It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulated hijackings were scheduled on 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

9/11 Live: The NORAD Tapes

"For the NEADS crew, 9/11 was not a story of four hijacked airplanes, but one of a heated chase after more than a dozen potential hijackings—some real, some phantom—that emerged from the turbulence of misinformation that spiked in the first 100 minutes of the attack and continued well into the afternoon and evening.

08:37:52
BOSTON CENTER: Hi. Boston Center T.M.U. [Traffic Management Unit], we have a problem here. We have a hijacked aircraft headed towards New York, and we need you guys to, we need someone to scramble some F-16s or something up there, help us out.
POWELL: Is this real-world or exercise?
BOSTON CENTER: No, this is not an exercise, not a test.

Powell's question—"Is this real-world or exercise?"—is heard nearly verbatim over and over on the tapes as troops funnel onto the ops floor and are briefed about the hijacking. Powell, like almost everyone in the room, first assumes the phone call is from the simulations team on hand to send "inputs"—simulated scenarios—into play for the day's training exercise.

8:37:56
WATSON: What?
DOOLEY: Whoa!
WATSON: What was that?
ROUNTREE: Is that real-world?
DOOLEY: Real-world hijack.
WATSON: Cool!

"When they told me there was a hijack, my first reaction was 'Somebody started the exercise early,'" Nasypany later told me. The day's exercise was designed to run a range of scenarios, including a "traditional" simulated hijack in which politically motivated perpetrators commandeer an aircraft, land on a Cuba-like island, and seek asylum. "I actually said out loud, 'The hijack's not supposed to be for another hour,'" Nasypany recalled. (The fact that there was an exercise planned for the same day as the attack factors into several conspiracy theories, though the 9/11 commission dismisses this as coincidence. After plodding through dozens of hours of recordings, so do I.)

09:04:50
—Is this explosion part of that that we're lookin' at now on TV?
—Yes.
—Jesus …
—And there's a possible second hijack also
—a United Airlines …
—Two planes?…
—Get the f*ck out …
I think this is a damn input, to be honest.

The last line—"I think this is a damn input"—is a reference to the exercise, meaning a simulations input. It's either gallows humor or wishful thinking. From the tape, it's hard to tell."

www.vanityfair.com...

Note that the article just mentions one simulated hijacking (was that the only simulated hijack for 9/11?) and that at about 8:38am, Major Kevin Nasypany mentions the hijack drill wasn’t supposed to start for "another hour" which of course would be 9:38am, the time the Pentagon would be hit.

The article also talks about chasing "phantom planes":

The call that sets off the latest alarm ("Another hijack! It's headed towards Washington!") comes from Boston and is wholly confounding: according to Scoggins, the Boston manager, American 11, the plane they believed was the first one to hit the World Trade Center, is actually still flying—still hijacked—and now heading straight for D.C. Whatever hit the first tower, it wasn't American 11.

The chase is on for what will turn out to be a phantom plane.

~

Over the next quarter-hour, the fact that the fighters have been launched in response to the phantom American 11—rather than American 77 or United 93—is referred to six more times on Nasypany's channel alone. How could Colonel Scott and General Arnold have missed it in preparing for their 9/11-commission testimony? It's a question Arnold would have to answer later, under oath.

Link

[edit on 20-9-2006 by Killtown]

[edit on 21-9-2006 by Killtown]

[edit on 21-9-2006 by Killtown]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
umm yea, u been sleeping for 4 or 5 years?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/21/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There were 4 wargames going on. One of them including hijacked commerical jetliners crashing into buildings. There are taped audio of FAA calling NORAD and the operators asking if this was a test or real life. Essentially, the drills on that morning confused and paralyzed NORAD. Convenient, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tazadar
One of them including hijacked commerical jetliners crashing into buildings.

Are you sure about this? Is there documented source? I have a feeling this is just rumor, or unsubstantiated.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not rumor. ABC News did a story on it. USA Today wrote an article on it.

youtube.com...

The NORAD Tapes - 911 Live
youtube.com...
youtube.com...

Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney grills Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on the Pentagon's missing trillions, DynCorp's slave trade, and the 9/11 war games.
House Hearing on FY06 Dept. of Defense Budget, March 11, 2005.
youtube.com...

[edit on 21-9-2006 by tazadar]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

youtube.com...

The NORAD Tapes - 911 Live
youtube.com...
youtube.com...

Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney grills Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on the Pentagon's missing trillions, DynCorp's slave trade, and the 9/11 war games.
House Hearing on FY06 Dept. of Defense Budget, March 11, 2005.
youtube.com...

But was that "planes crashing into WTC" drill on 9/11? I know they rehearsed it in '99...

killtown.911review.org...-NORAD_exercises

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killtown
But was that "planes crashing into WTC" drill on 9/11?

I believe it was just buildings. That alone is enough to confuse NORAD as you can hear the people at NORAD on the tapes running around in disbelief.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killtown
But was that "planes crashing into WTC" drill on 9/11?

I believe it was just buildings. That alone is enough to confuse NORAD as you can hear the people at NORAD on the tapes running around in disbelief.

I'll I can source is Rummy/Myers confirming "4 wargames" on 9/11, NRO had planned plane crash drill into on of their buildings, and NORAD had scheduled a hijack drill that morning.

This is all I can confirm.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah, it was an NRO drill (at least the one I know of -- could be more), and the sim was a plane flying into their HQ near Washington DC.

After they learned that a plane had actually hit the Pentagon, after all the confusion that that no doubt caused, I think many of them were allowed to just go home, before the drill even took place.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

There's evidence in the Vanity Fair article that there was one hijacking scenario planned for 9/11, later in the day. I've seen no evidence that this would involve multiple planes, or that they were going to be crashing into buildings (in fact the Vanity Fair article suggests otherwise). Just people talking about previous exercises, or future ones, then jumping straight to "the 9/11 war games exactly mirrored the real world attacks", something that isn't substantiated in the slightest.

(There was the NRO exercise, but that wasn't related to a hijacking, & there's zero evidence it made any difference to anything.)

[edit on 21-9-2006 by ashmok]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashmok
I've seen no evidence that this would involve multiple planes, or that they were going to be crashing into buildings (in fact the Vanity Fair article suggests otherwise).

The only war game NORAD has elaborated upon was Northern Vigilance, in which multiple jet that would have been over the Northeast were relocated to over Alaska and Canada for a few days, including 9/11.

The other war games, we not only know little about to nothing about, but we don't even know how many there were. The only other information is that radar operators were confused, with the suggestion that false blips were imposed on radar screens and operators couldn't decide if what was happening was real life or part of the exercise, and what they should do about it, etc.

Also -- keep in mind the FEMA drill. It had them in Manhattan, on September 10th. And when the buildings collapsed, they wasted no time. Very convenient stuff. This is based on Giuliani's testimony to the 9/11 Commission, btw, not the Tom Kenney stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

I've seen no evidence that this would involve multiple planes, or that they were going to be crashing into buildings (in fact the Vanity Fair article suggests otherwise).

The only war game NORAD has elaborated upon was Northern Vigilance, in which multiple jet that would have been over the Northeast were relocated to over Alaska and Canada for a few days, including 9/11.

The other war games, we not only know little about to nothing about, but we don't even know how many there were. The only other information is that radar operators were confused, with the suggestion that false blips were imposed on radar screens and operators couldn't decide if what was happening was real life or part of the exercise, and what they should do about it, etc.

Also -- keep in mind the FEMA drill. It had them in Manhattan, on September 10th. And when the buildings collapsed, they wasted no time. Very convenient stuff. This is based on Giuliani's testimony to the 9/11 Commission, btw, not the Tom Kenney stuff.

It was an excercise similar to the three Sky Shield games executed in the 60's. I have a thread started this afternoon here on the very subject. The big difference with the 911 games was that the public was not notified, and civil air traffic wasn't banned during the excercises.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was described as a "Soviet - Era" excercise. The Manhattan excercise was called Tripod II, which was linked anthrax attacks, and for cipro mysteriously being delivered to Cheney's staff at the White House on 911.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Michael Ruppert's "Crossing The Rubicon" book was the first to detail the multiple wargames taking place on 9-11. Everyone should read this book to understand fully what was going on.

* In May of 2001 Dick Cheney was placed directly in charge of managing the "seamless integration" of all training exercises throughout the federal government and military agencies by presidential mandate.
* The morning of 9/11 began with multiple training exercises of war games and terror drills which Cheney, as mandated by the president, was placed in charge of managing.
* War games & terror drills included live-fly exercises with military aircraft posing as hijacked aircraft over the United States, as well as simulated exercises that placed "false blips" (radar injects indicating virtual planes) on FAA radar screens. One exercise titled NORTHERN VIGILANCE pulled Air Force fighters up into Canada simulating a Russian air attack, so there were very few fighters remaining on the east coast to respond. All of this paralyzed Air Force response ensuring that fighter jocks couldn't stop 9/11.
* An unknown individual or command center referred to by Major Don Arias of NORAD as the "maestro" coordinated the war games. It is possible there was more than one maestro, but no one will name names. FTW has asked this question of everyone in relevant government and military positions, to no avail. Our investigation has found the maestro was either Dick Cheney, General Ralph "Ed" Eberhart, or both.
* Whoever was coordinating the Air Force war games was under the management and direction of Dick Cheney, who was also in charge of managing a terror drill being set up on the West Side of downtown New York on 9/11 titled Tripod 2. This exercise set up a command and control center on 9/11 that was configured exactly like the one lost that morning in WTC 7. It was the perfect command center to respond to the crisis, and it was under Dick Cheney's management before the hijackings occurred. How convenient.
* Dick Cheney was one of the main government officials deciding that such extensive war games would take place on 9/11. This was when American intelligence had collected dozens of warnings from governments and intelligence agencies indicating that terrorists were planning to hijack civilian aircraft and crash them into American targets on the ground during the week of September 9th, 2001.

source

[edit on 21-9-2006 by uknumpty]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

There's no evidence that any of those jets would have been available on alert.

The other war games, we not only know little about to nothing about, but we don't even know how many there were.

I didn't see we knew all the answers, just that I'd seen no evidence for the extreme claim you sometimes get of "multiple simulated hijackings that mirrored the actual attacks".

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
from the same source as my previous post:

We know multiple Air Force war games were running on the morning of 9/11, as documented extensively in the mainstream press. 16 What Crossing the Rubicon has documented conclusively is that there was a live-fly drill taking place on 9/11 titled Vigilant Warrior. Richard Clarke disclosed the name of this drill on page 4 of his book, but it was Major Don Arias of NORAD who confirmed the definition of the title "Warrior" to Mike Ruppert via email.

Warrior = JCS/HQ NORAD sponsored FTX, or field training exercise (live-fly). 17

That means that the Vigilant Warrior drill conducted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff involved at least one real commercial aircraft in the skies, intended to simulate exactly the kind of airliner hijack emergency presented on 9/11. Coincidence?

This was further supported by an April 18 2004 USA Today article titled, "NORAD had drills of jets as weapons." The report cited NORAD officials who confirmed live-fly drills were conducted using hijacked airliners originating from the continental United States used as weapons crashing into targets including the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The specific drill USA Today referred to was "planned in July [2001] and conducted later" - likely on 9/11 itself. 18

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

There's no evidence that any of those jets would have been available on alert.

If it came down to it, dude, you could say that there is no evidence that any of them would have had fuel in their tanks either, and thus there is no evidence that they could have even taken off.

But I'm not even going there. The fact is that those planes would have been over the Northeast, but they were moved.

Another fact is that RADAR operators became very confused because of other NORAD war games going on the very same morning.

Another fact is that FEMA was in Manhattan the evening before the attacks, setting up a command post for what they claimed was going to be a terror "drill".

Yet another one is that the NRO planned a plane-into-building sim near Washington, so when the Pentagon was hit, people thought it was some surprise in the drill, just as RADAR operators for NORAD even thought the Twin Tower impacts were part of the drill -- even as they were watching it on TV!

A ration human being would begin to look at "coincidences" like that, and others, and begin to see the massive unlikelihood that these things fell together solely by chance. It is extremely unlikely.

top topics

join