Even though, Gordon will be absorbed by a major storm offshore Europe. And yes, I think it is something to be worried about.

Do not miss the weather report of an Expert from Accuweather, in relation with Gordon and the major storm

I know, hurricanes, tropical storms, etc. were not usual in Europe. In fact, they are still considered as something "rare" and many people have no idea on how to face those natural events.
The UK has suffered some tropical storms and they can be really serious...
I just hope that Gordon does not affect you too much and that there are no injuries.
When possible, keep us updated.
And please, keep safe.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
has Ireland never had a hurricane before?
If it has, it could be just a rare occurance.
If not, then yes it is strange.

I don't think that we have ever had a hurricane, but a few months ago we did have a small twister, i think it was in Donegal, and it diddn't last very long. Hopefully its just a one-off, or better - if it doesn't come

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Funny, I do remember a story on that tornado.
Global warming or not, it does seem we are going through some kind of change.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It seems that the hurricane has gone by now. We had wind speeds of about 70 mph and 50,000 home are without power, thankfully no-one was hurt.

Here's some pictures from BBC

This is one of themany tree's that fell and below is a picture of the hurricane from a satelite.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just heard that there may be another part of this hurricane to hit, heard it on some radio station.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
We got some of the winds up here in NW Wales last night didn't seem that bad tbh, i think it's pretty well blown it's self out now?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thanks for keeping an update, Weather here in the UK is odd today
heavy rain then thunder and now sunny,

I have family in whitehead and they said the winds where pretty strong there through the night,
news.sky.com...

I have not been able to contact my family since late last night due to power cuts and phone lines being down,

[edit on 22-9-2006 by asala]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Just heard that there may be another part of this hurricane to hit, heard it on some radio station.

The station was wrong, thankfully. I hope that nothing stronger will come over the years, but I fell that something will

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The station was wrong, thankfully. I hope that nothing stronger will come over the years, but I fell that something will

Why did I have to open my mouth, hurricane Helana may hit Northern Ireland. Hurricane Helana is bigger than Gordon so more damage will be caused. Early this week there is expected to be a severe cold snap.

new topics

top topics

join