It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Color is God?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I still say God is an 8 ft tall black man.......With laser eyes

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
fo' sure

cuz I want him to be to dunk like a mofo

and he's real buff

and thugged out with tats.

Thats why he made hell, for all the haters.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Oh there they go again....Everytime I see a painting it's of White Jesus. ... The white man can't let the black man have anything.

And logically, if Jesus was black, and God is his father, and Mary was Middle Eastern of some kind, then God has to be Black. Simple logic solves the mystery. Case closed.........

God is black

That's kind of sad that you can't see past skin color to the actual content of what I posted, and if this thread's purpose was to figure out what Jesus' skin color was, I'm sorry I participated.

What is Jesus' skin color? I don't know, I don't care, and I'll spend as much time contemplating it as I do the feelings of a mosquito that landed on the last leg it'll ever try to bite.

When the Word was made flesh, it didn't matter what color His skin, His eyes, or His hair was -- if it was of any importance at all, there would be some comment about it in the Bible -- there isn't. It has only been in the last 40 years that this hyper-sensitivity has hit the Western world making the assumption that any reference to shade or color has to be about race. These assumptions are made by people who can only see and think race, race, race. Rasobasi4200 apparently has even gone so far as to get some kind of ESP race detection equipment or spent the time inventing it because (s)he can somehow discover someone's race through the internet based on a username.

God being light and Satan being darkness has NOTHING to do with race. It has to do with good and evil. Stop trying to apply modern cultural idiosyncrasies to both God and to a book last updated over 1900 years ago.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Jesus was bright orange, he had mystic tan.

He had sandals, but I heard he sported lime green vans.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Jesus was bright orange, he had mystic tan.

He had sandals, but I heard he sported lime green vans.

Only when doing kickflips and front-side board slides. Jesus was the best skateboarder around. He had to be, he was skating on sand.

Jesus was Black

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
He made his own skateboard, he had the madcore carpentry skills, then he'd go down to the blacksmith and got him some trucks.

His kickflip no lookie fakie distaster was off the chain, specially when he shot out lasers and gave autographs mid air.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Oh there they go again....Everytime I see a painting it's of White Jesus. ... The white man can't let the black man have anything.

And logically, if Jesus was black, and God is his father, and Mary was Middle Eastern of some kind, then God has to be Black. Simple logic solves the mystery. Case closed.........

God is black

That's kind of sad that you can't see past skin color to the actual content of what I posted, and if this thread's purpose was to figure out what Jesus' skin color was, I'm sorry I participated.

What is Jesus' skin color? I don't know, I don't care, and I'll spend as much time contemplating it as I do the feelings of a mosquito that landed on the last leg it'll ever try to bite.

When the Word was made flesh, it didn't matter what color His skin, His eyes, or His hair was -- if it was of any importance at all, there would be some comment about it in the Bible -- there isn't. It has only been in the last 40 years that this hyper-sensitivity has hit the Western world making the assumption that any reference to shade or color has to be about race. These assumptions are made by people who can only see and think race, race, race. Rasobasi4200 apparently has even gone so far as to get some kind of ESP race detection equipment or spent the time inventing it because (s)he can somehow discover someone's race through the internet based on a username.

God being light and Satan being darkness has NOTHING to do with race. It has to do with good and evil. Stop trying to apply modern cultural idiosyncrasies to both God and to a book last updated over 1900 years ago.

junglejake, excellent reply. I believe in the separation of Spirituality and science. In Spirituality, God loves all, independent of color. In science, people, frequently devoid of any Spirituality at all, love some colors but not other colors.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
god is the color of noodles, meatballs, and pasta sauce

this should just end this useless thread

come on, honestly, this isn't even theological

there was a thread on the race/ethnicity of jesus, and i can understand that

but how can an abstract being have an interpretable form?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Like a Rainbow?

kewl

I want communion now, I'd love to taste the rainbow.

cuz I'm sure there are some rainbowlish peoples on some planet somewhar.

Communion and skittles, I wonder if church attendance would increase? Better yet, we can start a new church using this as our hook and the church name would have the word "Extreme" somewhere in it. The possibilites are endless.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
God is a large black woman.
God is a homeless teenaged male prostitute on crack.
God is an opinionated right wing neo nazi
God is a 75 year old nun in a religious cloister with doubts about her faith.
God is a new born baby.
God is a truck driver on Interstate 75 wondering if he should "run two books" and take a bean and hope to make a profit this month.
God is this and that and all things. God made us and we are the product of that creation.
We are not perfect even though we could have been made perfect. We are not perfect even though some of us strive for perfection.
God is in the face of every saint and God is in the face of every sinner. Pick a color?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
gOD IS ALL OF THE ABOVE, if u read revelation chapter 4-5 zGod sits on a chair hold the scroll of seven seals. in his hands, showing he has a body. Plus because God is all powerful, he can change his color at will. Jesus is most like the color of were he was born, and mary color, as what was the color of were his was born. He was'nt black, nor was he white, he was dark skin mostly likely. But why does this matter. Doing God's work is what matters

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My girlfriend read a book recently that said God is the color of water. Simple, yes, but it makes sense.

Pure light goes in, and all the individual colors come out. God is a prism that both divides and unites, depending on the direction from which you look at it.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
FOOLS AND BLASPHEMERS!

Everyone knows that god is pink, because the invisible pink unicorn is god!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well,I don't think God has a color. The Bible actually states that God is light.... It also states that he is "an unquenchable fire." Therefore,God does not have color per se. Most people who have NDEs describe the light they are about to enter as a light blue, so,I guess it can be argued that to the human senses, he would be a big ball of blue light.

Well if god has "an inquenchable fire" he should get himself right on over to

www.tums.com...

I had an inquenchable fire once... oh man, it was terrible!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So all of those trapped in an unquenchable fire should be thankful. THat is what it's like to be in the presence of God. It tastes like burning.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Teal....definatly teal.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Maybe hes clear. Or gray. Thats the most neutral thing I can think of.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
[quote=Some Book]Gen 1:26 God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the sky, and over the livestock, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

:27 God created man in his own image. In God's image he created him; male and female he created them.

I guess the answer to your question is a question.

If God made man in his image, as this passage states, then the true answer lies in answering the question...

What color is man?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
so god sucks ass like me? if we were made in his image?

what a let down , we need gods like Odin, and Thor yeah!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ah-Ha!!!
Good work Dr. H. McCoy!

The First Homo Sapiens appeared in Africa, and were likely black skinned!!!

God is an 8 foot black man

With Laser Eyes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join