It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian Military Doctrine Makes USA Potential Enemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The Russian Government will be considering a draft of a new military doctrine prepared by the Defense Ministry. This document will enable Russia to interfere in border conflicts, turn a blind eye on nuclear proliferation, and fight with potential enemies such as the U.S. and NATO and international terrorism. The current military doctrine was adopted in 1993. The current doctrine was established when Russia was becoming a democracy, this doctrine will take on a completely new meaning.

english.pravda.ru
Russia adopted the current military doctrine in 1993. President Putin introduced several amendments to it in April of 2000. The doctrine of 2006 has a whole new meaning. The previous doctrine was a temporal document used during the establishment of democracy in Russia. The new document will be the permanent military doctrine of a democratic state.

The document particularly entitles Russia to “defend its citizens’ rights abroad in case of danger posed to their lives.” There was no such wording in the current doctrine.

Furthermore, Russia will be able to participate in armed conflicts on its borders where “principles of international rights are violated and thus can be classified as aggression against citizens.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

When I first read this I was a bit shocked to read that the U.S. and NATO were to be listed as potential enemies. Then reading on it was sounding more like this new doctrine is just making restrictions much more loose for the use of Russia's military. Some of the wording such as defend citizens rights abroad in case of danger". Or to participate in armed conflict on its borders where "principles of international rights are violated." These doctrines sound to me to be military policy for any modern military. I was also glad to see that Russia will stand against the proliferation of nuclear weapons and deliver means.

Related News Links:
www.ciaonet.org
www.freerepublic.com
www.eurasianet.org
english.pravda.ru

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Tactics- Weapons use-Military Doctrine and execution of plans
Mig 1.44
NEWS: US Prepares Preemptive Nuclear Strike Plan in Asia Region

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think that "I told you so" doesn't quite cover it anymore.

A couple of members, including myself have been providing information which backs this up for well over two years now, yet this topic is hardly ever discussed.

Oh wait a sec, i just saw the link, Pravda is not exactly a reliable site. If you find another more reliable site with this information it would give more credence to this article.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I think that "I told you so" doesn't quite cover it anymore.

A couple of members, including myself have been providing information which backs this up for well over two years now, yet this topic is hardly ever discussed.

Oh wait a sec, i just saw the link, Pravda is not exactly a reliable site. If you find another more reliable site with this information it would give more credence to this article.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by Muaddib]

Muaddib,
I am not a spring chick so I do rember the cold war. I did not read ever sorce I found but hear are a few.

Russia`s powerful Security Council yesterday approved a tough new military doctrine which reaffirms the country`s right to be the first to deliver a nuclear strike. The doctrine, according to the Kremlin, states that ''the Russian federation envisages ... the possibility of using all forces and means at its disposal, including nuclear weapons, where all other means to settle the crisis have been exhausted or have proven ineffective.``

Link

President Islam Karimov announced a new forward defense military doctrine on February 3. It called for the formation of "…an integrated…highly mobile, self-sufficient and flexible military…to secure peace and calm in our country."

The doctrine, at least on paper, recognizes Uzbekistan’s geographical limitations in presenting the country’s armed forces with a practical blueprint to address threats to national security. However, several factors, especially the country’s economic difficulties, have limited the military’s ability to fully implement changes.

Link

One more sorce

A meeting of the Security Council in April 1999 (the first chaired by Vladimir Putin as Secretary), which came on the heels of the NATO military operation in Kosovo, apparently directed the military to revisit nuclear doctrine and develop ways to deter a similar use of limited force against Russia. New approaches were developed in a very short time, suggesting that the military had been thinking along these lines for some time, and deterrence of a limited conventional attack was tested for the first time during the Zapad-99 (West-99) maneuvers in May-June 1999. A draft of the new Doctrine was published in the fall of 1999,[6] but the ensuing discussion did not lead to significant changes, including in the parts pertaining to nuclear weapons.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by RedGolem]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
And the United States has mlitary plans to attack Russia, in fact it has military plans to attack every other country as well including Canada...just in case they threaten to cut off our maple syrup supply.

To have plans does not mean they have intent.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
And the United States has mlitary plans to attack Russia, in fact it has military plans to attack every other country as well including Canada...just in case they threaten to cut off our maple syrup supply.

To have plans does not mean they have intent.

Grover,
Yes that was kind of my opinion on the matter also. Although be it I dont have any evedance to show the U.S. has plans to atack Canada for maple syrup.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't either...I was being sarcastic though I am sure that there are some sort of contingency plans to attack Canada if need be...the war colleges throw out all sorts of senerios.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Seems like a direct response to the military doctrine the United States has evoked. What the heck do people expect other countries to do? When the United States says they will use pre-emptive strikes and nuclear weapons when they so desire, what response do people expect? Frankly I would expect nothing less than that response.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Iconoclast
Seems like a direct response to the military doctrine the United States has evoked. What the heck do people expect other countries to do? When the United States says they will use pre-emptive strikes and nuclear weapons when they so desire, what response do people expect? Frankly I would expect nothing less than that response.

Actually as I recall the current U.S. doctrine is WMD can be used against a target that also posesess WMD or is belived to.
Or something like that

Hear is a link that says something like "the U.S. does not make spefic statments on when nucler weapons will be used."

[edit on 23-9-2006 by RedGolem]

new topics

top topics

join