It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial To Recruit FreeMasons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Let me start off by saying that this thread's purpose is not to bash the FreeMasons, so please do not use it to do so. Thanx-

The purpose is this;

I thought it was against to rules of Freemasonry to recruit people for their ranks?

I have been hearing a commercial for Freemasonry on a Boston radio station, WAAF 107.3, for the past few weeks now.

The individual speaking is portrayed to be Ben Franklin. He talks about the rich history of the group, and the great leaders of our country that were FreeMasons. He makes a comment that 200 people from Harvard joined just last year. He states that it brings out the greatness in their members, and ends with, "Is there greatness in you?".

Then he states that if you want to find out more, go to;

askafreemason.org...

And states that all lodges will be open to the public on Saturday October 7th.

Don't get me wrong. I don't see ANYTHING wrong with this!

Again, my question is that I thought it was against the rules. Can someone help me with this? ( Please play nice.
)

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
There's actually another active thread on the same subject here.

In the USA, each state has its own Grand Lodge, which is responsible for Masonic law within that state. The majority of Grand Lodges do not allow recruiting, although a few of them do. Thus, Masonic law differs slightly from state to state.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
There's actually another active thread on the same subject here.

In the USA, each state has its own Grand Lodge, which is responsible for Masonic law within that state. The majority of Grand Lodges do not allow recruiting, although a few of them do. Thus, Masonic law differs slightly from state to state.

Sorry- I did a search but must have messed it up. Mods I guess you can close this down. I'll go to the other thread to post. Thanx MS!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
well, this certainly caught a lot of people's attention right away!

top topics

join