It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez fleeing NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This could be another Hugo publicity stunt, but the pessimist in me wonders if he received word on any potential Al Qaeda threat to NY.

According to Drudge, Hugo Chavez is leaving the UN today, canceling a day filled with appointments and a press briefing.

Let's see, we have

1. Al Qaeda in Afghan warning muslims to leave D.C. and N.Y.
  2. Unsubstantiated reports of Chinese & Iranians crossing the Mex-Am border with potassium iodide pills
  3. A significant spike in the sale of KI pills during the past 2 weeks
  4. Pakistani Journalist Mir saying Al Qaeda will use Nukes on U.S. soil

What do we have in the making here?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

2. Unsubstantiated reports of Chinese & Iranians crossing the Mex-Am border with potassium iodide pills

1. Yes, and it's the third time they have done this.

2. Source?

3. Source?

4. Link please

I've heard nothing about these claims you're making

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi

1. Yes, and it's the third time they have done this.

2. Source?

3. Source?

4. Link please

I've heard nothing about these claims you're making

1. True, and I pointed that out before.

2. Border Crossers found with KI pills

3. Potassium Iodide sales spike

4. Osama targeting nuke at U.S.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

• Unsubstantiated reports of Chinese & Iranians crossing the Mex-Am border with potassium iodide pills
  • A significant spike in the sale of KI pills during the past 2 weeks

• What are potassium iodide and KI pils used for?

And what does KI stand for?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:19 AM
    link   

What do we have in the making here?

Nothing at all. Do not read that idiot Chaves to deep.....he is nothing more than a moron and windbag. If something happens in NY......good ole CNN or Fox will tell you "everything"

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:21 AM
    link   
    Chavez is probably just paranoid and perhaps thinks that his remarks may have given Bush and the CIA more reason to try to assassinate him. I wouldn't blame him for leaving on the first flight out.

[edit on 9-21-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:26 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

• Unsubstantiated reports of Chinese & Iranians crossing the Mex-Am border with potassium iodide pills

Potassium Iodide (KI) is a common disinfectant. Most popularly it's used with table salt.

But it also protects people from one form of nuclear radiation, guarding the thyroid from contamination and getting thyroid cancer. KI would be used if you're not in the immediate blast zone and are fleeing from the fallout.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:35 AM
    link   
    Thanks for the links,

I do believe that the jump in these kind of pills is alarming. But there could be other factors attributing to it. For example the whole Alex Jones warning and the August 22nd fiasco could have a part.

Not to mention the fact that IF selected Chinese and Iranian peoples were informed before an attack took place, it wouldn't be so many as to create a noticable jump in KI sales. Also the fact that if a huge number of middle eastern men/women started buying this kind of item then surley to god homeland security or the FBI would pick up on it.

I bet people already have their minds made up that if something happens it will be done by the US government

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:43 AM
    link   
    I don't think it means anything. Al Qaeda tend to threaten the US on a fairly regular basis.

The bit about Iranians and Chinese illegals is an unsubstantiated blog post which can't be taken as credible and the sales spike in KI pills, while interesting, could be explained by other more mundane things such as Sept 11th and paranoia around that time.

The Osama to nuke the US thing reminds me of our monthly 'US to attack Iran this month' posts. It seems to come around with depressing regularity in the form of various predictions, chatter and October surprises (surprise, nothing happened!).

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:46 AM
    link   
    IMO the spike in the pills is just another paranoia feeding. Much like the increased purchase of Tamiflu a few months back with the pending bird flu. We are coming round that bend again too.

I read Chavez's transcript and I think it was well said and a pretty accurate assesment of what our gov has become under Bush's leadership.
    Chavez has repeatedly recognized that it is not the american citizens that are the problem but rather one man leading us into damnation.
    The Iranian president also has noted that.

Because Chavez gave such a powerful and passionate speech and was lined up for another today it is strange that he would bail out so quickly. But I don't think it was because of an assasination attempt.

Behind - when did Al Qaeda warn Muslims to leave NY & DC???

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:47 AM
    link   
    Just a rumor is all it is. They just did a sweep of Harlem and he is expectexd to arrive any minute. Nothing to it

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:50 AM
    link   

Originally posted by DDay

Not sure of the exact date, but the Muslim reporter Mir broke the story a couple of days ago.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:04 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
    Nothing at all. Do not read that idiot Chaves to deep.....he is nothing more than a moron and windbag. If something happens in NY......good ole CNN or Fox will tell you "everything"

Why do you say so? Because he did take the responsibility to supply the poorer US citizens with heating oil, while the Bush Administration rather cares about their little war game in Iraq?

Ever heard of the US citizens who had been taken into prison for minor law violations, such as not having paid a penalty just before hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans?

Those people are still in custody, among murderers and other scum because the big wealthy US of A does not want to pay their legal aid counsels and their files are lost.

I know it is hard for you as American, totally indoctrinated by Bush propaganda, to see reality, but not everyone is as bad as the US propaganda machine is pretending.

CARACAS, VENEZUELA - Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez announced that the program that provides discounted heating oil to numerous poor communities in the U.S. Northeast will be continued next year. Also, Chavez proposed a new phase of the program, which would help provide employment opportunities in beneficiary communities. Chavez made the announcement during an event on Monday evening, in which he met with a delegation of 80 heating oil program beneficiaries.

Source

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:10 AM
    link   

Originally posted by DDay

Not sure of the exact date, but the Muslim reporter Mir broke the story a couple of days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

This might be what their talking about.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:24 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

Potassium Iodide (KI) is a common disinfectant. Most popularly it's used with table salt.

But it also protects people from one form of nuclear radiation, guarding the thyroid from contamination and getting thyroid cancer. KI would be used if you're not in the immediate blast zone and are fleeing from the fallout.

Many thanks.

Appreciated.

Izzat two lines?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:15 AM
    link   
    Agreed Mdv2!

American's are led down the directed media path. We are being encouraged to believe that these leaders Chavez, Iranian president and the like are crazy and trigger happy and are out to destablize the United States when all they are seeking is equality and the freedom to choose.
    Our president supresses them because he is a tyrant bent on taking over.
    As an American it is embarrassing to be viewed as a whole under his leadership.

You are right. Chavez did supply heat to our poor and has himself said that he actually likes the American people, it's our gov. Unfortunately it's going to be our undoing because of the leaders.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:16 AM
    link   
    does chavez use a regular passenger plane or is there a special plane for world leader

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:51 PM
    link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
    does chavez use a regular passenger plane or is there a special plane for world leader

Actually I think he arrived on the back of a semi trailor crossing the U.S./Mexico border.

new topics

top topics

join