It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy Cameras In Homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There are now less and less police on the streets than ever before ,the local bobby whom new the community and whom the community knew by name in a time of common sense policing has vanished .
To make way for these cut backs and to save money which lines the pockets of those in charge was to replace them with CCTV which never prevents crime (criminals i.e burglars only change to areas without CCTV ) it only makes for a quicker prosecution
Now the new tactic . TO HAVE HOMES FITTED WITH 24 HOUR 7 DAY A WEEK SPY CAMERAS to catch the crooks in the act . SEE LINK BELOW
But what else could they be watching? YOU.
Spy Cameras in homes

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
how long is it going to be till insurance companies want you to have cctv before they will insure your home?? and how soon after that is it going to be when the security services start raiding homes or gain access to footage illegaly?? oh and how soon is it till social services want this in the homes of all new parents???

We live in nightmareish times fellow Britons...

soon gonna be time to either stand and fight on your feet or be a slave on your knees..

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Add to that, an extension of the 'talking CCTV' cameras that are being trialled in Middlesborough, and we have the pervect Orwellian dream, all in the name of 'personal safety'....Double-Plus good!

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is a voluntary programme in which they give people hidden security cameras for their homes. If you don't want it, don't specifically request it.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It May well be voluntary but a point should be made with regards to how people are accepting these forms of intrusions all to easily in there daily life's without being told or even noticing , and if we all accepted these practices then how long before they are all made compulsory without out the people understanding the real motive behind them, after all a burglar needs to be in the home before being filmed it does not prevent the burglar from entering the home .

So slowly under a banner of false security from a source invoking fear into the hearts and minds of the vulnerable , the what was once unacceptable becomes the accepted through physclogical training by fault of fear and dumbing down of education and awareness .AND WE WILL BE MONITIORED , the signs are everywhere
But we are told it is for our benefit

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The first thought that occurred to me is that, in the same way that AT&T cooperated with the government to share our phone information, I wonder how long it will be till Sony and Magnavox are cooperating with the government to have these installed in all the TVs on the market, if they aren't already...

After all, if you're not doing anything wrong, what are you worried about? [/sarcasm]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Its all well and good to say that the people accepting these things are fools who don't understand whats going on. Quite another to demonstrate it. They live in high crime areas, they're probably going to be glad to accept a camera, supplied by the government, in order to have more security.
Plus, with this programme, since the cameras are hidden, a crook can't know which house they are in, and thus, there is a detterent effect for the area. That is the intent of the programme and thats what they're testing.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Nygdan,
they are fools, but only because they have been fooled by goverment spin and fear mongering. get police on the streets that stops crime - not cameras. Cameras only record cries happening...The Police cannot catch alot of them because they wear gloves and in alot of cases masks - I worked for the Police in custody blocks, and i can tell you the amount of times ive seen footage and the raiders been masked...

No this is the big brothers silent insidious march towards total surveillance of us all day and night..

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yeah this is double plus good! I'm afraid of the Eurasians so let's get cameras in our houses, eventually let's get huge TV cameras, and we can then do mandatory monitored morning exercises with all party members before laboring in the factory! SWEET!! (pshhh, do you know how I can get some more victory cigarettes, i'm kinda running low on my ration).

[edit on 25-9-2006 by jaguarmike]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't have issues with cameras in my home - as long as I have complete control of the footage and may decline its subpoena using the Fifth (amendment of the US Constitution). To have ANYONE able to view and evaluate my behavior in my own home is beyond the limits of what I consider acceptable.

Dear gods, let's hope we never find ourselves disenfranchised for refusing to have our "telescreen."

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You tell a moron that you want to install a camera in his house, becuase it is a good target for a theft, and you want to catch the thief that will rob him...
and he says "good idea"

a normal person will ask questions like
"how do you know this is the house he will rob?"
and
"why isn't it just as good to put a camera watching the back entry from outside?"
and
"so why dont you put a camera that watches the whole neighborhood, instead of just the inside of my house?"

and it is by official request... and we all know how hard it is to say NO to a policeman face to face...

new topics

top topics

join