It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a question....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If someone held a gun up to your face & asked if u believed in God would you say yes & die knowing you did the right thing,or say no & live the rest of your life knowing that you denied that you loved & believed in God?If you would say no, delete this message & never think about it again,but if you would say yes,send this on to everybody on your email list,& be proud that to say that you believe in God.

Explain your answer...

I would say ask them why they were doing this, for God in my opinion sometimes, when I'm feeling smart, is only a figment of Humanity's imagination. We feel the need to create a being of infinite power and wisdom, so that we feel like we are not lost. Like a leader, for the Human Race, because we by ourselves are weak, pathetic, greedy beings with no soul. With this "God" or "Gods" however, we feel wanted, for they would only create us if they wanted us, right?

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Inspectah,

My answer is "YES!" Why? Because I believe the God of the Bible is real, and I will not be bullied through fear. I do not have to be afraid of death when I know that God keeps his promises. (If God is truly God, why would he lie??) There is incredible peace and comfort in His certainty.

You obviously are skeptical, so this I challenge you -- ask God to show you that He is real. Seriously!! Are you open minded enough to consider that there is a God who loves and cares about you? If so, go ahead and ask him. But don't be surprised if it changes your life. It sure changed mine.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Inspectah death is a tragedy to those who are dependant as well as love the one under such a threat. So if some jackass demanded that I conform or die. My first thought (insinct) would be to find a way to kill the MF outright.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Whoa, the resident hippy shows his hostile side..

Say no and live on, you can always be born again later on

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Kano I am not a hippie, that your personality is one which feels more comfortable labeling people has nothing to do with me. Perhaps you should buy yourself a white sheet put holes in and pretend everyone else is different.

The last time you and I spoke you called me an idiot and my response was that you reflect the difference between Morons and Idiots. To be clear I still hold the same opinion.

What are you thoughts?

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yes, I was thinking of that Toltec, but my friend wouldn't let me. They said I was going to die either way, so I told them what I have told you in my first post. And CareBear, what the hell do you mean by asking him to prove his existence to me? Give an example of what I could do...

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yes, I was thinking of that Toltec, but my friend wouldn't let me. They said I was going to die either way, so I told them what I have told you in my first post. And CareBear, what the hell do you mean by asking him to prove his existence to me? Give an example of what I could do...

kim

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 09:51 AM
link   
hmmm.... what happens to me then? Take this- a HELL load of different opinions of what 'god' is. I myself believe in science, but i also accept that there must be some universal power- whether this can be described as god or chaos i am still debating. This man here whos holding a gun to my face is asking me if i believe in HIS god- which lets say for arguments sake that i do not. i would die for not believing his theory- but what about mine? who's to say i'm not right? whos to say that we are all wrong? would i die for believing in what i thought was god but he didnt? On the other hand, sometimes i think along the lines of inspec's 'smart' opinion- that we are just alone- and we cant take it so we always have something to question "why god why?!", to love "god will set me free", or to express our hate on- i wont even put an example here in fear for getting chased out by roman catholics with pitchforks (no wait..thats farmers innit)

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would say what I personally believe. I am not afraid of death. My only fear is what the afterlife would be like. I can't pschologically handle the belief that we die and that's it, we don't even exist any more. I believe that there is a God and that there is an afterlife. I try to live my life as best as possible, do the right thing, and I am constantly searching for answers to deep questions. So yes, I would probably be killed by the maniac with the gun, if I didn't snatch the gun first.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Kano I am not a hippie, that your personality is one which feels more comfortable labeling people has nothing to do with me. Perhaps you should buy yourself a white sheet put holes in and pretend everyone else is different.

The last time you and I spoke you called me an idiot and my response was that you reflect the difference between Morons and Idiots. To be clear I still hold the same opinion.

What are you thoughts?

Chill out, Hippie-boy, Kano is only pulling your leg!

*In case your humor meter is broken today as well, I'm only pulling your leg, too. Peace!*

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Never fear Phunkey Monkey, you can't NOT exist, simply impossible, if you ceased to exist after death then none of this would have happend. Just think of it like when you go to bed, and wake up only seconds later, even though it's really been hours.

Existance can't cease to exist, it, like energy, only changes states

The world would be a lot better if they all believed what I believed

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Nah can't be mad at Kano he started that thread at the old board where I got a chance to speak theoretical physics (That one was a blast). Just wanted to kick some sand on his shoes and get him beer.

KANO where you been man!!

TC Its almost time for Thanksgiving keep in mind that's and Indian Holiday

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So Toltec, you admit to being pagan?...

Well, if "pagan" means to be wise enough to face existance with open eyes, open mind & the open heart to help others who need it, then I think we need more pagans & less organized religion in the world.

As for the idiot with the gun, I'd tell him that, by killing anybody else, he proves that he doesn't believe in God & so should turn the gun on himself.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think that Toltec was talking about self-defense, nothing anti-religious or sinister or anything. I'd make a grab for the gun instead of letting myself just get shot. I wouldn't shoot anyone, but I wouldn't let myself get killed if I could help it.

It is weird how only seconds go by and it's the next morning. One time, I woke up at 9:10 in the morning. I blinked my eyes and it was 11:10 on all the clocks. I must have fell asleep instantly
Existance is a strange thing. I just hope that the afterlife isn't unconsciousness or an abstract idea. I don't believe in the concept of eternal torment, but I hope s Heaven exists.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think the real question you need to ask yourself is whether or not saying "no" would make you feel as if you were turning your back on your beliefs.
If not, then you would have to live through the rest of your life knowing that at that pivital moment, you turned your back on your beliefs...and even denied your faith.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 01:36 PM
link   
God never asked you to die for Him !!!

Anyway, I " think " that I'll say " Yes, I believe in Him, and you can go burn in Hell, you & your gun "

Of course, I'm not sure by 100%. Nobody NEVER putted a gun on my head and asked me this question. So, until this day, it stay only a supposition.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am not Jonin around MD my decendantcy is one half Tolteca
Nagual. Making the rest clear
as a bell.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hey Inspectah,

When you ask God to prove to you that he exists, I suggest you ask him to make it personal. As in, he cares about YOU. That you are not just another speck of sand on the shore.

Almost eight years ago, I was a depressed suicidal 15 - year - old. I had been pondering the meaning of my messed up life for about a year, asking God what purpose did he have for my miserable existance. I felt trapped and hated my family, the bullies at school, God, and most of all myself. I told God, "If you really are so good, if you really do love me, you wouldn't make my life such hell!!"

Of course, God heard this challenge from an angry kid. The next week, I was riding the bus home from school. I was talking with this girl I'd begun to know since the year before. She asked me how my life was going. I described it in typical angst - ridden fashion, ending with, "And it all SUCKS!" This girl listened, and when I was done ranting she replied,"I hope all this gets better for you. I've been praying for practically, like, a year, that God would give you some peace in your life."

When I got off the bus that afternoon, I was in tears. Nobody had ever said THAT to me before! This girl, barely even a friend, cared enough to PRAY for me?!? No one had ever prayed for me before. Much less for a year! I thought about that. This girl believed in God. Did this mean that God was a good guy? That he did care about me after all? The more questions I had, the more curious I became, and the more I wanted to know the truth!

That day was a turning point in my life. I got a hold of a Bible not long after and went with a friend to a youth retreat with her church. That event emphasized just how valuable God sees people - even the screwed up ones like me. John 3:16 - 17 summed it up: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." I thought, When's the last time anybody put his LIFE on the line and died for me??? (Jesus dying on the cross for our mistakes and all.) And from that point on, the rest is history.

Inspectah I don't have a clue what your life is like or where you come from, but I hope all the same that God will do for you what he did for me: Give you a peace of mind and peace of heart that you just know comes from the Big Cheese upstairs.
Take care - and let me know what happens.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I like Toltec idea...try to get the gun off the fool and lay a lick of flame on 'em...

...if you couldn't get the gun, like if you were tied up or something...honestly, I would look the fool in the eye and say "Yes I believe in The Lord my Saviour...and I look forward to seeing Him soon then".

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 03:21 AM
link   
OH carebear....Why do people let the power be taken out of humanity? We are not some pawns to be battered around by a thinking god....

....Of course I doubt much I can show you how I percieve what happend to you without looking much the bad guy, it does seem a shut case.

However....I don't think people believe in fate//irony//karma enough, they took it all and said "God did it". This drastically harms our position in this world.

Ok I figured out what I want to say...it's just as Buddha said....the Truth is that we create much of our own suffering needlessly.

Sometimes fate if you will....or maybe it is just coincidense, but it IS really well timed whatever it is....sometimes that really well timed statement is said at the most crucial moment, and you are that much more enlightened, however you wish to interpret it, from my stand point you simply changed your view of the world, and consequently you stopped making yourself suffer. All that Needless suffering was somewhat removed.

Now if you want to believe it was God's doing be my guest...it's your choice...but it's thoughts like that that made me become an Athiest for so long, too much "Humanity sucks" and "All we have left is our Saviour...let's all be saved" saved from what?

I don't know about any of you but I intend to live....this world rules, and when you sit down and actually look at it, whether it be a simple blade of grass or a mighty tree or mountain...it rocks, and I wouldn't wanted to be parted from it ever, I'd never imagine a heaven better than this earth and this universe.

But that's just me...a lot of people suffer and to them this world is a pain, and they seek an escape, that's because I haven't been able to enlighten them

I always feel like a nut when I think that, but it's the truth, maybe my way of thought is only compatible with me...but it IS serenity incarnate. No more seperation from reality, no suffering, just peace.

Even in the mighty storms such as the one now out my window I see only harmony, I hear it on the wind...just calmness, time....all the time in the world. To sit and enjoy it.

That is why I always get so sad that people hide with god...sure I guess there IS a god, this universe is very organized, and kinda pointless when you think about it, nothingness is easier.

But that doesn't mean he sits there and actually plots out every point on your life line, and then will change it if you pray.

Then you may wonder...well why do I believe in Fate??? I believe in fate because I believe that there is nothing more orderly than this universe...

...I believe that people cause their own suffering by stepping out of the stream, and carving their own paths...for some, it turns out benifitial, but for most...they leave the calm waters that flows around everything, and guides it in perfect syncronization...and end up in great turmoil...fighting eachother to get ahead...when fate wins in the end. And you return to the sea...to be born again.

God, is man's escape, from his arduous journey....he leaves these waters and feels the pain, and so makes a god that cares about him, and punishes his competitors so as to make his journey on foot more easy to bare...but no one ever thinks to realize that the only god IS this universe, including that great stream of fate...and it doesn't care about you, and you consequently fight it (him whatever) as you fight nature to get ahead, thinking you have freedom of choice.

Carebear....Jesus died because an angry mob persuaded the Governor to unjustly crucify him...what benifit do you or god gain by his death...I mean really?

I do not need to be saved, no one does, stop escaping, or running, sit down for once and admire the crack in the side walk...it is a peice of this infinite universe too you know.

Sincerely,
no signature

top topics

<<   2 >>

join