It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rwanda and Sudan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The question i would like to pose is why not just the U.N but world powers seperatley allow genocides to happen in Africa whilst shouting out against them.But are up in arms when they happen in Europe (Yugoslavia) I mean Rwanda was a disgrace, France basiically supported the genocide by providing support for the RGF, many of whose eliments were involved with the militias and interwhame who purputrated the crimes. It took so long for the U.N to get a neccesary force in that when it arrived the genocide and civil war was over! Now look at Sudan i don't think we really know what is happening over there as it only occasionaly fronts news coporation headlines and is quickly replaced by Iran, Israiel, Afghanistan. Now the world powers are in some ways very responsable for the genocides either directly through support (France, U.S) or indirectly through clonial history (Uk,Belguim and many others) Yet it doesnt really seem to bother them. I really feel a U.N force should be sent into Sudan with a chapter 7 mandate wheter the government likes it or not, i feel a ceasefire could be relatively quickly implemented and though there would be U.N casulties their leaders will finally be doing their duty.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The apathy of the international community is being echoed here, mabye that's why thier not interested.

join