It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO's over Wash DC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Being the newbie here, I have a question. I guess around the fifties there were UFO's that flew over the capital building. My question is, and I know this is going to be hard to answer, but did it actually happen and if so what happened after that. Also, if it did happen, how come that story isn't famous worldwide, I've heard that it did happen but that it was debunked and people were told they didn't see anything. If that did happen you would think that would be the most extraordinary thing ever, but I'm just wandering if someone can explain to me what happened?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There were reports of a UFO over Washington last year. A fighter pilot went after it and it just took off and disappeared out of sight.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There have been many reports of UFO's over Washington. From memory I think there are pictures. I'm not sure about their authenticity though.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The story Bowser is concerned about happened in 1952. It did happen, pictures were taken, radar returns were registered, and planes chased these things. It was very weakly explained away by "scientists" as nothing more than strong temperature inversions or something. When that is the only explanation given and everybody is shut up from finding out anything further, you can't do much other than speculate from then on. Thats how all indisputable UFO sightings are handled. They just "fade" away from the media spotlight. Thats about all anybody can do to hide information on something so tangible: deny what happened and ignore public requests for further study.

Here's a summary of the event:

ufocasebook.com...

I also want to add that all governments of the world are in on the supression of UFO information. You don't hear about the vast majority of it because nobody who is in the know regarding this wants you to know. They fear the public finding the whole truth so much they are willing to allow the insanity of making people think they hallucinating and they spend billions/trillions of tax dollars to keep these objects out of the eye of public scrutiny.

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
colonel,

sounds interesting never heard of that any links to it?

Graham

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the link heelstone. To me that pretty much proves the ufo/extraterrestrial phenomenon but I still can't believe that people want to believe in the "temperature inversions" and dismiss the whole thing. I know that everyone else here thinks this: with this kind of proof why are so many people nonbelievers? It just baffles me.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Have there been in *recent* reports/sightings around the DC area???

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bowser
Thanks for the link heelstone. To me that pretty much proves the ufo/extraterrestrial phenomenon but I still can't believe that people want to believe in the "temperature inversions" and dismiss the whole thing. I know that everyone else here thinks this: with this kind of proof why are so many people nonbelievers? It just baffles me.

Well the other "nonbelievers" think that it's all human technology. I personally don't buy that idea....

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica

been alot in the last 2 years, search google and local papers to find out

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   

In a world where you have every single authority figure and scientist telling you that extraterrestrial visitation is not happening despite events like this, you will have a majority of skeptics. After all, people accept what is told to them from seemingly credible sources like the government.

Who are you going to believe? A civilian or the government? This is the dilemma we face.

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by magestica

been alot in the last 2 years, search google and local papers to find out

I'm not searching..infact I'm not even sure I even want to know. I work very close to DC and have seen/dealt *whatever* with some paranormal things at/near my work.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I understand your point heelstone, it just seems that with all the other stuff the government doesn't tell us. People might start to trust others more. It definitly makes sense though the average person is going to believe those who seem credible. It's just aggrevating to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have seen temperature inversions, car headlights in the sky, and I have to admit they looked about the same as these ufos. But if that was the phenomena in 1952, the radar blips must have been something else also - which might be possible according to the Condon Report.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Robert Low, part of the Condon Report, had a memo leaked that stated the following:

the trick would be, I think, to describe the project so that to the public it would appear a totally objective study but to the scientific community would present the image of a group of nonbelievers trying their best to be objective but having an almost zero expectation of finding a saucer.
Sounds like a whole lot of unbiased reporting went into it, eh?

Ed Condon fired two people for this leak, but the Condon Report was published anyway.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Okay, heelstone, I'm not naive about the Condon Report. Low may be right. But I'm just saying "temperature inversions" is a very strange phenomenon in itself plus the Condon Report has some suggestions about the causes of false radar blips.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Right. The Condon Report's suggestions aren't negated by that memo leak, but their conclusions should be highly suspect as a result of it.

top topics

join